Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Live Weather Inaccurate / not working

2 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Geez, nothing against HiFi, but everybody calling for Active Sky at this stage of the game is suffering from Stockholm syndrome I think. The past 16 years has conditioned people to think that a 3rd party is the answer for everything. The sim has the foundation for a great weather system. It works...not 100% right now...but good grief. Give the team more that a few days to work get through the growing pains.

We've already covered all this ground. HiFi even posted here that they have no way to interact with the sim as it is right now and are hoping, down the line, that maybe there will be a way. On top of that, this isn't like X-Plane of P3D where the base weather is garbage from the clouds on down. The base here is solid. It's just broken at the moment. If Asobo fixes it, to be blunt, there won't really be much of a call (or a market) for Active Sky. The idea that this product would "live or die" because of it is just wrong.

• Like 8

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

I haven't checked live weather much (or followed this thread, tbh) but I will say I loaded into ksfo tonight with live weather and it was hazy as heck. So... Only thing I can figure is the particulate matter from the fires was up to date.

2 hours ago, Agrajag said:

We've already covered all this ground. HiFi even posted here that they have no way to interact with the sim as it is right now and are hoping, down the line, that maybe there will be a way. On top of that, this isn't like X-Plane of P3D where the base weather is garbage from the clouds on down. The base here is solid. It's just broken at the moment. If Asobo fixes it, to be blunt, there won't really be much of a call (or a market) for Active Sky. The idea that this product would "live or die" because of it is just wrong.

Generally I agree. The weather engine itself seems great and I'm not worried about current bugs, they will be fixed eventually.

Still there are some completely lacking features I sorely miss:

- historic weather 

- a way to show METARs in the sim for any airport

- a weather map.

It should be possible to add the latter as an overlay to the flightplanning world map and show the METARs while clicking or hovering over an airport (and we should be able to open that map during flight).

So far there is no sign Asobo are considering to add those features. I hope they will.

Edited by RALF9636

Several of those are things, if the SDK allows for it, that a third-party could add without having to provide a complete weather engine. I'd love to see METAR data shown during the planning stage. I hate guessing as to runways on the arrival side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Australian weather doesn't work either.  Still getting 3kts...

• Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

58 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Australian weather doesn't work either.  Still getting 3kts...

report it to the zendesk.

the more ppl that do, the more chance of a quick solution.

weather depiction tho, is second to none, blows active sky away totally.  (despite the lack of cirrus)

never seen so many different cloud fornations.

if they fix the live aspect of the weather, all will be good.

i am sure asobo has thousands of things to do now, haha  just be a lil patient

On 8/21/2020 at 5:08 AM, Agrajag said:

Thanks. Again, we now know they're alive and kicking and that a patch is in the works. Awesome. My worst-case scenario is off the table which was of them just going dark for too long a period and the community going nuts.

They’re going to keep doing weekly updates like they did during the pre-release period 

I'm happy with the whole game except the live weather - if that's fixed properly -  I'll fly rubber dog word not allowed out of Hong Kong with a big smile on my face.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, Damian Clark said:

Let's hope they make SDK provisions for weather add-ons some day.  As of now, none exist that we are aware of. 

Like I said I would like to quote our competitor and many here who have confirmed that real weather does not render properly with in the Sim, despite many who say it does.  Hence, why we have developed Weather Force and will be releasing within days. Weather Force will include current weather as well as dynamic weather scenarios.  In addition, soon after release we will be implementing a facility to access historic/archived that we have acquired over the past 10 years during the history of REX.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Happy for you and your upcoming release.  We are all eagerly awaiting it.  Congratulations.  

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 2

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

What i am most skeptical about is this, let's think when REX ever provided a good weather engine ? In each product, weather related they provided we stright away disabled the weather engine and stayed with the other cosmetic features. The WX engine was always left to others to make right.

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

6 hours ago, rstough said:

Hence, why we have developed Weather Force and will be releasing within days.

This might be my first addon purchase for MSFS.