Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

You are the first one I have heard that is getting an additional 20 FPS.

"Feel like" and "reality' aren't always synonymous! 

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

What? Did you do an exact test with the same plane in the same area, and same settings, before and after you installed the new NVidia drivers?  Some people said with the same area and flying the same plane with the same settings before the new NVidia drivers were installed and after they were installed yielded no significant increase in FPS performance.

You are the first one I have heard that is getting an additional 20 FPS.

I saw no noticeable difference with the new driver.Right now I can't imagine how they'll get vr running well with this sim, particularly with airliners as there's a noticeable drop in fps when sitting in their cockpits.

3440 x 1440

Edited by soppie
  • Upvote 1

People need to make sure they include their resolution when they respond to this

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A320 departing KLGA heading over NYC (resolution 2k) 50 to 60fps at high-end settings.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

People need to make sure they include their resolution when they respond to this

Yup, I asked for resolution in the first post.  Also, to be honest, the type of plane may affect the FPS.  My understanding is, airliners like the 787 really reduce the FPS compared to GA aircraft.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9900KS  watercooled 5GhZ 

32gb ram

2080ti

3840x1600 ultrawide 

Sim is around 30-45 FPS over my home town on Newcastle upon tyne, using real weather and C152. Settings defaulted to ultra, I left them there. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Just did my first quick flight around hometown in rural Danbury, Connecticut.  Sim picked Ultra settings for me.  Gave it a shot.

With broken clouds and 3440x1440 all settings pegged to the right, I got 60ish fps the entire flight.

i9-9820X. (OC to 4.4), Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, 128G (2666 ram), 2TB SDD.

Have to work for a bit, trying NYC next

I am also out of KDXR!!  I got my ticket there in 1991.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

A320 departing KLGA heading over NYC (resolution 2k) 50 to 60fps at high-end settings.

It's your prerogative of course but a screenshot on the runway or low-alt, in cockpit, with FPS on-screen would be really appreciated

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Which tool do you use to measure FPS and pc performance? I thought I saw something in a previous thread a while back about a dev tool to do it?

You can press WIN+G for the Game bar then you can see stats, record etc..

• Like 3

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Which tool do you use to measure FPS and pc performance? I thought I saw something in a previous thread a while back about a dev tool to do it?

You could turn on developer mode and then use the FPS tool, or like me you could use rivatuner and MSI afterburner

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I'm not sure about the dev tool, but the best all-purpose tool is MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner Statistics Server.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, molleh said:

It's your prerogative of course but a screenshot on the runway or low-alt, in cockpit, with FPS on-screen would be really appreciated

Eh,

HjtYdJ.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

6 minutes ago, carmined said:

I am also out of KDXR!!  I got my ticket there in 1991.

Sweet!  Grew up in Brookfield, but havent lived there since 1990.  House is in sim - confirmed!

Did a bunch with X-Plane with Orth04xp and World2Xplane to build up the area - downloaded SDK and will be doing what I can in the coming months.  MSFS is simply gorgeous tho.  Not going back to X-Plane for a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Eh,

HjtYdJ.jpg

Not bad at all. Cockpit view though?

• Like 2