Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

This release is the epitome of the gaming industry

4 hours ago, maniamcool said:

FS2020 was released in a much more broken state than any of it's predecessors, let's make that clear. 

I guess you don't remember the FSX release....    Let's make that clear.  About 5 % of the features in MFS and much, much poorer performance - even with no addons.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi ! My conclusion to all the writing in this forum is: Well done for VFR flying and bush pilots, new simulator/game with issues so many new games have at first release. Will sure be fixed in the future.🤔

For serious simmers better wait for addons like PMDG, FSLabs or A2A, then buy. I personaly fly big airliners like PMDG and FSLabs. So I will stay at P3D v5. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep Flying Robert

I7 12700KF, MSI RTX 3080ti Suprim X 12GB, G Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000 32 GB RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi, Win 10 pro 2004 Build 21H2. 2x 1 TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1 TB M 2.0 Crucial, Corsair AiO watercooled.

9 minutes ago, elgreco111 said:

I personaly fly big airliners like PMDG and FSLabs. So I will stay at P3D v5. 🤨

And that is exactly the way it should be.  But you'd be surprised at how many previously exclusive airline simmers were flying GA and loving it.  MSFS is what it took to get them out of the airliner cockpits.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

And that is exactly the way it should be.  But you'd be surprised at how many previously exclusive airline simmers were flying GA and loving it.  MSFS is what it took to get them out of the airliner cockpits.

Hook

So true. Been on tubes too long. Loving the GA, i'm hooked Hook.

• Like 4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

5 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Hmm maybe I' ll have a look on it and try/buy when the first hype is over...

• Like 1

Keep Flying Robert

I7 12700KF, MSI RTX 3080ti Suprim X 12GB, G Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000 32 GB RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi, Win 10 pro 2004 Build 21H2. 2x 1 TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1 TB M 2.0 Crucial, Corsair AiO watercooled.

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

My personal opinion that due to COVID-19 economy downtime, recession decision was made to push game out of the gate as is.  So we have this or have nothing

Can you imagine not to have MSFS anymore after flying with it? I can't! 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabster said:

However, they had 4 years of development and I dont really see this atm.

Some of you seem to lack any sense of perspective. You don't see the revolution in technology here? Does it really need to be spelled out? 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

dupe

Edited by Slides

55 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

I'm a DCS fighter jet simmer converted to bush flying thanks to MSFS. It's incredible. 

• Like 2

"broken flight dynamics, broken camera views, buggy displays"

what a complete BS. non of these threes is buggy or broken. do you have more of those points?

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Count me in. I was always flying tubeliners before MSFS. Now the circumstances got me out of that world and I must say I've been having such good time flying the Caravan into random short grass strips in Papua New Guinea. TBH I'm not sure if I want to go back to flying the Airbus any time soon, no matter how study level it is lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

I was always flying tubeliners before MSFS.

I've never understood the appeal of jet airliners.  I guess that's the only brush with aviation that most people have, so an airliner is what they think of when they think about aviation.  Give me a bush plane any day.

Sure, there can be something compelling about making a flight plan, entering it into a computer, and executing it.  For me it's much more compelling to forego the computer and fly that plan myself.

If I want to program a flight plan and let the computer do the flying, I'll boot up the Orbiter space flight sim.  I'll even use time compression. 🙂 But when it's time to deorbit I still like to do that totally seat of my pants, no computer necessary.  But I did write a launch-to-orbit autopilot to simplify the hard parts.  After all, it's not like it's rocket science. 😄 

"I did not buy a toy airplane to let the autopilot fly it." -- misquote from a well-known Avsim member, used without permission. 🙂 

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Still haven't purchased so take this with a grain of salt, but... I seem to have gathered from everyone's differing opinions that if you are the type who might appreciate flying by the seat of your pants while mainly looking out the window then you'll probably have a positive experience with MSFS in it's currently released condition.

That said, if you are stuck with mainly wanting to fly by the proper numbers for your aircraft and get alot of use from modeled systems and instruments then you'll likely not feel as much love as you were hoping for out of the box.

For those who are real hardcore number mongers and actual flight dynamics experts you'll no doubt be a bit perturbed 🙂

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, hangar said:

Still haven't purchased so take this with a grain of salt, but... I seem to have gathered from everyone's differing opinions that if you are the type who might appreciate flying by the seat of your pants while mainly looking out the window then you'll probably have a positive experience with MSFS in it's currently released condition.

I haven't purchased yet either, but you've hit the nail squarely on the head with this one.  

This is why I've taken to calling it a "flying simulator."  It is the closest I've come in a sim to what I experience when I go down to my local airport and climb into a 172 (the passenger seat in my case).  I'm not doing VFR, I'm flying.  You know... flying? 😄 

If I should happen to fly through a cloud, I'm not IFR, I'm in IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions, or whatever).  But I'm still flying.  I don't have to file a flight plan just because I flew through a cloud.  In fact, I don't have to file flight plans at all.

I may or may not tune a VOR.  You know, it's actually the same kind of thing I did when I was much younger and just went out driving in my car, often without a destination in mind.

50 minutes ago, hangar said:

That said, if you are stuck with mainly wanting to fly by the proper numbers for your aircraft and get alot of use from modeled systems and instruments then you'll likely not feel as much love as you were hoping for out of the box.

Some MSFS default aircraft get closer than others.  Probably none hits it as close as many will want.  This is something I hope to correct if we can get enough programmers interested.  The capability appears to be there.

51 minutes ago, hangar said:

For those who are real hardcore number mongers and actual flight dynamics experts you'll no doubt be a bit perturbed 🙂

Maybe the third parties can give them exactly what they want, same as they've had to do with every other sim.  Not something to look for on Day Zero.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Hope they fix the live weather, it shows light broken or moderate clouds with no rain even during massive thunderstorms. It does seem to be aware of the clouds to some extent. Not sure why these Flight Sims always mess up on the weather, it's not exactly the hardest thing, it doesn't have to be perfect, but it should at least generalize an area as to what the weather is like.

Some planes are not bad, depends on the plane. Issue is some planes are too over responsive to the tiniest amount of turbulence. Overall, I'm glad they released it now, gives me something to do, why wait --- close enough... 

The only scary thing is will they keep their promise on updates and patches, hopefully so, but we'll see...

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram