Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

1 hour ago, SeanMo said:

Right. The fact that years ago CH admitted the guy who had written their Windows drivers had retired and no one else knew how to do with it has nothing to do with it. And the fact that most flight devices from the same era work fine with MSFS is also irrelevant. It's just MSFT wanting companies other that MSFT to make money selling equipment that isn't even in stock. How clever of their marketing department!

If they didn't want to help other companies they wouldn't support 3rd party developers. So your argument is flawed. Any programmer could easy recode the drivers, to say one man was the end all be all of drivers is pretty silly.

I remapped and now I have brakes.  I used the right hand column versus left.  

• Like 1

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

6 hours ago, buzzbee said:

DId anyone with the Pro Pedals get the toe brakes to work?  I have them assigned and they show as working in the control configuration but they don't work. 

Use these keybindings for the CH Pedal toe brakes:

• Left Brake - Joystick L - Axis X+
  • Right Brake-Joystick L-AxisY+
  • Axis Rudder Set   Joystick L - AxisZ+
  • Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

51 minutes ago, Donstim said:

Good to hear!  Yeah, I don't have CH manager installed. Got rid of it a long time ago.

Works fine with CH Manager with the devices in Direct Mode for me.  Does not work in mapped mode..  I use Mapped mode extensively for P3D in order to give buttons more than one function. For example, making the fuel selector shifted function be the fuel pump on and off.  The less you have to reach for the mouse, the more immersive the experience is.

I fly DCS quite a bit with Fighter Stick and Pro-Throttle.  You need scripting and mapped mode to make all the bells and whistles work on the Hog.  Works fine in W10.   

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

7 hours ago, n4gix said:

Say what? Probably the most commonly used yoke and pedals have no official support? Yikes!

I, too was quite surprised that two of the most common control devices were completely ignored.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 1

Jeff Callender

My ch pro pedals are working

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

I, too was quite surprised that two of the most common control devices were completely ignored.

Well Jeff, after having some breakfast and coffee, I finally found a work-around for the somewhat flakey UI. So, I've got everything configured now and saved (twice!).

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, suchw said:

My ch pro pedals are working

I have no doubt mine will too, but I have to manually re-map and add them.  Just kind of a blating omission.  My TCA Airbus joystick which was just issued seven weeks ago was immediately recognized.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Well Jeff, after having some breakfast and coffee, I finally found a work-around for the somewhat flakey UI. So, I've got everything configured now and saved (twice!).

What was your work around

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Yes, I am going to tackle remapping all of my devices and do cameras tomorrow.

Jeff Callender

7 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

I have no doubt mine will too, but I have to manually re-map and add them.  Just kind of a blating omission.  My TCA Airbus joystick which was just issued seven weeks ago was immediately recognized.

Ill be buying all of those airbus thrustmaster products - cant wait 

Rich Sennett

7 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

Yes, I am going to tackle remapping all of my devices and do cameras tomorrow.

If I could just get my keyboard to work in the Sim I'd be happy, I have to crash to get back to menu lol, no keys functional in the sim

Wayne such

22 hours ago, n4gix said:

/bill, read my post. i put the assignments in.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Most of my CH control axes are working, although EXTREMELY oversensitive. Srill tryting to get the POV hat working on my Combat Stick.

6 hours ago, Shug said:

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that. However, I still have the CH Pedals, and have problems with them. I can't get the right toe brake configured at all. But I think the left one is working. Am looking at getting some new rudder pedals now too. I'm sure there is some problem with my CH as one of the axes is wavering all over the place....

Be aware that the Alpha has a Heading bug, er bug where it jumps 10 degrees with each touch. The fix for this is simple and I posted about it in the Tips section (waiting for a moderator to add it). Basically just remove strange, unusable binds for buttons 31-34 for magnetos.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.