Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

Live traffic

Just recently installed and generally looking around the features etc. With regards to the Live traffic, is this actually working yet?
I have the setting turned on but when I am at an airport that apparently has live traffic I'm not seeing the aircraft. I can see planes parked at gates but none are actually taxiing, departing or landing.
Also, is there a program available yet that can inject real life liveries to the aircraft?
Thanks

24 minutes ago, flotmangooner said:

Just recently installed and generally looking around the features etc. With regards to the Live traffic, is this actually working yet?
I have the setting turned on but when I am at an airport that apparently has live traffic I'm not seeing the aircraft. I can see planes parked at gates but none are actually taxiing, departing or landing.
Also, is there a program available yet that can inject real life liveries to the aircraft?
Thanks

A number of live flights already have liveries ingame, I saw United and Delta, at least.

The amount of live traffic that is depicted seems to depend on the amount of live players that are around, especially at airports. It seems to me that at airports that currently have tons of live players on the ground and in the air, less live traffic is injected into the sim, maybe for performance reasons.

Yesterday, I was flying into Denver Int'l, and there were very few other players around at that time, but a large number of live traffic flights. It became difficult to use the ATC because it was constantly calling other flights.

There is also a traffic slider in the settings that affects how much traffic and airport activity you see.

James

1 minute ago, Phantoms said:

There is also a traffic slider in the settings that affects how much traffic and airport activity you see.

That has nothing to do with live traffic though.

I have yet to see an airplane land or take off or taxi... so yeah I wonder the same thing.  Now if i put multiplayer on I get swarms of planes randomly flying around and causing my FPS to go down to 30 but no legit real-world traffic. 

49 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I have yet to see an airplane land or take off or taxi... so yeah I wonder the same thing.  Now if i put multiplayer on I get swarms of planes randomly flying around and causing my FPS to go down to 30 but no legit real-world traffic. 

I've noticed the same...

I turned off multiplayer "Live Traffic" and definitely noticed better performance and less pauses in-game.

Does this sim currently simulate, AI only, Live Traffic flights, other than populating AP gates and Parking Spaces?

Chris Camp

i seen enuf live traffic, but at some places it does not seem to work well.

i seen them land, and starting to go away, taxi, take off., so yes its all there, but just as the live weather it needs some fixing.

What about AI traffic? is that available?

How about live traffic like in real world traffic.. not flight sim traffic. Initially I thought "live Traffic" means real world live traffic. 🙂

Manny

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

in this sim, live traffic, means real world live traffic.

offline ai traffic is available too, and can be set with different amounts.

I use live traffic most of the time. I sometimes see other planes flying around at airports but never hear them. Is it because these pilots don't use the radio for ATC communication or is it a bug? Did some of you hear radio interaction with live traffic?

Thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I use live traffic most of the time. I sometimes see other planes flying around at airports but never hear them. Is it because these pilots don't use the radio for ATC communication or is it a bug? Did some of you hear radio interaction with live traffic?

Thanks.

The only thing heard is ATC callouts. Don't think there's any interaction otherwise with the pilots. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Does this sim currently simulate, AI only, Live Traffic flights, other than populating AP gates and Parking Spaces?

Yes, sure it does. See my post above. 

9 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

The only thing heard is ATC callouts. Don't think there's any interaction otherwise with the pilots. 

That's what I was expecting, standard ATC discussion, but I don't even hear that. Maybe it is just because other players don't use ATC in the sim...