Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Still worried about the flight model ... how planes move

3 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

@hanhamreds You noticed it too? 

To summarize, we have three parties: those who think all is fine, those who think this is to be expected with 'default' planes and we first have to shell out $100 extra for a decent plane, and those who feel something is off.

And on top of that the autopilot oscillates.

Of course all can be different after launch, but in the mean time we have a lot of fun here exchanging opinions.

Join the club and pick your party. 🙂

Don't think there's anyone who thinks all is fine. That's a group who understands the complexity of what Asobo is trying to accomplish which has never been done before and we're willing to give them time to refine things.

• Like 8

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Yes, also I think Asobo & Microsoft pulled off something remarkable. The Blackshark video on AI shows what tremendous computing power lies behind it. It won't be an easy task for anyone to top this.

And this is 'just the start of a 10 year project' as they call it. The things we discuss(ed) in this thread are on the Feedback Snapshot Alpha Issues List, these and other issues are being worked on and will get ironed out. And other improvements will follow.

We have many of fun hours ahead of us, flying and tinkering. And not to forget discussing, that's part of the mutual fun too. When emotions sometimes seem to go high, that's only a sign that we care and want this to succeed.

• Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

10 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Yeah I do. Maybe you aren't as funny as you think you are. 

Huh... I said "evil antagonist". Did you really think I regarded you as evil.  🙄 This was obviously tongue in cheek. Or is there a language barrier at play?

Zero reason whatsoever to get in a strop. 

Edited by martin-w

6 hours ago, martin-w said:

Huh... I said "evil antagonist". Did you really think I regarded you as evil.  🙄 This was obviously tongue in cheek. Or is there a language barrier at play?

Zero reason whatsoever to get in a strop. 

You missed the point though, I never said I was angry....I just said you weren't funny. Like at all....sorry bro.

However, the fact that you came to Robert aid for most of not all posts of his, it wouldn't surprise me if you actually thought someone on a flightsim forum was evil. 

This place keeps getting better and better.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

16 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Yes, also I think Asobo & Microsoft pulled off something remarkable. The Blackshark video on AI shows what tremendous computing power lies behind it. It won't be an easy task for anyone to top this.

And this is 'just the start of a 10 year project' as they call it. The things we discuss(ed) in this thread are on the Feedback Snapshot Alpha Issues List, these and other issues are being worked on and will get ironed out. And other improvements will follow.

We have many of fun hours ahead of us, flying and tinkering. And not to forget discussing, that's part of the mutual fun too. When emotions sometimes seem to go high, that's only a sign that we care and want this to succeed.

Beautifully stated!

Since there exists a legacy flight model in the sim, the default fm should be different in some way from the FSX/P3D fm.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

17 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You missed the point though, I never said I was angry....I just said you weren't funny. Like at all....sorry bro.

However, the fact that you came to Robert aid for most of not all posts of his, it wouldn't surprise me if you actually thought someone on a flightsim forum was evil. 

This place keeps getting better and better.

Okay I'm getting annoyed now. I did not come to Rob's aid for "most of" his posts. Just one. The one where he clearly forewarned everyone he was being picky. Now when a person warns others they are being "picky" they are actually saying "i'm being overly fussy, don't take this too seriously". But no... you then dived in and berated him and accused him of engaging in a witch hunt. A complete overreaction. 

it wouldn't surprise me if you actually thought someone on a flightsim forum was evil.

Another unnecessary response.  Another unnecessary insult. Rob is not a person who engages in "witch hunts" and I am not a person who regards immature forum members as "evil". Just so you know.

At first I just thought you were a cantankerous individual but you aren't are you? No sir, you are a troublemaker and troll.

I will no longer feed the troll. Lets see if you are immature enough to respond and keep this utterly pointless exchange going...

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

I will no longer feed the troll. Lets see if you are immature enough to respond and keep this utterly pointless exchange going...

<sigh>  Give it a rest, would you?  Please?

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Flight model looks good on that one.

It really depends on certain wind conditions I suppose.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Flight model looks good on that one.

It really depends on certain wind conditions I suppose.

Yes, this looks pretty good! Just an aside, he makes some great summarizing comments about simulators and GA flying.

On this video, there is a passage on the A320, it is clear that it is not the same version of the simulator tested by the alphas and betas ...

47 minutes ago, eriktu said:

On this video, there is a passage on the A320, it is clear that it is not the same version of the simulator tested by the alphas and betas ...

what differences do you see?

2 hours ago, eriktu said:

How is that clear? There was only a little bit of time when he was in the air where he was on lnav and the plane seemed like it was starting to do that fancy rocking it always does just as it entered the turn, but at that point he switched to a different airplane. Also, the ap didn't do a good job of capturing the altitude (5000ft), although that could be because he engaged the ap while he was at too high of a power setting and too close to 5000. I couldn't see anything indicating that this video was showcasing a different build. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

38 minutes ago, eriktu said:

The a320 is flyable and the autopilot is stable and no yoyo !

Could you iterate on that statement? Has the a320 ap had a brush over and is now fixed in regards to the rocking motion/oscillation?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78