Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

I just saw benchmark results and those left me disappointed.

1 hour ago, suncoastflyer said:

Chewwy's video into EGLL was smooth as butter. Only 1 major hitch when the airport appeared to load in but after that it really stayed on its feet. Goes to show, if you know what you're doing, this runs pretty well and looks amazing.

This was the clip I was waiting for. Just about what I was expecting from the default A320. Enough functionality + very good audio/graphics to get casual simmers into the spirit of flying the Airbus if they work out the quirks. The rest of us Airbus nerds will have to wait for a detailed plane from a 3rd party.

• Like 2

@vin747 I am not spreading misinformation on XP11. I am avid user of XP11. XP11 graphics engine lighting is flat overall And the sim still freezes when you have METAR update.   You needs tons of addons to make it look serviceable and there is features like shadow that will actually murder your frame if you turn it on. As much as I love XP11, there is a lot of improvement to be done when it comes to visual.  if you ask me , I found P3D V5 is more fluid due to DX12. I know Vulkan is still in beta so it might not be a fair representation. P3D V5 with TrueSky is better than XP11 for me. I get better performance overall. The Cloud on Ultra are amazing.

It doesn't mean that I will stop playing XP11. I like the flight dynamics and I have quite a few aircraft that I enjoy flying. I think XP11 fans needs to take a step back and start feeling like everyone is bashing on them. This is the reality we are in. XP12 needs to do something drastic to close the gap and I will support them if they do so.  I also want to add that XP11 is more mature than MSFS as of right now. It's a more complete sim as it stands. I don't know for how long but the clock is ticking. I hope LR has something up their sleeves and comes out swinging.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Well to me, this was a pretty nice look at the SIM. From here, people can decide based on their own personal inclinations whether the glass is half empty or half full.

For myself, I would only make the observation that I suspect for the vast majority of Flyers who may take out a big jet every once in while, but whose eyes bulge at the price of some of the premium offerings for this type of aircraft, this is probably sufficiently detailed to keep them mostly happy, and it's still early days.

It's also worth noting for the people thats glass in half full is that Chewwy runs at 4k and to have that much autogen, weather and still have 44 FPS is great to see. Glad I am still on 1080x1920. I know people on these forums that have regretted going to 4k because of the huge performance hit. Until we see an addon aircraft or airports we have no idea if or how much it will burn FPS, this is not FSX or FSX with lipstick on it. So we can only wait to see if these big addons take chunks of FPS off or not.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

@vin747 I am not spreading misinformation on XP11. I am avid user of XP11. XP11 graphics engine lighting is flat overall And the sim still freezes when you have METAR update.   You needs tons of addons to make it look serviceable and there is features like shadow that will actually murder your frame if you turn it on. As much as I love XP11, there is a lot of improvement to be done when it comes to visual.  if you ask me , I found P3D V5 is more fluid due to DX12. I know Vulkan is still in beta so it might not be a fair representation. P3D V5 with TrueSky is better than XP11 for me. I get better performance overall. The Cloud on Ultra are amazing.

It doesn't mean that I will stop playing XP11. I like the flight dynamics and I have quite a few aircraft that I enjoy flying. I think XP11 fans needs to take a step back and start feeling like everyone is bashing on them. This is the reality we are in. XP12 needs to do something drastic to close the gap and I will support them if they do so.  I also want to add that XP11 is more mature than MSFS as of right now. It's a more complete sim as it stands. I don't know for how long but the clock is ticking. I hope LR has something up their sleeves and comes out swinging.

Bare in mind that v11.50 was meant to be to be the "how to draw" not the "what". If the "what" changes in a drastic way like the "how", that's what there are hinting at least, we should have really high expectations for v12:-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

This was the clip I was waiting for. Just about what I was expecting from the default A320. Enough functionality + very good audio/graphics to get casual simmers into the spirit of flying the Airbus if they work out the quirks. The rest of us Airbus nerds will have to wait for a detailed plane from a 3rd party.

Not to mention he is one of the first having his seat set up right 😛 I always wonder how people talk about "as real as it gets" and then it looks like they are sitting at the bottom barely seeing over the glareshield. 😉

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

34 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Not to mention he is one of the first having his seat set up right 😛 I always wonder how people talk about "as real as it gets" and then it looks like they are sitting at the bottom barely seeing over the glareshield. 😉

There was a guy (real 747 pilot, if I understood correctly) doing a flight over Los Angeles yesterday who complained that he couldn´t move his viewpoint up far enough to where it would be realistic for him. So maybe there is some sort of travel limit? Can a tester confirm that you can freely position the camera inside the cockpit and save it there?

Edited by Janov

yes you can. it's ALT + arrow up.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes you can. it's ALT + arrow up.

Yup.

Serendipitously enough, yesterday I saw the video mentioned above regarding seat positioning, and so had just been messing with those settings early this morning.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just checked the comments of that video, and appearantly it is the LEFT alt key, he was trying the right alt key and thats why it didn´t work for him...

4 hours ago, mtaxp said:

"Minor" little updates in x-plane? The last 3 years they have been rewriting from scratch to natively suppprt vulkan/metal, this is a HUGE update, for FREE.

So yeah they should be praised..

Besides, you are trying to compare xp11 which was released years ago to the to-be-released msfs in a couple of weeks, let's talk when xp12 will be Vulkan only (since they cant change minimun specs during v11 run) and to see what hidden tech is waiting to be unleashed..many hints were already given for x-plane 12.

LOL...well we see what MSFS has been doing for the last 3 years....and it outshines XP11...XP12...XP13 etc.

You waited ages for Vulkan...is that still in Beta? And now you are looking forward to XP12? XP is too little too late. I doubt you will see an XP12, and if you do...it will still be 12 years behind MSFS today.

Austin will eventually make the only business decision left to make...continue with his mobile app and "discontinue" the desktop version. The customer base will leave for MSFS, the 3PDevs will leave for MSFS, and XP will fade away.

• Like 1

Well, keep in mind there are still people using fs9.....

And Windows 7!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

I would have my eye on the prices for the 2080TI as soon as the new cards come out. They should drop considerably. And then get one.

10 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

When the 2080 TI came out, the prices for the 1080 TI went sky high and suddenly there was not a single card left.

Yeah, its a weird dynamic. I have a 1080, and remember the price / availability fluctuations. Even the 2080TIs are a little scarce now. 

4 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

LOL...well we see what MSFS has been doing for the last 3 years....and it outshines XP11...XP12...XP13 etc.

You waited ages for Vulkan...is that still in Beta? And now you are looking forward to XP12? XP is too little too late. I doubt you will see an XP12, and if you do...it will still be 12 years behind MSFS today.

Austin will eventually make the only business decision left to make...continue with his mobile app and "discontinue" the desktop version. The customer base will leave for MSFS, the 3PDevs will leave for MSFS, and XP will fade away.

Why don’t you change your username to Michel de Nostredame?

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why don’t you change your username to Michel de Nostredame?

Because that wouldn't change the fact that MSFS has finally addressed the issues that LR / XP has ignored for almost a decade.

21 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

You're so sad.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]