Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Default Zoom Level

Is there any way to bind a key to a customized zoom level? Often times as I fly around Im zooming in and out and therefore will lose my original custom zoom level and the only way to get it back (since you can't see a digital number on HUD) is to pull up the camera window onscreen which is a real PITA. I like a custom zoom of .62 and would like to bind a key that would set that exact zoom for me any time I want it.

I understand that a saved custom view will also provide whatevr zoom level i wanted when saved, but im more interested here in finding out if theres a command that can strictly be used to just set any zoom number I want?

If anyone knows I'd appreciate!

Edited by hangar

Yes, this is driving me nuts having to pull up the camera window every time... and if you use + or - it doesn't do .10 increments, it zooms way out or way in.  And if you reset it... Gotta open the window again.  

you can set custom cockpit cameras in the controls, I NEVER pull up the camera app.

To set a view my binds are ctrl + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This gives me 9 views in the cockpit for example

So after I sort my Pilot view with ctrl + 1, including height/zoom etc.  I just hit num pad 1 to flick to that view and it will always go back to the default zoom I setup.  Rinse and repeat for another 8 views and I use num 1 - 9 to flick to views quickly.  This is how I setup XPlane views and works a treat.

Thomas Derbyshire

No idea, I removed all camera settings from default and set my own.....similar to xplane for muscle memory purposes

Thomas Derbyshire

views.jpg

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

you can set custom cockpit cameras in the controls, I NEVER pull up the camera app.

To set a view my binds are ctrl + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This gives me 9 views in the cockpit for example

So after I sort my Pilot view with ctrl + 1, including height/zoom etc.  I just hit num pad 1 to flick to that view and it will always go back to the default zoom I setup.  Rinse and repeat for another 8 views and I use num 1 - 9 to flick to views quickly.  This is how I setup XPlane views and works a treat.

You might want to double check that your custom view zoom level is working after saving a custom view. I tried this last night and it seemed like everything saved, however upon going to the camera drop down for each, noticed it defaulted back to 50%.

So, no key binding available for zoom then? Need to add that to a wishlist for sure.

@sidfadcThanks but not what I was looking for...if you read my original post it already mentions what you were talking about.

@NyxxYes, I've tried setting that zoom to what I like but either it's not working or I just don't understand what it's actually for...dunno what to make of it really.

@Robert EdwardsI noticed the same thing about the camera window...but I can actually see my zoom setting change when I go to my custom set view...so not sure exactly whats going on with the zoom but I know when I switch to different custom views (all with different zoom settings) that the zoom does change to what it looks like it should be for those views...so I assume that aprt at least is working....but who knows.

5 minutes ago, hangar said:

So, no key binding available for zoom then? Need to add that to a wishlist for sure.

@sidfadcThanks but not what I was looking for...if you read my original post it already mentions what you were talking about.

@NyxxYes, I've tried setting that zoom to what I like but either it's not working or I just don't understand what it's actually for...dunno what to make of it really.

@Robert EdwardsI noticed the same thing about the camera window...but I can actually see my zoom setting change when I go to my custom set view...so not sure exactly whats going on with the zoom but I know when I switch to different custom views (all with different zoom settings) that the zoom does change to what it looks like it should be for those views...so I assume that aprt at least is working....but who knows.

Yes it does work and yes there is a key for zoom.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, hangar said:

what is it?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Hehe, just checked and there is NO binding I can find that will enable a custom zoom level, so I'll assume that he's mistaken or not understanding what we've been talking about in the thread.

28 minutes ago, hangar said:

Hehe, just checked and there is NO binding I can find that will enable a custom zoom level, so I'll assume that he's mistaken or not understanding what we've been talking about in the thread.

There clearly are several ways to accomplish what you are asking for.. just be prepared to learn some new tricks..

• Like 2

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

There clearly are several ways to accomplish what you are asking for.. just be prepared to learn some new tricks..

Hehe