Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

3 minutes ago, molleh said:

How could you possibly construe what I typed as "I am DarkSoulitude"? I literally wrote that DarkSoulitude is a user I encounted on Reddit.

Lets step backwards. (slowly and carefully)

I mentioned dark solitude and troll accounts.

You then came on and said:

14 minutes ago, molleh said:

Thanks for accusing me of making a separate toll account though.

How would that apply if you were not apparently claiming to be DarkSoulitude?

You know what? My contact with you has been massively unproductive, a waste of time,  and life is short. Blocked.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow, accuses me of making a dupe troll account then blocks me. Anyhoo.

Be curious to know what others performance results are with settings and specs.... 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

44 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Is it worth it?

It's worth it.  There will be people here who appreciate your efforts.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 minutes ago, LHookins said:

It's worth it.  There will be people here who appreciate your efforts.

Hook

Here. I might as well share it, though the fun is gone. Have at it people. I thought some might be interested in seeing how the cores and etc responded as the plane went through its paces. 

Edit: Youtube still seems to be processing the higher resolutions

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

RTX2070/32G RAM/i7-8700 - running ultra settings and seems pretty smooth. FPS was horrible with v-Sync on - after disabling all good.

Edited by Mark_A

Looks good, Devon. Thanks for posting.

BTW, to raise and lower the viewpoint in the cockpit, you can use the space bar rather than going through the menu.

One thing I noticed was that at one time you were using 18 gig of RAM.  I only have 16. 😄 I think the sim is doing some compensating there on my system.  Looks like a good reason to upgrade.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Here. I might as well share it, though the fun is gone. Have at it people. I thought some might be interested in seeing how the cores and etc responded as the plane went through its paces. 

Edit: Youtube still seems to be processing the higher resolutions

Thanks! Don’t forget, there are more of us who hang out in these forums and don’t say anything than most people realize. We appreciate it. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Not so good with a 1070 GTX, it was better on the alpha/beta - 18 to 25 fps..... now, with High End settings.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

I’m getting 40-45 on a 3440x1440 (ultrawide) monitor over Minneapolis with no tweaking so far. 3700x, 32 GB 3600 DSR4, RTX 2080, SSD. I’ll play with some of the video presets tomorrow and see what I can do. 

14 minutes ago, LHookins said:

One thing I noticed was that at one time you were using 18 gig of RAM.  I only have 16. 😄 I think the sim is doing some compensating there on my system.  Looks like a good reason to upgrade.

18gb in use is about average. I also wanted to address the whole "stuttering" thing. 

I might be biased, but I think overall my trip was very smooth.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

I run a Ryzen 3700X with an RTX2700S at 2K resolution on a 1440p freesync monitor with 32 GB system  ram. 

New York, GA aircraft live AI traffic on ultra gives me 40 FPS on average, occasionally dipping to 30. With high settings it averages around 50. 

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I realized that I am severely CPU bottlenecked in my system. I have a 7 year old i7-4930K @ 4.5GHz and 32GB DDR3 RAM and it's simply not keeping up with my 2080 Super GPU. CPU usage is 80 to 95% and GPU usage is only 35%. Yikes. No wonder I was getting stutters and low fps in urban areas. Time for an upgrade. 

• Like 4

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

6 hours ago, suchw said:

Here we go again runs well on some systems and poor on others,frustrating for some

Too much variance with hardware systems, and with what software people run in the background. Its not always the sim thats the culprit.   I have found seemingly innocent small programs in my system tray that appear to be idle, but yet a small polling will cause stutters in the sim. Due your diligence if there is anything like that. One of my hardware monitoring programs had been causing stutters in the beta. Also could be your refresh rate. Getting that right and in sync takes some tinkering. 

Sim so far is rather smooth for me.  Yes a few micro stutters, certainly not deal breakers. They will be ironed out. Not sure if its a much better optimized build, and or the new Nvidia drivers for MSFS, but seems better to me than the last beta build. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png