Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

MSFS Live Stream Tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

That’s gotta be impossible surely. I mean how many airlines are there!? 

In another year there may be a lot fewer.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

data only tells you the range (min and max)

As a biologist I find this a bit odd. You would expect to have max, mean and median heights data in any authoritative botanical survey (min height doesn't really make any sense). I hope they're not using something like Encyclopedia Britannica for their data. They should give Kew Gardens a ring. I would hope Jorg could help them out there.

Similarly they seemed to be saying they didn't have data on sea shelf depths. That's odd because there'll be plenty of freely available data on this in just about any university geology department or oceanographic survey. Perhaps they need to give Woods Hole a ring as well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tripper721 said:

What is the "FX System" 

Apologies for the basic question

FX = effects (such as "fx_landing.fx" that generates the landing and taxi lights

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

heir solution of trying to hand fix everything isn't workable.

Agreed. I'm not sure why they don't use Lidar vegetation height scanning remote sensing which has been used in the forestry industry for nearly 20 years. Maybe they can't get the license for it.

I'm not sure what the problem with opening doors may be.  There was talk on the Beta forum that doors could be opened in an early version of the Alpha but had been removed.

Might have been the canopy on the Icon that couldn't be solved. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

But limiting the tree height on a macro level should be expected given how big of an issue it is around airports.

From what I have seen, this can be done at the macro level. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

On 8/13/2020 at 5:21 AM, Bottle said:

In the airports feature discovery video they said they had hand crafted 80 airports but thee are only 40 in the deluxe premium version of the game. They have also stated there will be regular world updates post-launch including new airports. Is this they way the remaining 40 hand crafted airports will be delivered to us? Or are they planning something different like an airports DLC? In other words, what happened to those 40 hand crafted airports?

I just saw this posted over at Reddit similar to what you had asked and here’s their answer from MSFS support:

>Hi,  

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator support today.  We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.  

In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges.  

We are very excited about this as it will – over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.  

Chris Sunseri