Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

MSFS Live Stream Tomorrow!

I like what Jorg is saying about whether the default planes are "study level." Basically, everything has been reviewed meticulously in terms of making sure the performance numbers match real life, and real pilots of each aircraft type have flown the planes and have given lots of feedback about the "feel" of the planes.

They also said in terms of modeling every system in the airliners, they had that option, but they decided it would be better as a platform to go more broad on many different planes than to completely model a single A320 neo etc., especially considering there are pro 3rd parties like PMDG that are miles ahead of where they are (and it would take Asobo years to develop an airplane at the quality that PMDG can offer, etc.). They also decided to prioritize systems that impact flight at the moment (hence why the seatbelt switch isn't currently modeled, etc.)

It also sounds like the G1000 has made some improvements since the release of the preview build, and they are going to keep working on it.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 5

Replay is planned - on the backlog

Liveries - Coming

Semper Fi 

They contacted every airline in an effort to get their liveries and just need to wait for a response to get them licensed! Sounds like airlines aren't being very responsive.

Of course, the trees 🙃

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

TREES!  Send your feedback with a screenshot if you have an issue with height

Edited by joec63
  • Like 3

Semper Fi 

TREES hahahah @MatthewS

Sounds like tree height differences can be different based on real location even if the species are the same, so they are going to take feedback for specific areas based on real world photographs that show the trees are too big etc. 

Edited by FlyingInACessna

1 minute ago, Kopteeni said:

I like it that they're not shy in stating that the default planes have missing features. 

Agreed. I've seen comments that are critical of the "transparency" of the team, but I've always felt like I've had all the info I need to make reasonable assumptions about what we're getting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently they're taking direct feedback for any reports of anything being even slightly off (coloration, tree size, geological features) which is really really cool.

• Like 2