Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

I just saw benchmark results and those left me disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Murmur said:

You're so sad.

I am when flying XP...but that is all set to change on Aug 18.

I don't easily take things so personal...you might want to try a different approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

I am when flying XP...but that is all set to change on Aug 18.

I don't easily take things so personal...you might want to try a different approach.

Expecting the demise of something is one thing; wishing it (as the used tone implies) is, that, really sad.

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

29 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Because that wouldn't change the fact that MSFS has finally addressed the issues that LR / XP has ignored for almost a decade.

Yet Asobo has introduced quite a few issues that LR/XP has solved over the last decade 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

Expecting the demise of something is one thing; wishing it (as the used tone implies) is, that, really sad.

Well hey "you" said "wish"...and then committed to a post projecting "your" inner character / feelings.

1 minute ago, Janov said:

Yet Asobo has introduced quite a few issues that LR/XP has solved over the last decade 😄

Really, write down that list...and vice versa...

Start with clouds and weather....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Janov said:

Is this a high-detail airport? Or the basic version?

I seriously hope it's the default/basic version they're showing here - if not I'll cancel my Premium Deluxe order.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I can´t - I am too busy changing my wheels after running over taxiway lighting that is planted in the middle of my taxiway 😆

Wait, I will show you how that happened in the replay...oh...

Edited by Janov
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

LOL...well we see what MSFS has been doing for the last 3 years....and it outshines XP11...XP12...XP13 etc.

You waited ages for Vulkan...is that still in Beta? And now you are looking forward to XP12? XP is too little too late. I doubt you will see an XP12, and if you do...it will still be 12 years behind MSFS today.

Austin will eventually make the only business decision left to make...continue with his mobile app and "discontinue" the desktop version. The customer base will leave for MSFS, the 3PDevs will leave for MSFS, and XP will fade away.

Yeah but new clouds Confirmed.

New lightning and atmoshpere Confirmed as the "very next thing" after Vulkan.

New scenery is Confirmed too.

Lots of tech BTS yet to be revealed since Vulkan is a #1 priority

Mobile is what makes x-plane's market potentially MUCH larger than msfs's.

I would make a bet here, odds are probably against you lol

This is an msfs forum, sorry guys:-)

Edited by mtaxp

2 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Yeah but new clouds Confirmed.

New lightning and atmoshpere Confirmed as the "very next thing" after Vulkan.

New scenery is Confirmed too.

Lots of tech BTS yet to be revealed since Vulkan is a #1 priority

Mobile is what makes x-plane's market potentially MUCH larger than msfs's.

I would make a bet here, odds are probably against you lol

This is an msfs forum, sorry guys:-)

Like I said...too little too late. Come Aug 18, those claims won't even matter. XP users will be migrating over to MSFS like a herd of cattle.

Edited by FlyBaby

Austin just said he develops the desktop version for his commercial business in mind. ..and then usually what that gives him is appealing to consumers also. So i think XP will be OK..  same with p3d for mostly the same reason

Plus if 2 sims can co-exist, why cant 3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

7 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

XP users will be migrating over to MSFS like a herd of cattle.

The ones that are minded like cattle will.

But I suppose that X-Plane will actually see an uptick of sales over the next months, users that try MSFS for the cool graphics but get an interest in aviation and flying and then start looking for a more "serious" representation of it. Or simply want to see what the competition offers. 

So I am (as someone who is affiliated with X-Plane) in fact happy about MSFS coming along. It is a big step for our genre and since the "it will be so perfect as to not leave anything to be desired" myth has already been busted, it won´t stomp out any competitors.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Janov said:

The ones that are minded like cattle will.

But I suppose that X-Plane will actually see an uptick of sales over the next months, users that try MSFS for the cool graphics but get an interest in aviation and flying and then start looking for a more "serious" representation of it. Or simply want to see what the competition offers. 

So I am (as someone who is affiliated with X-Plane) in fact happy about MSFS coming along. It is a big step for our genre and since the "it will be so perfect as to not leave anything to be desired" myth has already been busted, it won´t stomp out any competitors.

Cheers, Jan

I disagree. I love X-Plane, but this thing just needs a few months after release and it'll be meeting all of our expectations and desires. As soon as the PMDG 737NG3 comes out, I think there's no going back for a lot of people. Sceneries and aircraft are going to come out. The few things that X-Plane does better will eventually be filled in either by updates or by addons.

• Like 1

That is assuming that X-Plane will stay the way it is and not evolve.

The only thing that X-Plane can´t match is the satellite/photogrammetry scenery. Everything else could be achieved on the X-Plane platform as well.

Time will tell. I think you will be disappointed when you believe that Asobo/third party will fix the remaining issues within a few months. Maybe a few years. There are 36960 airports in MSFS that need fixing, for example 😉.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Janov said:

The only thing that X-Plane can´t match is the satellite/photogrammetry scenery. 

LR could make a deal with Google.  

• Upvote 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, dilore said:

LR could make a deal with Google.  

What's in it for Google? Just to license a small part of their orthos, for example to make a third party payware airport, costs a small fortune. To cover the world would be way beyond Laminar's means

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography