Sign in to follow this  
spilok

P3d in the NEXT MONTH???

Believing discussion from self appointed gaming experts, what does one expect!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Its getting nicer and nicer: if you are offline -> MSFS won't start.

If you have installed the boxed DVD version -> first DVD has to be in the drive or MSFS won't start.

Both confirmed by Aerosoft, publisher of the boxed version.

Childish MS behavior.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

14 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Its getting nicer and nicer: if you are offline -> MSFS won't start.

That's new in the current version.  I could fly previous versions with no Internet connection.  It's likely that the release version will allow it, but no way to know for sure.

No idea about the Aerosoft version.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes, looks strange as it is already working offline as expected.
Beware of rumors...

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

That's new in the current version.  I could fly previous versions with no Internet connection.  It's likely that the release version will allow it, but no way to know for sure.

No idea about the Aerosoft version.

Hook

Read carefully.....if you are offline.....MSFS wont START....

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Read carefully.....if you are offline.....MSFS wont START....

Read carefully... that's new in the current version.  I'm pretty sure I know why they're doing it, and I've seen the dialog that comes up if you lose connection during a flight.

After release, who knows?

Hook

Larry Hookins

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Beware of rumors...

I wouldn't call official Aerosoft statements rumors.

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

5 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I wouldn't call official Aerosoft statements rumors.

exactly.  Here is the link 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154700-aerosoft-official-retail-partner-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/page/8/&tab=comments#comment-990011

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Here is Mathijs answer to this precise question:
"As far as we know MFS checks your XBox account on startup. If this turns out to be incorrect  we will inform you."

Nowhere he claims it will be mandatory. It is just a supposition, not an assertion, from a guy which I very much respect.
So for me it is still a rumor 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

As much as I find the MSFS hype absurd and am looking forward to seeing people’s reactions:

I never fly offline anyway because I want live weather, use my charts app and my in-flight entertainment. Come to think of it, I’m just never really offline. 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Roch said:

"As far as we know MFS checks your XBox account on startup. If this turns out to be incorrect  we will inform you."

It is currently doing this.

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 minutes ago, flycln said:

I never fly offline anyway

I don't either but my Internet has been known to go down. 🙂  

If I learn that an Internet glitch can kick me out near the end of a 10 hour flight with no option to continue... well, you know.  I was worried enough today on a 3 hour flight.

Hook

Larry Hookins

33 minutes ago, flycln said:

I never fly offline anyway because I want live weather,

Weather apps rarely inject updated  conditions more frequently than every 5 minutes and usually no more than every 15 minutes. Now compare that to terrain tiles which will be loading constantly. Which one is "too big to fail"?