Sign in to follow this  
vin747

I Wish I hadn't seen this video b4 buying MSFS!!!

I am calm i buy a 3080ti and then buy fs 2020, but of course you can not have 100 fps in New York, not even in prepar3d so easy now.

Never said I expected 100 FPS in New York. Was hoping 30 FPS with medium settings on 1080p. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Just look at that thumbnail screenshot of the Youtube video of that 747 over that forest. Take a step back. Breathe. Look again. After 15 years we have a large company with hundreds of developers working on a AAA flight simulator that actually tries to emulate the systems and procedures of operating a 747... And this is a pre release version.

Then consider if it's worth giving your thumbs up to the manager who approved that project by showing your approval with a buy on day 1 - or reject it by not buying it and go back to the 15 year old codebases with band aids all over the place of the sims we have today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

3 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Never said I expected 100 FPS in New York. Was hoping 30 FPS with medium settings on 1080p. 

You can still get a refund and wait until you see how it shakes out, no harm , no foul.

Edited by joec63
  • Like 1

Semper Fi 

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's why I suggest trying it out with Gamepass first before deciding if you want to pay full price.

I think this is the smart move. Never buy without try. 

51 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

He's playing on build 1.16.13 which has a ton of issue. Preload is now on 1.17.12 build. So asobo has been busy fixing bugs. So I think you should relax for now and wait for the release build. All is good.

Plus, it's more healthy! 😄

You can't change it anyway. Bugs have been reported a hundred times. MS decided to release the sim early. We've seen that they are working on fullfilling our wishes. Now let them time.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It is really important to have a different mindset for MSFS, than people had for FSX, which was released in 2006, which is a lifetime ago in tech years.

Back then games were released on hard media so a product had to be pretty much done. You might be lucky to get a patch a few months to a year later.

In today's modern tech environment, titles can be released that have a long horizon of continuous improvement, which receive updates and enhancements frequently. This is a much better model. 

I have been alpha testing since April and MSFS will have issues upon release for sure. Default planes may have problems with Autopilot, FMC, and other things; there might be terrain mesh issues in some spots, and other aspect may not be 100% perfect. Understand that MSFS will mostly be very good to excellent and will need to improve on many things.

Let's not panic, rather let's look forward to the continuously evolving and improving platform that we should be grateful to have as an option to buy. And let's also be looking forward to the offerings that our third party developers will put out in the marketplace. 

This should be a great ride for most simmers. Hopefully we can keep things in reasonable and hopeful perspective. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

39 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Pretty sure my GTX 1070 manages that at High settings. I'll test it out tonight but I've been in some very dense and gorgeous places without noticing bad performance. I now await execution at the hand of the NDA police.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Pretty sure my GTX 1070 manages that at High settings. I'll test it out tonight but I've been in some very dense a gorgeous places without noticing bad performance. I now await execution at the hand of the NDA police.

Hi Krakin, I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get in the alpha so I’ll be jumping in on the 18th with my GTX 1070. Just wanted to ask you, are you running everything high or a mix of medium/high or high/ultra? What’s your general FPS like and what resolution?

15 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Pretty sure my GTX 1070 manages that at High settings. I'll test it out tonight but I've been in some very dense a gorgeous places without noticing bad performance. I now await execution at the hand of the NDA police.

I've just built a i7 10700k 4.8ghz 16gb ram 1070ti overclocked to 1080 performance close enough.

i hope i can run it with a piece of mind in the next coming days.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

34 minutes ago, vin747 said:

So then why are you being so judgemental of this vid’s reduced FPS on high settings at 4K?

Edited by RobotRock
  • Like 1

VIn747, welcome to the flight simulator hobby! Of course there will be bugs with MSFS as there sill are with P3D and XPL11.

Edited by Pugilist2
  • Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

Do not watch this video if you are gonna buy MSFS next week.😞

Uhmm, right...yeah...got it. We still on schedule for Aug 18? Then we are good to go.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Hi Krakin, I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get in the alpha so I’ll be jumping in on the 18th with my GTX 1070. Just wanted to ask you, are you running everything high or a mix of medium/high or high/ultra? What’s your general FPS like and what resolution?

I run high with some ultra settings thrown in. Digital Foundry did an excellent video outlining settings and performance. Should give you a good idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

So I think you should relax for now and wait for the release build. All is good.

I can't hear this anymore. Why is everybody closing their eyes for the issues the Sim has right now? It's like a brainwash. Someone points out that FPS are still as low as back in the days of FSX and the answer is "Relax, All is good!"

Autopilot seems to have horrific issues. "All is good!"

I don't believe all is good. Accept the Problems but don't deny them. Be honest and all will be good at some point in the future.

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11