Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

6 minutes ago, buzzbee said:

Shug, have you ever opened your CH devices and soldered the connections?  They get loose and jittery over time.    My toe brakes show up but then don't work in the airplane.  

I don't understand why it would be so difficult to support a simple USB input device with basic functionality.  

No, don't have a soldering iron. Just tried my toe brakes and don't think they're working properly either. I have no problem with the CH Yoke - just didn't want to manually map everything. My CH Yoke is working fine after many years.

1 minute ago, Twenty6 said:

Are you saying ANY CH yoke or a particular model? I have the Eclipse yoke and would hate to think it's now worthless.

By not supported meant that there wasn't a default profile included in MSFS. You would need to assign buttons yourself.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

1 minute ago, Shug said:

By not supported meant that there wasn't a default profile included in MSFS. You would need to assign buttons yourself.

No problem with doing that. Thanks for the quick reply.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I see that there is a FSUIPC version 7 in beta for MSFS.  Maybe that would work for assigning the various axis and buttons.  I've been using FSUIPC ever since FS2004 and have been very happy with it.

• Like 2

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

1 hour ago, Shug said:
1 hour ago, buzzbee said:

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that. However, I still have the CH Pedals, and have problems with them. I can't get the right toe brake configured at all. But I think the left one is working. Am looking at getting some new rudder pedals now too. I'm sure there is some problem with my CH as one of the axes is wavering all over the place....

Have CH flight sim yoke and pro pedals. Neither work and while can see movement on the diagonal lines in setup, unable to map anything. How disappointing hope this gets fixed! 😞

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, Donstim said:

I have the CH Pro Pedals, and the toe brakes work fine for me.  Make sure you use the left and right brake axis settings. Click in the search box of the command, then press the appropriate toe pedal. 

I also have the CH Flight Sim Yoke, and although I had to set it up manually, it works fine after that.

I seriously don't understand how it's possible for toe brakes on the pedals to be working for some but not others. I'm doing exactly what you're saying and it's definitely not working right.

4 hours ago, Lotharen said:

This was to bring more sales to those companies making newer equipment and faze out the old (still good) stuff. Total marketing ploy in my opinion. 

Right. The fact that years ago CH admitted the guy who had written their Windows drivers had retired and no one else knew how to do with it has nothing to do with it. And the fact that most flight devices from the same era work fine with MSFS is also irrelevant. It's just MSFT wanting companies other that MSFT to make money selling equipment that isn't even in stock. How clever of their marketing department!

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I seriously don't understand how it's possible for toe brakes on the pedals to be working for some but not others. I'm doing exactly what you're saying and it's definitely not working right.

1 hour ago, Shug said:

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that. However, I still have the CH Pedals, and have problems with them. I can't get the right toe brake configured at all. But I think the left one is working. Am looking at getting some new rudder pedals now too. I'm sure there is some problem with my CH as one of the axes is wavering all over the place....

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem with my right CH Proflight toe brake. Both brakes are assigned correctly in the axis assignments, however the right one will move but lags substantially behind the left toe brake. The sensitivity curves are set the same. 

Both toe brakes work fine in the P3Dv 5 HF2 ASA 182. I think it is a MSFS bug.

Bob 

• Like 1

All CH Products work in MSFS.  I have an Eclipse, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals.  No problems.  You have to manually set all controls - Asobo didn't hand the assignments to you on a silver platter, sorry.  It takes like 15 minutes and you won't have to do it again.  For all axes, be sure to search for "Axis" and ensure "All Controls" (or something like that) is selected to get the assignments you want.  I'll be frank, CH Products are legacy products (its Control Manager v4.55 does not work with Windows 10) but any USB controller that shows up in Windows will work with the sim.  Time for some elbow grease mates.  💪

• Like 2

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I have ch pedals working

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

No issues mapping my old school CH FlightSim Yoke and ProPedals (bought in the FS2000 era so they are pretty ancient now). The interface is kind of garbage at first but I was able to get toe brakes, POV hat, everything working as intended. The only bug I have is the inability to set a deadzone on the toe brakes as it sets it in the middle of the axis travel (ie half-pressed). For those that are having issues getting the toe brakes working properly make sure the parking brake is off (simple, but that was giving me issues for a while during troubleshooting).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacallen said:

No issues mapping my old school CH FlightSim Yoke and ProPedals (bought in the FS2000 era so they are pretty ancient now). The interface is kind of garbage at first but I was able to get toe brakes, POV hat, everything working as intended. The only bug I have is the inability to set a deadzone on the toe brakes as it sets it in the middle of the axis travel (ie half-pressed). For those that are having issues getting the toe brakes working properly make sure the parking brake is off (simple, but that was giving me issues for a while during troubleshooting).

good job! Jealous 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

54 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yeah, I don't get that either. Fortunately, both the yoke and pedals are working fine for me.

When you go through the setup process and you hit one of the toe brakes to set it as the input for one of the brakes axes, does it enter the toe brake slider identifier in the input box? Did you then apply and save the inputs? 

Does the rudder axes work okay with the rudder pedals?

Maybe set the toe brakes to work the rudder or some other control and see if they will do that (just to see if your toe brakes  hardware is working properly)?

2 hours ago, buzzbee said:

What are your thoughts on the Honeycomb Yoke?  The CH Gear is old, like me. 

I've only had it for a day so have only just made some rudimentary settings for it, but am liking it immensely. I'm old too, but thought it was time for new gear. Will be getting the Bravo throttle thingie as soon as it is released too.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Just now, Chapstick said:

Uninstalling CH manager fixed this issue for my pro pedals

Good to hear!  Yeah, I don't have CH manager installed. Got rid of it a long time ago.