Sign in to follow this  
be1a1

NEW! Planes & handcrafted airport trailer!

The Icon A5 in the video has a different livery than the one seen in the released footage/screenshots.

So I guess that might confirm an alternate livery for it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Guys, the alpha testers have told us the sim is perfect. They said it runs smooth, everything is just totally awesome and so much better than anyone could have expected.

Looks like not everyone recognized the sarcasm. 😄 

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Here is KSFO as it was shown off in one of the earliest Developer videos
0ybLgI2.png

And here it is in the comparison video, looks like a complete new detail pass, and it's been updated with the new extended terminal
Fc21GiA.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Hmm not sure an IXEG dev has a leg to stand on when talking about delivering underbaked products lol

This IXEG dev has had a pinned post up on their website that details EXACTLY what is missing from the product for every potential customer to read and decide if the product is (in the current state) for him.

lol back at you, Chapstick.

When the new MSFS comes out and has all the problems that are now slowly coming out from behind all the hype, I will spend a morning collecting and quoting all the alpha testers who couldn´t praise it in high enough tones. No backpedaling now will save you. There was all the feeding of the hype train, "can´t even start my other sim again...." and so on. The internet doesn´t forget, and all we ever read is how awesome the new sim is. No one has "actually done the opposite", nice try.

Well, no - of course I am not going to do that. But maybe think about the responsibility that comes with being in the alpha for our hobby, both for feedback to the development team but also for tempering expecations and ultimately laying the foundation for success of the simulator with users.

Uncritical praise is not good for neither.

X-Plane (and our IXEG) is full of flaws, but I want to know about them, what is not working for the customers and I also don´t want anyone to be disappointed after a purchase. Fair advertising and reviewing is part of that!

Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Janov said:

I will spend a morning collecting and quoting all the alpha testers who couldn´t praise it in high enough tones.

If you do, please make a count of the number of times I said, "It's not perfect" and "It's still just a flight simulator." 😄  I'm wondering that myself, but too lazy to do a search.

And I still can't praise it in high enough tones.  It's different when you're actually flying, and MSFS appears to be optimized for the bush pilot experience, which is how I fly.

After release I'll enumerate all my complaints. 😄 

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Hi Larry,

yes, there were many also here being the voice of reason. And to be honest I think the pendulum is probably swinging a bit too far towards the "doomsday" side 😉.

I always said it - even though being affiliated with LR and being a dev for IXEG - that I fully believe that the new MSFS will be ahead of X-Plane 11 in most categories and is also a big step forward for the genre.

I was always amused by the expectations voiced here on this forum, though - and when people went on about the most minuscle details and how they expect them to be just perfect - I missed the voice of the more experienced simmers (and alpha testers) that would reign in these expectations.

Lets see this new entry as what it is - a desktop simulation of airplanes flying over a virtual world. I am sure that the good folks at Asobo poured their heart into it and pushed this as far as they were able to in the time alloted to them. Will it be great and a few evolutionary steps forward? I believe so. Will it be perfect? Nothing ever is.

Jan

• Like 1

For sure there will be a backlash after release, when unrealistic expectations are unfulfilled...alpha testers are still held by the NDA but have been busy reporting bugs to zendesk and raising concerns on the internal forum.

All I can say is that I will definitely be buying it and I think there are few of the other alpha testers who wont be.

3 hours ago, Janov said:

When the new MSFS comes out and has all the problems that are now slowly coming out from behind all the hype, I will spend a morning collecting and quoting all the alpha testers who couldn´t praise it in high enough tones. No backpedaling now will save you. There was all the feeding of the hype train, "can´t even start my other sim again...." and so on. The internet doesn´t forget, and all we ever read is how awesome the new sim is. No one has "actually done the opposite", nice try.

Please do so now. Yes, many claimed that they wouldn't use their current simulators again, but you're talking as if that's not an easy to do. None of the current simulators are bug-free, so either way you'll have to put up with several issues. In this case, why would anyone choose the older and outdated platform? This is more about the disdain with the older simulators rather than the hype of the newer one.

But no, I do not recall anyone saying that the simulator is perfect and runs smooth on all hardware. Many tried to hint that there is still a lot of work to be done early on, and it's not like it was an easy thing to do considering the NDA. Especially before the leaks, it was much harder for testers to be somewhat vocal about the issues.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Janov said:

Guys, the alpha testers have told us the sim is perfect. They said it runs smooth, everything is just totally awesome and so much better than anyone could have expected.

Then we also hear that there will be lots of improving and fixing until the simulator releases, they have plenty of time! Three weeks, that is an eternity!

And whatever will not be totally perfect (like nothing, as the alpha crowd assured us) on release day will be swiftly fixed right afterwards. Flight model, airports, everything.

I expect to see my house, and I also expect to see my car and if I park it on the other side of the street the next day...thats where it should be when I fly the next day!

Boy, this is going to be good! 😄

I seem to have missed it? Could you link to the post where somebody mentioned the Sim was perfect?

Thanks.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 hours ago, Janov said:

I expect to see my house, and I also expect to see my car and if I park it on the other side of the street the next day...thats where it should be when I fly the next day!

... and they're STILL not recognizing the sarcasm! 😄 

Personally, I thought the post was funny.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I seem to have missed it? Could you link to the post where somebody mentioned the Sim was perfect?

Thanks.

Maybe nobody put it that way exactly, but there's no denying lots of people on the test were coming out with stuff which alluded to it all being bloody marvelous. As Janov pointed out, I don't think it will be too hard for him to find those 'can´t even start my other sim again...' and 'just you wait and see how great it is...' comments from a very large number of testers. Thus it will not be hard to embarrass them with a few select quotes if this sort of comment does subsequently prove to be hyperbole. Statements of that ilk have definitely been around in abundance and we'd have to have a fairly short memory to think otherwise.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

I don't think it will be too hard for him to find those 'can´t even start my other sim again...' and 'just you wait and see how great it is...' comments from a very large number of testers.

Even if it has a lot of issues that need to be ironed out, that does not mean it can't be a great simulator and a worthy replacement of the current ones, which have their own fair share of issues besides being stuck in the past. But nobody suggested it was totally perfect, in fact the opposite happened.

• Like 2

Just been pootling around Wales gliding in Xplane (ortho4xp and TrueEarth), multiplayer with my Son 🙂 Great fun, but it is hard to see those old trees and old autogen buildings and poor rivers and roads when just this morning in MSFS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 🙂

It does look truly stunning. I wish I could have gotten into the Beta at least so I could see if my computer can handle it but I wasn't that lucky. Ill still preorder, most likely via Steam though.

Also, I would have figured they would have handcrafted most International airports. KATL isn't even on the list.

Saying that you're not going back to your older sims after FS2020 comes out doesn't mean you think this new sim will be perfect.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub