Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Im gonna post this again because I think It's Important

5 minutes ago, andrecarli737 said:

Do anyone know why would you have to do Step 3 every time we open the game? PL has a "Always" tab on the priority class.

Could be the fact that this action first will work when entering the MSFS menu as he wrote.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Could be the fact that this action first will work when entering the MSFS menu as he wrote.

Michael Moe

Not a big deal, Alt+Enter and set it at the beginning. Then stop the Console (not the service) and Alt+Enter again.

19 minutes ago, andrecarli737 said:

Do anyone know why would you have to do Step 3 every time we open the game? PL has a "Always" tab on the priority class.

Howeve I made my profile and that setting stays Disabled.

Edited by Dirk98

8 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

One question? Where do we find the .exe in the X-Box Store install? (Yes I know all about the steam version)

Theres no need to find the .exe in a folder.

You have to do this after the sim has gone to the main menu, and it just shows up on the list.  It really couldn't be any easier, just follow the steps.  

Edited by JughedJones

Thanks for reposting this!  I messed around with Lasso for a few days, but I was still getting the stuttering, pausing and bottlenecks.  I followed this guide exactly and I'm in business.  I had all but given up on it until I could get some new hardware, but this has extended the life of my trusty, but dated rig.  Really, this needs to be a sticky because of it's importance, especially for those with dated hardware.

Thanks again!!!

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

5 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

The author of the tip said it caused crashing if you set it to always.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JughedJones said:

The author of the tip said it caused crashing if you set it to always.  

Not the case on my rig.

" Start the game and wait for it to reach the main menu (Do NOT do the next step before the game has reached the main menu, trust me on this one) "

Are one of these two menus are what TessellatedGuy meant when he wrote "main menu"? Or some other menu in the game?

Thanks.

7ovLcOF.jpg

16tTJ6E.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

CTDs for me 😭

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I can confirm that this greatly reduced the stuttering for me.  I'm using windowed mode if that makes any difference.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I just want to state this has been a godsend to me....no more huge stutters and mainly smooth.   I am using a pretty underwhelming setup (I5 6600 K OC to 4.3 ghz - 1660ti - 16MB ram) but at least the sim is smooth and now I can see if I can tweak up some of my in game settings.

I wish I could say I understood why I needed to do this (shouldn't the game be optimized for this kind of thing to begin with) but I guess its just my CPU and am glad theres a way to improve thats pretty painless.

Edited by marcg11
Added thought

Giving this a shot!

Ok some interesting stuff on an older Dell with 1060 6GB card OC'd with X1:

1) with 16GB of RAM it is using between 80-96% constantly.

2) processor is not being maxed out too hard surprisingly

3) still getting micro stutters at times and major pauses/stutters over LA basin / LAX etc however NO noticeable spike on the CPU or GPU etc? Odd?

Edited by Flyfaster

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I am curious, because I am now tweaking my rig to operate with msfs2020 and I used Process Lasso in the past.

So far, I’ve had mixed success with it, there is an absolute bottleneck with the CPU and I know Process Lasso is the solution. I just haven’t gotten it to the sweet spot in which it will run on the rig and be stable, especially at landing.

If anyone out there has a good solution, I’d love to hear an update on the Process Lasso tweak.

My rig:

i7-3770k OC to 5.0 GHz (stable OC with water cooling)

ASUS Sabretooth Z77 MB, Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR3 1866 RAM.

Windows 10 Pro, stripped down (see Chris Tech Talk solution for debloating Win 10).

Windows on a Samsung 870EVO SSD.

MSFS on separate Samsun 870EVO SSD.

1GHZ internet connection, am running Ethernet to the router.

GTX 1060 (not overclocked...not yet).

I am open to suggestions...because I don’t want to spend money on this quite yet...not until we see the impact that the pay ware adds (think QW787 being the first) will have on the sim. Right now I’m focused on the A32NX as that is the only commercial airliner in the sim worth flying, The 787XE and Salty 747-8 fixes are still not flyable.

Thanks!

On 1/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, speedbird034 said:

I am open to suggestions...because I don’t want to spend money on this quite yet...not until we see the impact that the pay ware adds (think QW787 being the first) will have on the sim. Right now I’m focused on the A32NX as that is the only commercial airliner in the sim worth flying, The 787XE and Salty 747-8 fixes are still not flyable.

Thanks!

Critical to know is how you are running the sim in terms of frame rate locking, vsync, etc.  If you are not vsyncing to a 30Hz capable screen, then know you're asking your CPU to run at 100% utilization, which is akin to always seeing the CPU hit an absolute bottle neck, no matter what the environment, even if there is headroom in the CPU because you are telling it to generate as many frames as it can.  If possible, if your screen supports 30Hz which it may or may not, you can set MSFS to VSYNC, set frames at 60 in MSFS, and what you will see then is the sim locked at 30 AND, and this is the important part, your CPU will run at the lowest possible rate required to maintain that 30fps.  I understand if you have a true G-Sync monitor you can achieve the same benefits and set the frame lock wherever it can work best at for you.  

Here is a simple example w/ my 9900K, in an easy to process scenario.  This was was set un-synced to 30hz screen as I set the screen to its default 60Hz, and so ran the sim un-framelocked.  Notice the CPU load is at 52%, the GPU at 99% so is now GPU-limited:

Unlocked-Ultra.png

Here is the identical scenario however vsynced to 30Hz screen.  Notice the CPU load is now at only 27% instead of 52%, there is now headroom also in the GPU, and here's the most important part of all:  comparing video animation between these two approaches it is clear vsync to the 30Hz screen is superior in terms of smoothness, freedom from stutters, so it is a clear win-win: better performance, better visuals, AND maximum headroom for 3rd party airware.  

Vsync-to-30-Ultra.png

W/ the 9900K and vsync to 30Hz I am able to run the sim at Ultra 100/200/200 everywhere and still have considerable CPU headroom in the main thread.  My RTX 2070 Super is not able to run all the GPU-dominant sliders at Ultra so in busy areas or areas w/ heavy weather I will turn down volumetric clouds to High from Ultra, and dial back shadow quality a bit as well as required to keep the GPU below maxed.

The downsides of vsync to 30hz screen:  if it can't meet or exceed the 30fps limit stuttering starts.  Also, there are some who insist they have serious physiologic reactions to viewing an LCD screen at 30Hz, for example headaches, eyesore, and so forth.  I have none of these things whatsoever, can look at the screen continuously and have no problems, and everyone who has viewed my screen while I'm flying also sees nothing but fluid, stable imagery.  The other real problem:  you prob don't have a 30Hz capable screen, but might--open up NV Control Panel, resolution and see if it's an option.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The only and first thing that turned MSFS into a real enjoyable experience for me was setting and getting used to play it in 30Hz. I admit i was sceptic at first but i wouldn't run it any other way now. 4k, all settings on ultra with no stutters (except some Carenado things) and absolutely smooth. Give it a try. No need for third party "performance fixes" and stuff like that.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11