Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

Thanks for the kind comments @danwood, glad you are enjoying it.

To everyone else facing a hold up, I can only apologise. It seems shipping anything around the world is being delayed these days.

As ever, if you have any problems with it then get in touch through enquiries@fulcrumsim.com.

Chris

On 4/2/2021 at 10:26 PM, jclay13 said:

What an exciting day!  I feel like a kid on Christmas day...

Mine arrived today as scheduled from UPS.  I'm sitting here staring at an un-opened box reminiscing about what it took to get here from placing the pre-order last September to anxiously awaiting for that email that I finally made it to the front of the line.  Waiting for it to ship and then constantly checking out the window today when I thought I heard a noise that was the UPS truck to only be disappointed that it was not.  I think I did that for four hours on and off until that beautiful brown truck was parked out in front of my house and the UPS driver met me at my front door sensing my anticipation and elation as she dropped it off.  Unfortunately I had to work tonight so the unboxing will have to wait unitl Saturday which happens to be my birthday.  Happy Birthday to me!!!

After using the Fulcrum One for a few days all I can say is WOW!  The engineering that went into this is superb.  I've used all kinds of yokes including high end ones from Precision Flight Controls and this is far superior.  The long throw, 90 degrees bank, no detent, and so smooth it's just like the real thing.  Thank you Chris for such a a great product that was well worth the wait.  I'm excited to see what future products you will have on the horizon because you are off to a great start!  Jonathan C.

5 minutes ago, jclay13 said:

After using the Fulcrum One for a few days all I can say is WOW!  The engineering that went into this is superb.  I've used all kinds of yokes including high end ones from Precision Flight Controls and this is far superior.  The long throw, 90 degrees bank, no detent, and so smooth it's just like the real thing.  Thank you Chris for such a a great product that was well worth the wait.  I'm excited to see what future products you will have on the horizon because you are off to a great start!  Jonathan C.

Wow, what a write up! Thanks for the kind words Jon! Glad you are enjoying it, it makes it worthwhile when people appreciate the design features we put into it.

Chris

With regard to shipping time to Australia the delivery service is quite quick, especially considering delivery to my address in country NSW can take 3 or 4 days even from a supplier shipping within Australia.

Notice from Fulcrum of ready to ship:  27/3/2021
Delivered to address (Country NSW):  9/4/2021

Overall time from receiving email from Fulcrum to receiving the yoke was 13 days, so just under 2 weeks.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 4/7/2021 at 1:26 PM, jclay13 said:

I echo 100% everything said here. This yoke is absolutely the best piece of flight simulation hardware I have ever used. It feels perfect.

EDIT:

After 9 days of:

"Held in Warehouse

UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility, pending instructions and agreement."

The status finally changed 10 min ago, I hope to get this week 🙏

Edited by hmuller
Order status changed

Hamilton Müller

Thank you Chris. Standing outside my house, shading my eyes and peering up the road. 😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The way UPS have been lately it might be quicker to drive oop North and find me in t'mill. As a northerner I take a perverse pleasure in saying I'm off down t'mill or I'm working in t'mill (workshop is in an old Lancashire cotton mill).

Don't worry, yours is on track.

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

workshop is in an old Lancashire cotton mill

Are you a Black Belt & Braces in Ecky Thump?

https://i.imgur.com/px7PAR5.mp4

the-goodies-bill-oddie-grae-e10f775b.jpg

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Gents, please add me to the list of the next higher tier of the honorary members of the Fulcrum waiting row I finally was allowed to order my yoke Tuesday last week, and now am counting the days... it should have been dispatched yesterday at latest but as I haven't received any UPS notification whatsoever (ahum) I assume it is still being prepared. Obviously many of us have waited for quite a while, so what is another week, right (silently sobbing into his pillow)

My aero aspirations have been suffering from Covid-19 on various levels, actually I am in a PPL(A) training course but since I started it in September 2019, I only had flown (a Cessna 172) one single day until last Saturday (!), when finally the training was allowed to be resumed. At the time, it seemed that due to late Autumn & Winter nearing, we should wait till Spring 2020 to start the practical part - well, that escalated quickly, as you all can imagine. I have had a fair share of theory though, and of course MSFS 2020 arrived, which - paired with my general passion for VR - is a great combination. I lent a bit of old gear from an acquaintance, a Saitek set (yoke, rudders, throttle/mix & 3 radio/nav modules (which are not that useful in VR), and a Honeycomb bravo quadrant has already arrived just waiting to be connected (didn't work well with the Saitek yoke, and knowing the Fulcrum is just a few weeks away I decided to park the bravo quadrant). And, oh yes, I also Kickstarter-backed two motion rigs: a FeelThree years ago, whose future unfortunately seems to be highly uncertain (delivery overdue by 2,5 years now), which now led me to back another motion rig, the Yaw 2 from YawVR (not as promising as the FeelThree due to its much more limited roll motion range, but much likelier to be delivered).  

So for now I am looking forward to try my new Fulcrum yoke almost in parallel with gaining experience on a real Cessna 172, which hopefully will give me some opportunity to appreciate it even more and allow me to utilize my flight sim setup to train/automate some procedures. And have all sorts of fun !

👍 I can now come back indoors. I got soaked to the skin peering up t'road.

Are UPS only working from home these days? I'm still getting 'Label Created' and 'Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date'.

Another day, another 'Check back tomorrow'. 😠

EDIT: I've just checked with UPS. This is their response:

The sender created a label for your shipment. When we receive the package, we’ll show the shipment progress and scheduled delivery date.

If it’s been a few days since the label was created, check with the sender to determine when the package will be provided to UPS.

If you’re the sender, schedule a pickup or find a drop off location to avoid a pickup fee.

I hope nothing untoward has happened to Chris.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Hi Ron

I can assure you that it is with UPS but let me look into it, unfortunately customer services are not open until monday but I will call and find out. I better check all the tracking numbers from this week. Don't worry though it is fully insured!

We have had issues with UPS tracking and scanning of parcels not showing up or future delivery predictions followed by surprise delivery.

I will have an answer on Monday for you but I was hoping you may have it by then!

Chris