Sign in to follow this  
nicboyGS

A320 Neo Updated Mod

Have you guys noticed that we cannot use this mod along with the A320NEO sound mod available?  Would love to be able to use both.

Dennis

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, DMullert said:

Have you guys noticed that we cannot use this mod along with the A320NEO sound mod available?  Would love to be able to use both.

Dennis

I think it may be possible, but it all has to be in the same folder.  More complexity - but some bright spark will be along shortly to tell us how I am sure! 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

We really need to know if Asobo are alright with all of this.

In my life...I've gone by the expression "Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission" 🙂

I think when MS/AS come up for air and see what the community has been doing to their creation, they'll do some risk analysis, see if any mods have a real revenue possibility they can cherry-pick, then decide from there.

We all know it would be a grave mistake to turn off the option completely for the community to help itself and enhance their product....the ball is in their court to see if they make the right decision. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great response.  That sums it up perfectly! 👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Where can you download this?  I found some page but it looks like a bunch of random links and file s but can't find where to download the actual folder. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

They knew from day one that this community has some great modders , They allowed us to do and have openly said they want to work with the modding community! To what extent , we shall see , cause we have few pretty good modders. And once this minecraft people start modding oh lord lol , maybe we might get some good things coming our way 🙂

45 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I mean in this thread alone, I see so many people confused on what seem to be the most basic of instructions, but then again we're not taking into account the variables to each custom install every one of has on our machines.

A lot of these instructions assume things that are critical to the success of the attempt to try it.  For example: Did you buy it from Steam or MS store? Did you install on the C drive or another drive not the main Windows drive?...You get the idea.  Those answers will obviously impact the outcome of your experience, and I think after a while...most experienced modder's will (after answering the same question a thousand times), add those details into their instructions (like some already have started doing).

Also, the forums in this and any website wanting to share these great mods....there needs to be a dedicated forum, with sub-forums to keep the 100's of modding posts out of a main MSFS discussion.  sub-forums like (for example): Aircraft mods (with sub forums for each type), Scenery Mods, Utility mods, etc.

7 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where can you download this?  I found some page but it looks like a bunch of random links and file s but can't find where to download the actual folder.

I rest my case.🤣

I know this doesn't help you Zim....but your post exemplifies my previous post that we seriously need to reign-in this process and get it organized so you can click a link, grab a mod, press a button and go fly with that new mod in place.  Not wade thru 100's of posts in a thread looking for something. 😉 

We're literally in our infancy with this sim (but not to modding of course)...we just have to give it time to mature.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

Dennis

Any mod for any item has to all be in the same folder in Community..  therefore if you have 2 liveries for the same plane, they must be in one folder.. if you have 2 mods for the same aircraft, they must be in one folder  you can have as many folders as you like in Community but only one per item,  which means if you want to change an add-on airport, you cannot append to that, you have to change the origional..  I feel like we should change the name of the community folder to highlander since there can be only one 🙂

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Any mod for any item has to all be in the same folder in Community..  therefore if you have 2 liveries for the same plane, they must be in one folder.. if you have 2 mods for the same aircraft, they must be in one folder  you can have as many folders as you like in Community but only one per item,  which means if you want to change an add-on airport, you cannot append to that, you have to change the origional..  I feel like we should change the name of the community folder to highlander since there can be only one 🙂

Actually, as someone directed me to for my CJ4 mod, you actually can have two mods for one aircraft AS LONG AS the two mods don't include any of the same files in their layout.json file. 

I also have been meaning to test something else. Namely, when we add a mod into the Community folder, the manifest tells the sim what the dependencies are. It might be possible to layer them in this way, basically making a second mod have both the original aircraft and the first mod dependencies.

This is on my list of things to test.

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

we seriously need to reign-in this process and get it organized so you can click a link, grab a mod, press a button and go fly with that new mod in place

I don't disagree with you at all, but it is worth pointing out that our starting point with this sim is way better than previous ESP/FSX/P3D iterations, because at least everything can be done in one folder that can be used to amend or replace files anywhere in the MSFS virtual file system. 

An installer can be much more easily built to interrogate the community folder for conflicting mods and even offer solutions, for example the ability through the installer to combine complimentary mods by merging the two folders and combining their manifest and layout json files.

In the meantime, BS 'mods' of basically stolen intellectual property are being shoddily compiled and put up on sites like the new msfsaddons site. I guess that's the price we pay for an open community approach. I don't know the solution, but I know I don't want a closed ecosystem.

2 hours ago, DMullert said:

They can be merged, but I'd wait until the 320NX project is more mature because they are dealing with adding many many sounds to the cockpit. Merging can be easily done if there aren't overlaps, but where there are overlaps it would be more work.

What I'd actually suggest is that whomever made the sound mod should simply join the discord, go into the #sound channel and announce his/her intention to merge those sounds, check for conflicts, make a pull request from github and add those sounds right into the project.

What's been amazing to me to watch, as someone that has managed development projects, but isn't a developer - is how fast and efficiently this team is working by bringing literally hundreds of coders, pilots, modelers and designers/artists together. They've got a trello project management board running, a very well organized discord channel, they're checking credentials before giving people roles and rights, and using all the capabilities of github as a code repository for managing development branches and builds.

And they've done stuff in hours that I've watched, through my beta roles, payware companies take months to accomplish with one or two developers.  I honestly never expected this.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

14 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I don't disagree with you at all, but it is worth pointing out that our starting point with this sim is way better than previous ESP/FSX/P3D iterations, because at least everything can be done in one folder that can be used to amend or replace files anywhere in the MSFS virtual file system. 

Without a doubt one the best implementations thus far of the series.  In previous versions you needed to almost be a Microsoft Certified Professional to navigate all the back-end management of folders, xml files, cfg entries, BGL excludes, scenery layering, etc.... It was exhausting. 

19 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

In the meantime, BS 'mods' of basically stolen intellectual property are being shoddily compiled and put up on sites like the new msfsaddons site. I guess that's the price we pay for an open community approach. I don't know the solution, but I know I don't want a closed ecosystem.

Completely agree.  I don't know the solution either (well, like you I have tons of ideas...but to get them to "market" as it were....is a job for someone with a PMP certification...not me. LOL)

I too agree that we can't have a completely closed ecosystem....but I wish there could be a "certification" and validation process before someone's well-intentioned mods (well...not all may be that as we can imagine) would be set free on the community.

I was invited to the PMDG beta team as a painter for their GFO project, and believe me I was vetted before being accepted... not just by any resume' I could type up in a minute and submit, but by community involvement for decades where my work was on public display and all they had to do was Google me and take it from there. (it didn't hurt that I've painted many PMDG birds and was already in the PBR game when they released their Queen with PBR, and both Brian T and I worked to tweak the metal to this state) 🙂

XixSgj.jpg

The modding community from what I've generally seen thus far is like the Wild Wild West, and while their may be structure in the system somewhere, I have not found it just yet (granted I have not looked as of yet).

I know that any mods I decide to install will be researched to the best of my ability, and I'll see if I can determine if the mod'er has gained a good reputation in the community.  

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

The modding community from what I've generally seen thus far is like the Wild Wild West

That's inevitable in these early days, but as clarity expands on the file structure and update processes, it will calm down. MS will probably adopt/license any good ones for the default aeroplanes (if they have any sense). It's all grist to the PR mill, and hopefully MS will be aware of this.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi All

I had the same problem with the install, tried a few times with no luck.

You need to watch Squirrels video again.

I had not downloaded the correct one, you need to download the DEVELEOPEMENT version as described in the vid.

It worked.      

Let me know how it turned out.

Hope this helped.

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

as a painter

Speaking of...I actually haven't even flown the 748 in MSFS yet, but I probably would if it had a paint like that on it. 😉

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I know that any mods I decide to install will be researched to the best of my ability, and I'll see if I can determine if the mod'er has gained a good reputation in the community.  

I know the moderators here don't want to add to the structure, but I'd personally love a subforum just to discuss mods. I know maybe I'm biased, and avsim has it's flaws, but I trust this community to vet mods. We know this group can pick apart anything, and will if given the opportunity. I'd trust a mod discussed and reviewed here much more than on reddit or some rando website. And there are enough of us already that can look at a package and determine whether it's good, bad, incomplete or spyware...

It takes 30 seconds to look at that F18 on msfsaddons.org and see that it is a ported FSX model with an AIR file and a conflicting engines.cfg stripped right from the CJ4.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pilotcuds said:

I had not downloaded the correct one

I don't understand. There are two versions, stable and development. Neither are wrong. One has fewer features, but is stable. The other is constantly being updated and has incomplete features. There's no right or wrong here.