Sign in to follow this  
aatd

MS 2020 and Goflight?

Spad.Next supports GoFlight?  I don't see any mention of it on their website.

Rowland Archer

Simmer since SubLogic on a TRS-80 ("are those mountains or a runway?")

My System Specs: i2600 Sandy Bridge OC 4.2 GHz | 8 Gig Ram | MS WIN7 64 Bit | MSI NVidia GeForce GTX460 768MB RAM | Galaxy GT430 1GB RAM | Matrox TH2GO | 6 LCD Screens | 1 Projector | Lumber

11 minutes ago, rarcher said:

Spad.Next supports GoFlight?  I don't see any mention of it on their website.

+1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

What peeves me is that we purchase expensive GoFlight products and then have to ‘purchase’ other vendors software to make them work properly!! 

I parallel this to buying a new television and the remote control doesn’t work so you have to go out and buy a third party product in order to use your new TV!! 

Would you be happy and accept that? ... of course you wouldn’t !!

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 1:23 PM, DJJose said:

+1

Both GIT and Spad.Next work with GF panels in MSFS2020. GIT recognizes GF in general (all buttons and rotaries just like FSUIPS7 with GF's dll if you put it in the same folder) plus it recognizes several panels with their specific default functionalities: MCP, LGT II, 166 (and I guess MCP PRO) which is very helpful. But I coudn't find similar possibility in Spad.Next. It also recognizes all buttons and rotaries, like GIT and FSUIPC, but doesn't offer full panel's functionality. I find assigning every button, rotary and display functions from the very long list under drop down menu very very difficult, particularly when most of the functions don't work in MSFS2020. If somebody has ready profiles for Spad.Next - please share!

Thanks.

PS: I bought GIT and Spad.Next just 2 days ago, so the above is just what I've figured out myself so far, please share what you've learnt about their functionality and practical use in MSFS2020.

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1

Easy way to make GoFlight work:

Navigate to your C:\\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\ folder (if that's
where it is) and make a shortcut on your desktop to the "GFDevFSXSE.exe"
in there.

2) Then after launching MSFS, run it and your hardware should light up! Working here and a friend of mine has it working also. 

Cheers!

Greg

Edited by Chocorua
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, Chocorua said:

in there.

2) Then after launching MSFS, run it and your hardware should light up! Working here and a friend of mine has it working also. 

Cheers!

Greg

You SIR are a genius! I'll try this tomorrow. I do recall that this was the trick to get the modules to show up years ago with P3D v4.

I'm going to assume that you are using the latest software download?

7 hours ago, Chocorua said:

in there.

Cheers!

Greg

When I run GFDevFSXSE.exe I have Error:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use different comman-line sxtrace.exe tool for more detail.

If I run any other exe in GoFlight folder only MCP panel lights up but is not functional at all.

As I mentioned if you just drop GFDev64.dll in FSUIPC folder and run FSUIPC7.exe all your GF buttons, switches and rotaries will become assignable in FSUIPC7 menu, but GF panels will not recognized hence not functional yet.

Looks like the only way to go meanwhile is using GIT and Spad.Next (with user-made profiles, thanks klosurdo! I'll try downloading the profiles).   

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1

I've been a GoFlight customer since the beginning and they have not failed me yet. I'm confident that this will be resolved. If it is NOT resolved in a few weeks, I'll proceed with GIT. BTW, have not done any checking yet. Too busy enjoying the new sim.

Edited by DJJose

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

You SIR are a genius! I'll try this tomorrow. I do recall that this was the trick to get the modules to show up years ago with P3D v4.

I'm going to assume that you are using the latest software download?

Hmmmm, Well here we go. I've used this method several times through P3D versions 3/4/5 and now MFS and its never failed. Same with my flying bud in Florida. Yes, using the latest software I got via the email notice that it supports MFS. Anyone have success with it?    

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

37 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Hmmmm, Well here we go. I've used this method several times through P3D versions 3/4/5 and now MFS and its never failed. Same with my flying bud in Florida. Yes, using the latest software I got via the email notice that it supports MFS. Anyone have success with it?    

Which versions of MSFS2020 do you and your flying friend from Florida have? 

Thanks