Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

How to get MORE FPS in Flight Simulator 2020 - EASY!

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well give him a good AVSim bashing.

Nobody is "bashing" the guy. It's just that we've seen most of these fixes peddled in one way or the other for the past 20 years, and in the end it always comes down to: turn down some settings.

Btw, correlation is not causation. I mean, last night, I had a few brewskies. I felt that the sim ran much smoother after that....hmmmm...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

And this is really all that counts, isn't it`?

Absolutely! That’s why it’s worth at least trying 

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well give him a good AVSim bashing.

After a long thread in another forum about we should have power on adaptive. That after years was a change I did.

In the video most of you bashed, he first of all explained to turn power to performance, game mode ON, and explained why it’s good to turn textures to performance as well. I did all 3 as my game mode was off.

I gained 5-7 FPS, I did not turn down any setting as now running 40 over London is more than enough for me. 
I still find after running tests the sim is smoother with FPS locked at 30 in the Nvidia control panel, never been a fan of asking a flight Sim to run at max 24/7.

So bash away but try the stuff at the start. It just might help!

Hi David 😉

I am also in that boat with Game Mode on (new one to me as P3D never liked it) and also with locked FPS (25) in NCP in 4K25HZ/ULTRA settings (clouds on high) and its actually smooth . Almost as MaddogX smooth in P3dv5 😀

up to 10GB totally VRAM used inclusive w10 over New York

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

In the video most of you bashed, he first of all explained to turn power to performance, game mode ON, and explained why it’s good to turn textures to performance as well. I did all 3 as my game mode was off.

I gained 5-7 FPS, I did not turn down any setting as now running 40 over London is more than enough for me. 
I still find after running tests the sim is smoother with FPS locked at 30 in the Nvidia control panel, never been a fan of asking a flight Sim to run at max 24/7.

"turn textures to performance" does not affect the quality of the picture?  I wonder how to check it

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

If you only listen to the self-elected Sim-Experts you will run this game in 30fps and 30hz with V-sync forever, no matter what hardware you have.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

The guy used to be a keen simmer. His channel has over 2.6m subscribers. I think this is his 2nd MSFS video. This is good for us.

• Like 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Nobody is "bashing" the guy.

Really!

10 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is absolutely rubbish.

10 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

I typically like Jayz2cents but this is like "lower your settings to get more FPS".  Well duh!

9 hours ago, robert young said:

That is the worst "how to" video on any simulator I've seen. The guy has absolutely no clue

yep all nice constructive comments.

The guy has more now how on PC's than most of us will ever have. Also I found the info pre game setting good info. I gained 5-7 from it.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, robert young said:

It is never a good idea to tweak fps by starting with everything turned up then reducing lucky dip settings.

The only methodical way is to start with a blank canvas - ie everything set to minimum, then gradually and one by one adding a higher setting on ONE slider and seeing the impact. This additive, rather than reductive, approach is much quicker in the long run.

I don't care to take the time to try to gauge the effects of every slider, alone and in combinations.  I'm not trying to write a definitive performance guide.

I'm going to start at maximum and reduce likely culprits as necessary until I get acceptable performance.  In P3Dv4.5 this involved reducing ONE slider by one notch.  In P3Dv2 getting rid of OOM errors involved three sliders and several flights, but was necessary to fly in certain areas.

Could I get an additional 3 fps?  Yeah, but so what?  I might care more if I displayed an fps counter.  Sorry.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 hours ago, pevides1 said:

The hard truth is that people with stutters will need a new pc! 

Easy.

Upgrade and then see this? 

"Stuttering mess" he said... and he wasn't even flying a liner.

WzzspBx.png

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

10 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

2060s gives same performance as 2080ti @1440p

Broken game engine surely 

Or they’re being throttled by the cpu and both graphics cards are capable of performing the required graphics processing tasks. But in reality they don’t have the same performance. 2080ti has 37% better performance. 

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=632

Edited by Anthracite

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

The guy has more now how on PC's than most of us will ever have. Also I found the info pre game setting good info. I gained 5-7 from it.

He may have a lot of "now how"(sic) on PCs, but what he lacks is know how on flight sims.

55 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

He may have a lot of "now how"(sic) on PCs, but what he lacks is know how on flight sims.

You forgot to mention everything else in the post you quoted, lol selective reading a wonderful thing.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 hours ago, pvupilot said:

Good find! Although for me, Microsoft game mode actually lowered my FPS significantly over NYC. My best results have been RTSS set to Scanline sync x/2 61 and Vsync in game to 60. For whatever reasons, this has worked best for me. My monitor is 60hz 1080p, i7-9700k, GTX 1080ti, 32GB RAM.

The Scanline fix you have here will NOT work with Vert sync in SIM set to 60. You are seeing a placebo.

Try vert sync OFF in the sim .

Then set Scanline to X/2 and set value to minus 1. i.e. -1.

If you keep your monitor to 60 Hz native this is the best solution.

Many have now tried it and agreed.

If you are using a 30 Hz or 120 or 144 or G sync, then ignore me !

....But with a 60 Hz monitor this setting is deffo THE smoothest. Try it.

(Credit to Bert Pieke from his 2019 P3D fix, but I tried in MSFS and it proved itself still very much valid.)

Edited by Gabe777
  • Like 1

I have all of his recommendations set already, but I did try putting the CPU priority to Real Time from the High I had it set to in Lasso, and it destroyed my performance, and the response of the sim as a whole, by chocking the main thread , so take care using this. Maybe my old i5 4 core could not handle it, or it's a clash with Game Mode, which he claims will run the selected app in Real Time anyway.