Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

I'm done...

16 hours ago, High_Alpha said:

I just want to know how they will deal with griefing, imagine flying an intercontinental flight with no time compression in multiplayer only for someone to intentionally fly into you on short final while inverted in an airliner 😬.  People can fly however they like, but I hope there will be options for different levels of game play style in multiplayer to keep everyone happy.

If it's anything like the world of online racing, then my response is three letters......

SFA

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Stay Far Away?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 8/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, Dillon said:

I can't take it anymore.  Looking at these YouTube videos of people flying around previewing FS2020 just hurts looking at it. 

I suggest you delete the internet from your computer, because it's about to get a whole lot worse.🤪

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

If it's anything like the world of online racing, then my response is three letters......

SFA

Small furry animals?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"A pair of those snot nosed jocks just did a flyby of the Space Needle at over 400knts!"

RE Thomason Jr.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:53 AM, 109Sqn said:

Before I read your first line, I was going to post exactly the same thing. I cite my favourite current band, Muse, as a prime example. So many 'diehards' from the very beginning who hate the new stuff (still buying it and going to the gigs of course), and hate that they have "gone commercial", as if any successful band could afford to keep churning out albums and going on world tours if they still had only the 20 fans in a sawdust floor pub cellar that they started off with.🙄

The diehard simmers will make the MSFS an initial success and will certainly be the ones who keep the third party devs going, but the long-term success will rely on total sales of the sim, and for a 10 year plus future, that requires the gamerz, the casuals, the 'i'll do some things properly and others just how I feel' brigade (guilty as charged M'Lud!),... oh, and the diehards to invest their hard-earned.

We're in this together and, like pilots in wartime, we don't have to like each other, but we can respect each other.

Yes it’s exactly like being pilots in wartime. 

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Small furry animals?

Super Furry Animals of course!!

• Like 1

There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

Fine. Turn multiplayer off, fly either in group you select or wait for VATSIM implementation.

I can't take it anymore.  Looking at these YouTube videos of people flying around previewing FS2020 just hurts looking at it.  Had one guy flying around Miami with flaps deployed through the whole city (previewing scenery is one thing not understanding the aircraft is another), another person keeps previewing airliners with no ATC wondering why he can't get his approach right (actually it's rare to find anyone previewing airliners using ATC),  and others that flat out don't know how an aircraft operates having issues with correct stall/spin procedures.  Many also don't know how to use the autopilot and no understanding of basic autobrake operation.  

My point is this, there is no way I would want to be flying in the world of FS with these folks.  No way I would want them directing ATC procedures.  This utopianistic view of flying in a world with others would be frustrating.  In FS you don't have to know real world procedures nor do you have to care.  There's a reason why things are done a certain way in the real world that doesn't have to be taken into account virtually.  I for one hope further development is done on default ATC and we get a program developed like 'Ultimate Traffic'.  There is no way I would want to share the virtual skies with these folks.  

The problem is that the simulator became a game. It is licensed in a game. Aviation aficionados are replaced by gamers. Correct me if I am wrong but the actual flying experience can be switched from realistic to "non-realistic" meaning plane will behave differently just to suit the incapabilities of flying skills of the gamers? Why focus development on non-realistic aircraft behaviour at all? Moreover I see a lot of bad review on steam, I am going to stick with FSX for now and enjoy my PMDG 777 and aerosoft A319. Great scenery is not everything.

Does someone actually expect public multiplayer to have any sort of resemblance of realism? :'D

No, proper procedures of IRL flight are too much to reasonably expect casual players to study. I know I'll stick to single player or VATSIM but honestly, the more flight simmers, the merrier, so like everyone here has said, let everyone have fun their way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lellulillu said:

Does someone actually expect public multiplayer to have any sort of resemblance of realism? :'D

No, proper procedures of IRL flight are too much to reasonably expect casual players to study. I know I'll stick to single player or VATSIM but honestly, the more flight simmers, the merrier, so like everyone here has said, let everyone have fun their way.

I have to agree.

22 minutes ago, IgorBR said:

The problem is that the simulator became a game. It is licensed in a game. Aviation aficionados are replaced by gamers. Correct me if I am wrong but the actual flying experience can be switched from realistic to "non-realistic" meaning plane will behave differently just to suit the incapabilities of flying skills of the gamers? Why focus development on non-realistic aircraft behaviour at all? Moreover I see a lot of bad review on steam, I am going to stick with FSX for now and enjoy my PMDG 777 and aerosoft A319. Great scenery is not everything.

You can do that to in FSX. Its a feature to aid newbies into the sim and has been present in Microsoft Flight Simulator for a long time.

Just now, Lotharen said:

You can do that to in FSX. Its a feature to aid newbies into the sim and has been present in Microsoft Flight Simulator for a long time.

Ok, my mistake.

27 minutes ago, IgorBR said:

The problem is that the simulator became a game. It is licensed in a game. Aviation aficionados are replaced by gamers. Correct me if I am wrong but the actual flying experience can be switched from realistic to "non-realistic" meaning plane will behave differently just to suit the incapabilities of flying skills of the gamers?

The various iterations of MS flightsims have ALWAYS been a game and marketed to the gaming crowd, with plenty of tuning available to make it more "gamey" if one so desires.

I mean, the horror, someone wants to play it as the game it was actually designed to be.

Edited by Ricardo41

Ha ha I'm not a snob about this at all but I did think, with some of the people who were given early access, that having someone with no simming experience demonstrate the (ducks!) game didn't really show it in its best light.

Having more knowledgeable simmmers do the pre-launch demos rather than more generic gamers would have made the program itself appear more impressive- much in the way that when I see people using VATSIM or study level aircraft in XP11 it spurs me on to learn more as it shows the potential of the application.