Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

14 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Isn’t it 2300z? I.e midnight local?

Yup; I read the wrong thing 🤕

Simon

@HiFlyer Looking at the numbers of the cockpit image you showed we see GPU 44% and CPU 48% and the resulting FPS was 37. What I wonder is why does MFS not 'decide' to crank up the GPU and CPU load a bit ... say to 80% and give you say 50 FPS? It almost looks like something is holding back?

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

I'm on 4k ultra with 30 frames at airport and sitting around 45 to 50 airborne and it looks and flying superbly i7 8700k 1080ti 64 gb but I am flying in Australia which is nothing like the performance I'd get at big airports in America, when I installed the Sim suggested 4k ultra

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

36 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

ah. Where was it unacceptable?

Marco,

I'm very sorry for confusing you.

1st flight was from my home airport KBKV to KTPA. It was a slide show with ultra settings. Near the city of Tampa I got away with medium settings but I did have a long pause while scenery loaded. That was very disconcerting.

2nd flight from TNCM to St Barts was much better because I was able to run the sim on Ultra with very limited AI, live weather, and it was fairly smooth.

Overall my biggest issue is performance in cities with a basic airplane like the Bonanza and I can't get my throttle to work. I rely on my GoFlight modules for realistic flight, that's not currently possible.

Anyone with an older CPU will need to upgrade if they want to fly in cities. I'll try a few more flights in tropical destinations and decide then if it's a keeper.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

@HiFlyer Looking at the numbers of the cockpit image you showed we see GPU 44% and CPU 48% and the resulting FPS was 37. What I wonder is why does MFS not 'decide' to crank up the GPU and CPU load a bit ... say to 80% and give you say 50 FPS? It almost looks like something is holding back?

The gpu up to now was almost always pegged at 99 or 100%, but the new Nvidia drivers seem to have changed something.....

Or...... there is a chance that this is simply something in the release version, as I notice the CPU is being used more heavily.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks a lot Jose. Just finished downloading. Will see what I get. Happy flying!

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Just now, Superdelphinus said:

What’s the initial loading time like (from desktop) from an nvme ssd? Just wondering if it’s changed at all from the alpha. 

I don't have an nvme, just an ssd, and its always taken a minute or so. (fast connection)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Kinda sucks it’s not dx12

but I have 100mbps here in Canada 

I have a i99900k and 1080ti lightning z 

32gb ram

Multiple  m2 Ssd

will that cut it?

thanks 

mike

2 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Literally 1 minute?!

Ok, just used my tablet stopwatch. From clicking the game icon to the "press button to start" prompt is 1:08

Actually getting to the screen to choose a location and plane takes another minute

• Like 1

Devons rig

10 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Sorry I mean from desktop, to the ‘tile’ screen (hope that makes sense). 

Yes, to the tiles where you choose plane/location etc. Round it up to 2 minutes total

Edit: Add about another minute until you are actually flying.

2nd Edit: I really am feeling like I should be making a video............. ✈️

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

Not going to be able to install mine until tonight (in the mountains near Fuji atm!), but pulling down the rendering scale (max 100) and cranking up image sharpening in NVCP might help fps.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea