Sign in to follow this  
djbully

To MICROSOFT: Not buying until STEAM version available!

Though I'd post here as they seem to read this forum more than their own forum!

I wont be buying this until it is available on STEAM. I have used Steam for many many years, since the start CS 1.6 FTW!

I am not going to buy another version in the hope that you can add it to Steam at a later date. Often it never works out.

So there you have it Microsoft, you wont get a penny out of me until I can order it on Steam. 

Oh, one caveat: I won't buy also if there is no Track IR support. Currently there is not, one month from release!!!!!  😱😱😱

Thank you very much 💪

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

So don't buy it ?  I am not sure why the hatred for MS Store. You download the game, you have an icon on your desktop, you double click and it starts..oh the horror.

• Like 22
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

So don't buy it ?  I am not sure why the hatred for MS Store. You download the game, you have an icon on your desktop, you double click and it starts..oh the horror.

And even then unlike other stores, you don't have to sign into another launcher (Steam, Origin, etc) to play something since it's tied to your Windows account. Back to the topic though:

Ok. That's cute. I can flex my legs AND arms 🦵 💪

• Like 2

They won't miss you, be assured of it.

STEAM is not exactly perfect either.

Not sure why the hatred for the MS Store, if so you would probably be well to not purchase the product. Since they are the developers and would certainly wish to sell it on their own platforms it my never sell on STEAM or any other platform. I've heard it will be able to be purchased on some other venues but will in the end just link back to the MS Store.

I prefer the Microsoft Store.  Marketplace items will be an easy 1-click buy and it'll automatically be installed within the game. 

• Like 1

If it comes to steam game studios are now hosting them on there own platform no COD MW on steam at the moment and even the XBOX version logs in to blizzard, i suspect MS will want control over the in game DLC.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Meanwhile in the Microsoft Headquarters...

The camera pans up to the penthouse office of the impressive MS HQ. We cut to a close up shot of a pair of Manolo Blahnik-clad feet hurrying along the shiny polished floor, the sound echoing starkly off the walls. The camera pulls back to reveal a beautiful secretary, rushing along the corridor, in her hand she clutches a trailing computer printout. She bursts into the attractively paneled boardroom where a meeting is in place. All eyes fall upon her:

MS CEO, Satya Narayana Nadella: What is the meaning of this?!

Secretary: Terrible news Mr Nadella. Simply terrible!

MS CEO, Satya Narayana Nadella: Well! Out with it!

Secretary: Avsim user djbully has said that he won't buy our new sim until it is on Steam, he issued his ultimatum less than an hour ago!

MS CEO, Satya Narayana Nadella: What! n, no, no, this cannot be! Nooooooooooooo!

Cue opening credits...

Edited by Chock
  • Like 29
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

33 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am not sure why the hatred for MS Store

Because MS can never make their mind up about their online game sales platform, so every couple of years they change it and you lose stuff or end up with approximately 13 different MS clients.

Steam has been a constant in this world, unlike Games for Windows, Xbox PC Marketplace, Xbox PC app beta, Windows Live Games or whatever MS have decided to use this week.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

K, no problem, enjoy playing MS2020 in July next year then!

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Now that we know Orbx will be selling through the Microsoft Game Store you might want to rethink this. This may increasingly be the situation with developers. Hopefully it will be. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just now, Lenny777 said:

Now that we know Orbx will be selling through the Microsoft Game Store you might want to rethink this. This may increasingly be the situation with developers. Hopefully it will be. 

I'm pretty sure if they sell it through Steam, you would still be able to buy things on MS Marketplace and use them easily, the same way you would with the MS Store version. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

every couple of years they change it and you lose stuff.

I have not heard of people losing purchased software just because Microsoft changes the name of their store. If this were true, there would be one monster of a class-action lawsuit. Perhaps I missed it?

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, eslader said:

I have not heard of people losing purchased software just because Microsoft changes the name of their store.

Well. At least I did, when they closed the Games for Windows thingy.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 2