Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Best Aircraft for sight-seeing?

Literaly any STOL high wing airplane (Go Cub!)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 8/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, Chock said:

Of all of them, the Cessna 152A (aerobat) is among the best because unlike the regular 152, you can easily remove the doors from the 152A specifically for observation, although the normal 152 is okay.

Wait, wut??

You can remove the doors of the 152A in FS2020?  Is that default or some sort of option?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Wait, wut??

You can remove the doors of the 152A in FS2020?  Is that default or some sort of option?

Not in the sim unfortunately, but in real life, so hopefully when Asobo get around to making the doors open in the default aeroplanes, they will make that command have the doors disappear in the F152A variant. At the moment the only real difference between the 152 and the 152A in MSFS is it includes an accelerometer, it has the skylights in the roof and includes the chequer paint job, which is a shame because in reality the 152 aerobat is quite a different aeroplane from the standard 152 performance-wise.

The real Cessna 152A (and Reims F152A, which is the one included in the MSFS super-duper version) were different from the standard 152 in being stressed for +6 and -3Gs, so they can do aerobatics. They have four-point harnesses, the doors are removable (and can also be jettisoned in flight if necessary). The seats can have the cushions removed too, so you can wear a parachute whilst sitting in them.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Bleriot XI ? You can even see the ground between your feet 🍻 No troublesome gauges to read (apart from an altimeter on springs...) :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

For MSFS, apart from the slow speed, I'd say it would be one of the microlights, of which there are two, one default and the other payware. You can't beat the view from a weight shift microlight, it's not for the faint hearted pilots with a fear of heights, but until there's an MD500, the view is unrivalled.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The Kinner Sport Wing is great for sightseeing, open cockpit, stable and slow. Coming soon from Golden Age Simulations. 

Click on pics for larger image.

i-RMBx82G-XL.png

i-qB8VgwG-XL.png

Edited by warbirds
  • Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Not as fun, but the drone gives the best view.

By the way the drone flight commands only work in drone view so you can add them to your normal view hat and they will not interfere with your cockpit nor outside view commands on the same hat positions. That's why there are two slots side by side in every MSFS options|controller box, so you can put 2 commands on the same hat position or button. Both commands will be issued at the same time.

So you can fly the drone around in drone view with the same hat that you look around the cockpit  with in cockpit view.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Bleriot XI ? You can even see the ground between your feet 🍻 

I picked up the Bleriot yesterday.    I do like it, but I'm not sure it's what I'd pick if I were interested in just sight-seeing, for two reasons.  One is that the huge wings rather limit downwards visibility -- except for what you can see through the floor.  The other is that it's slow enough that you're not going to be covering much scenery, and challenging enough to control that what scenery you do fly over you might not be able to pay as much attention to.

I like it a lot.  It's just not what I'd pick for casual VFR sightseeing.   I'd go for the Cri Cri before that -- amazing visibility and not too hard to control once you get the feel of it.

• Upvote 1