Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Any objective review out there?

20 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

Just flew my first test flights and it’s not going to replaced P3D or XPlane yet.  Performance in a 9900k with a 2080ti and it’s not pleasant in anything bigger than a Cessna.  Tried 1440p high end and I’m just not yet sold on it.  

Need to spend more time with it but so far meh.

thats not very comforting to read...especially since ive seen people with midlevel systems getting 30 FPS in big cities using planes like the citation and TBM. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

Just flew my first test flights and it’s not going to replaced P3D or XPlane yet.  Performance in a 9900k with a 2080ti and it’s not pleasant in anything bigger than a Cessna.  Tried 1440p high end and I’m just not yet sold on it.  

Need to spend more time with it but so far meh.

That doesn’t make any sense to me. Where are you flying, and what do you mean by ‘pleasant’? You must be getting >60fps across the board at high end 1440p with that equipment. 

• Like 2

It stutters. It’s not bad, but I wouldn’t like to try a large jet in it. Seems my stuttering is caused by the sound, and that’s using an external sound card. Will try disable live traffic. 
Speaking of which, I’ve just watched a jet land two thirds of the way down the runway. Realised it couldn’t make it. And simply disappear. 

9900KS water cooled 5ghz 

2080ti @3840x1600 

32gb ram 

It definitely stutters and struggles in certain areas. The menus are a bit weird but this is hardly something to complain about, as with time they will become second nature. Overall, it looks amazing... but I'm not convinced I'm going to be ditching P3D anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’ve just watched a jet land two thirds of the way down the runway. Realised it couldn’t make it. And simply disappear. 

Probably gonna get that kind of thing. Wouldn't be too disappointed with it, the AI sucked in FSX and P3D until you got a TPD having a go at it as well.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, atlflyer said:

thats not very comforting to read

true, but nonetheless, tomorrow will yield (just as with all new flightsim releases) a plethora of posts complaining about bad performance and poor flight dynamics. It's just a given really. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Think 1080p with moderate settings and no traffic for now. Things will improve, but it will take some time. If you want high settings then you need to fly in areas that are very forgiving (scenery-wise).

Bad weather, rain, traffic, nite flying...all will reduce your performance and smoothness. Also, for those who are nvidia users...I would be careful about using that built-in game optimizing feature in your drivers as it can actually give you worse results in many cases.

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It stutters. It’s not bad, but I wouldn’t like to try a large jet in it. Seems my stuttering is caused by the sound, and that’s using an external sound card. Will try disable live traffic. 
Speaking of which, I’ve just watched a jet land two thirds of the way down the runway. Realised it couldn’t make it. And simply disappear. 

9900KS water cooled 5ghz 

2080ti @3840x1600 

32gb ram 

I've had a morbid thought about what happens in the sim if a live AI aircraft has an accident.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, Slides said:

I've had a morbid thought about what happens in the sim if a live AI aircraft has an accident.

Presumably it just disappears, having lost the ADS-B. However, it is theoretically possible you might witness a plunge, which would be awful. If it were up to me, I'd limit AI to a maximum rate of descent capable of being displayed, for that reason.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Slides said:

emergency AI ground crews must scramble!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chock said:

There will be on my channel tomorrow when I get my hands on it in about an hour.

Im counting on you @Chock ill need something to watch on my lunch break since Ill be at work.

• Like 1

Was thinking the same thing today.  Its inevitable that's its going to happen and simmers will see it.  I currently get live emergency alerts from Flightaware on my phone.  Easy enough to jump on the sim and fly next to the real aircraft to see what happens. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I love reading these performance threads regarding stutters, and whatnot. This sim is pushing soooooo much more than anything before it...

I ran the Alpha on an I5 w/16 gig and a 2070 on ultra, and it performed just fine. About as good has XP with 3/4's the detail...

• Upvote 2

An extremely important factor which decides stutters/fps is screen resolution, and this factor is most commonly missed out when people give reviews.

Ever wondered how two people with the exact same PC’s have different framerates? It’s because one is running on 1080p and the other is running on 4K.

I’ve also read that scaling down the resolution from 100% to about 80-90% also considerably increases performance with negligible visual impact. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2