Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

35 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

One thing I can add: you do NOT need to install the CH Control Manager Software. I have a clean installation of Windows 10 and I set up the CH Yoke, Peddals and Quadrant without ever having installed that. I suggest you uninstall it if you have it, unless you have a very specific reason for needing it.

I initially tried by installing the CH Control Manager and got the dreaded "blue screen of death", which meant a safe boot and uninstall it before I could get a clean boot. My Windows 10 has all the latest updates as well.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Anyone with a CH Throttle quad figure out the axis for flaps?

Also for hat views can you setup look around for both external and internal?

Not sure what you're trying to do with flaps. There isn't an axis, but there are  separate inputs for raising and lowering them

For the hat views, yes you can do that.

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Anyone with a CH Throttle quad figure out the axis for flaps?

Also for hat views can you setup look around for both external and internal?

Hi Mark saw this in another forum thanks to original poster - cant test it yet - good luck

Load into MFSF 2020. Load up a flight with the aircraft of your choice and enter the sim. Once on the runway hit the ESC key.

Select Controls>Select the controller that has the Hat switch you want to use.

On the left of the screen change the filter to all.

Select Camera>Cockpit Camera Scroll Down till you find "Cockpit Look Down" Click on the left box

Click on "Search by input". Move the Hat switch you In the direction you want the camera to move. Click Validate

Note: If you have trouble you might find the input you need under the "Select an Input" drop down menu.

You will be prompted to create a "custom profile for this as you cannot edit a default one. Just follow the prompts

Depending on your controller repeat the process for the other directions of your hat switch.(Mine has 😎

Be sure to hit the F11 Apply and Save button at the bottom of the screen when you finish!!!!

Hit ESC twice to go back into the cockpit and check your work.

FYI I also did the same set up for the external camera. So now I can pan and look around both in and out of the cockpit. Hope this helps!

Rich Sennett

9 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks Rich. 

@Donstim In P3D I have the last lever on the throttle quad move the flaps. 

Oh, okay.  Well, there is a flaps axis input. Not sure how you will get a confirmation that you have the flap that you want as you move the lever, but you can do it.  Look under the "Secondary Control Surfaces" sub-category of the "Flight Control Surfaces" category, or search for "Flaps axis." There are two choices -- _100 to 100% and 0 to 100%.

11 minutes ago, Donstim said:

Oh, okay.  Well, there is a flaps axis input. Not sure how you will get a confirmation that you have the flap that you want as you move the lever, but you can do it.  Look under the "Secondary Control Surfaces" sub-category of the "Flight Control Surfaces" category, or search for "Flaps axis." There are two choices -- _100 to 100% and 0 to 100%.

Thanks,  I will try that.  Yes I don't get confirmation, I need to look at the lever in the sim to confirm.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry, one more question on input devices.  I have a CH Yoke for aircraft with yokes and a Thrustmaster 16000 for Airbus.  Is there a way to assign a device for each aircraft or do you just assign both and use one at at time with hopefully the other one not interfering?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

21 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks Rich. 

@Donstim In P3D I have the last lever on the throttle quad move the flaps. 

I have yet to find an Axis for Flaps in MSFS.

Thanks Mark. I just found it have it assigned. More of the steep learning curve.

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Thanks Mark. I just found it have it assigned. More of the steep learning curve.

Tell me about it.  All of the little things you take for granted in FSX/P3D don't work and you are kind of scrambling trying to figure it out.  Once its setup and you can actually fly and look around as before it will be much better.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

Maybe I'm missing something here, but with all the noted issues with peripherals, it begs the question to Microsoft/Asobo, why did you not use existing control assignments that were already used in FSX and why the extreme limitations of accepted peripherals?

Edited by hightower

I've got an ancient CH throttle....  It doesn't work by default - I had to bind everything.  Are you saying you can't even setup controls?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |