Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

2 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

That gives me some hope, seeing as I have the same CPU, twice the RAM, a GPU rated only slightly behind yours, SSDs for both OS & sim, and my current monitor is only 1080p.👍

Same here.  I have the same CPU, same RAM, same GPU and same resolution monitor.  If I get the same FPS, I'll be chuffed.

• Like 1

Seems to be a massive discrepancy between people with almost identical systems in similar aircraft in urban areas on Ultra getting a 30fps difference.. 🤔

• Like 2

My specs are in post above. Using glass cockpit at Donegal airport, with real weather. 30 FPS. 

1 hour ago, tangerine said:

Do you guys know something about SDK or tools to start making airports?

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Everyone's understandably interested in FPS but what about RAM? What are the initial impressions regarding how much will be needed? I'm feeling optimistic with 32GB but the price of mine has just dropped so doubling it would be feasible, even if it would delay my purchase of the Honeycomb Alpha yoke which is much higher up my wishlist.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Everyone's understandably interested in FPS but what about RAM? What are the initial impressions regarding how much will be needed? I'm feeling optimistic with 32GB but the price of mine has just dropped so doubling it would be feasible, even if it would delay my purchase of the Honeycomb Alpha yoke which is much higher up my wishlist.

32GB Is fine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

That's horrendous. Doesn't fly with prerelease reports at all. 

imagine the fps with payware in 2021 and beyond😱

Not acceptable for me at medium settings. i7 2600K, 32gigs of RAM, Titan Pascal, and 1TB SSD. I could not run at high settings or add traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

With the new nvidia deivers i feel like I gained 20 fps, no kidding.

I'll try the new drivers. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Are you surprised that a i7-2600 even though "K" is not strong?

LOL

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Not acceptable for me at medium settings. i7 2600K, 32gigs of RAM, Titan Pascal, and 1TB SSD. I could not run at high settings or add traffic.

Your CPU barely meets the minimum requirements to run the sim. What are you surprised about? 

21 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

imagine the fps with payware in 2021 and beyond😱

2021 and beyond means another year + of CPU/GPU development. 

You absolutely want to struggle to run the sim at the highest settings on current hardware. That’s perfect. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 2reds2whites said:

Your CPU barely meets the minimum requirements to run the sim. What are you surprised about? 

2021 and beyond means another year + of CPU/GPU development. 

You absolutely want to struggle to run the sim at the highest settings on current hardware. That’s perfect. 

Yup, some are almost running everything on Ultra on the day of release with acceptable enough FPS, they won't be needing to wait over 10 years for hardware to run it in its full glory.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

First i don't have MSFS 2020 yet. Just wondering  nobody talks about internet speed. Here the maximum speed i have is 25mbs. Anybody has the same average speed and if yes is it sufficient. Thanks

Real Deraps

Sorry if this is a dumb question is it dx12?

looking forward to it but I think I’ll wait for a while till the 777 is available.

mike