Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

5 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

The worst part is that the rubbing causes the yoke to not center properly, making small movements difficult in the middle.

Oh, this is certainly abnormal. Anyway, I didn't have any doubts that the situation would be promptly resolved by Chris.

Yes. I have dealt with warranty issues from both logitech and CH before. So far, Chris has been much better than them 

I hear the rubbing sound described above only in the pitch axis but it's not excessive and everything operates normally. Is this normal? 

5 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I hear the rubbing sound described above only in the pitch axis but it's not excessive and everything operates normally. Is this normal? 

Hi Les

It is normal to have some noise in the pitch axis. It is due to the metal bearings and rails and the bushing at the front of the case, the roll uses different bearings and is quieter. The couple of issues above are actually some binding in the shaft it seems which is stopping them from rebounding. Just noise is nothing to worry about.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister

3 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Hi Les

It is normal to have some noise in the pitch axis. It is due to the metal bearings and rails and the bushing at the front of the case, the roll uses different bearings and is quieter. The couple of issues above are actually some binding in the shaft it seems which is stopping them from rebounding. Just noise is nothing to worry about.

Chris

Chris, 

Thanks very much, that's what I expected. The product is wonderful and adds a strong immersion factor to flight sim. I can't wait for the throttle quadrant. 

Edited by tutmeister

4 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Chris, 

Thanks very much, that's what I expected. The product is wonderful and adds a strong immersion factor to flight sim. I can't wait for the throttle quadrant. 

Hi Les, thanks for the kind words, I’m so glad you are enjoying the yoke!

Chris

On 7/13/2021 at 3:33 AM, tutmeister said:

Hi Les

Chris

Would smearing some silicon grease on the yoke shaft be a good plan or would that actually cause issues ?

Curious whats the amount of time to get a new Fulcrum yoke ? also cost to send to Boston area in USA ? thanks 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

It seems that we are stuck in some kind of time warp. I have been saying 4-6 weeks for the last 2 months! Unfortunately we still have a long list of customers to serve and we still have material storages so production is not where we need it to be.

Cost to the US is about £60 fully insured and takes about 3 days. The high cost is due to the size and weight plus insurance.

Chris

finally got my replacement yoke after a few weeks of waiting. However I have noticed that there is alot of rub marks on the center of the shaft. Yoke is much better than the last one, but does anyone have the same rub marks on the shaft? It does seem to have more than usual resistance in the center.

Hi, the rub marks are likely to be the Teflon spray drying and then making lines when you use the yoke. If you polish the shaft they should come off but you are removing the lubricant if you do that. Any Teflon or prefer spray can be used on it if needed to re lube it but I’d be surprised if it is needed. The yoke should oscillate back and forth a few times from full extension and will be a bit dead around the middle, it won’t have a strong cantering force.

Got your email too so happy to talk through here or there.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that to see if it makes the yoke smoother. If that doesnt work, I may try and install a linear ball bushing which seems similar to what the redbird uses. Is there a reason that you havent done that on the yoke? It also looks like you changed the front bushing design on the new batch 

11 hours ago, aviatoralb said:

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that to see if it makes the yoke smoother. If that doesnt work, I may try and install a linear ball bushing which seems similar to what the redbird uses. Is there a reason that you havent done that on the yoke? It also looks like you changed the front bushing design on the new batch 

Hi

I have responded to your email too so just wanted to say that we will resolve this and get it swapped out. I'd much rather you get a new one that start to mess around swapping parts.

Regarding the front bushing, the yokes use a teflon linear bushing to help support the shaft so that not all the loading is on the carriage and linear bearing rails. This is needed because of the much greater range of travel than the redbird or for example the yoko which just has a (much larger) hole in the front.

I'm not familiar first hand with the redbird as they are not readily available outside of the US but from experiments during our development, ball bushings that provide linear AND rotational movement are very rare with only a few very expensive examples out there. The most effective way of doing this is with a teflon bushing which gives significantly less friction that a real GA aircraft. Doing ground checks on a warrior always reminds me how clunky these things really are compared to desktop simming.

Our yoke is supposed to be refined and smooth to give a great desktop experience(smoother that a real aircraft) and while the linear rails are noise (similar to some other metal cased yokes) it should be smooth and without notches. Your issue with the shaft does seem to be actual scratches as opposed to just marks and so I can see why this would cause a notchy movement. This should not be the case so we will get it  swapped as soon as we can.

Regarding the front bushing, yes we changed a run of these to use a solid block rather than the teflon and steel original but these haver been problematic and we have reverted to the original which is much smoother on the chrome shaft. We have changed them out and your first one was one of these. The second had a teflon bushing I believe but obviously with those production caused scratches that are causing it to jump as you move it small amounts. We will examine it when it comes back to confirm but I believe we identified the cause and I suspect that it will match what we have found at this end. With these production issues out of the way now, hopefully you will enjoy the larger movement and smaller base size(and price) that we offer over anything else out there.

Chris

• Upvote 1

I have neglected my pre-booking email, but I hope I remain on the list, I have in mind that I pre-ordered early in May, so I wonder what the situation looks like today?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

11 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I have neglected my pre-booking email, but I hope I remain on the list, I have in mind that I pre-ordered early in May, so I wonder what the situation looks like today?

Looking like end of next week you should have an email. Hope this helps.

Chris