Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

I also wanted to check if the frameratefix for glass cockpit was overwritten by today's update, but I haven't gotten around to check yet. 

It wouldn't be overwritten if you installed it the version that came as a separate package. And, before you ask, yes, it might still be useful, since the original file still refreshes gauges at each frame if the quality level is High, I just checked.

• Like 2

Just now, virtuali said:

It wouldn't be overwritten if you installed it the version that came as a separate package. And, before you ask, yes, it might still be useful, since the original file still refreshes gauges at each frame if the quality level is High, I just checked.

I got the tweak in rather early, and never got around to get the community folder one. Nevertheless, I am very happy with my fps after patch 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

7 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I have the opposite experience.  seems smoother now and the wind turbulence issue seems better which could be my imagination but if the C172 analog gets any smoother, it really will be riding on rails.

you're not alone... the C172 feels really smooth now... I don't know if it's related to the optimizations they did or if they fine-tuned the turbulence, but I had the most delightful flight yet since release date.

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

2 hours ago, SteveFx said:

Have you programmed in c?

I am just doing programming C++ as hobby. If you don`t have enough ingenuity, try to image this most basic error code:

for(int i == 5; i<10; i++)
{;}

What do you think will happen? A compilation error. What would happen at while(i==5), a compilation warning. 

So what do you and your thumbs up friends will want to say against that? The posting of FAZZ3 was the same stupid as his comments as we are the whiners. He doesnt actually realize that he is a real %0x69%0x64%0x69%0x6f%0x74. 

51 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:
I developed software for Apple back in days gone by, but I assume Windows programming is similar. I agree than patch size doesn't directly infer how much of the source code was rewritten (my previous comment was a bit too simplistic in this regards). In fact, just touching a single line of code in multiple libraries / modules can result in a bigger patch than rewriting hundreds of lines of code in a single library / module...

Yep, that`s what DLL, COM (COM inheritance), C++ inheritance and virtual functions was all about back in the days of Windows 95. Fantastic piece of system architecture.

Edited by BigDee

Hopefully next time we can get that annoying cockpit notifications that pop up over instruments fixed, no issues installing the patch though

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, SirDan said:

Guess they have a history of being very tight lipped , like no one at that company leaks anything.   Good / Bad ? don't know

Ok, but patch notes? It's good PR if the patch notes show lots of activity, lets the users know they're actually committed to fixing issues.

Matthew S

30 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Also note that the gauge fix kills the AP.

48 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I'm also noticing a frame rate boost... circa 10 fps as well...  9900K @ 5Ghz 2080ti 4k.

I was finally able to fly around KMIA without hitting 18-20fps at dusk... now it's solid 30-35.

I am finding this as well and smoother

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

5 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Ok, but patch notes? It's good PR if the patch notes show lots of activity, lets the users know they're actually committed to fixing issues.

You mean the patch version notes ? the Known Issues notes ? the forums post with feedback /

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/known-issues-last-modified-9-2-2020/128064

https://www.flightsimulator.com/patch-version-1-7-14-0-is-now-available/

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Not in my book. Should've been done prior to release but tbf, likely MS marketing dictating that and they don't care as they got their bonuses.

☹️

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

13 minutes ago, BigDee said:

I am just doing programming C++ as hobby. If you don`t have enough ingenuity, try to image this most basic error code:

for(int i == 5; i<10; i++)
{;}

What do you think will happen? A compilation error. What would happen at while(i==5), a compilation warning. 

So what do you and your thumbs up friends will want to say against that? The posting of FAZZ3 was the same stupid as his comments as we are the whiners. He doesnt actually realize that he is a real %0x69%0x64%0x69%0x6f%0x74. 

51 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:
I developed software for Apple back in days gone by, but I assume Windows programming is similar. I agree than patch size doesn't directly infer how much of the source code was rewritten (my previous comment was a bit too simplistic in this regards). In fact, just touching a single line of code in multiple libraries / modules can result in a bigger patch than rewriting hundreds of lines of code in a single library / module...

Yep, that`s what DLL, COM (COM inheritance), C++ inheritance and virtual functions was all about back in the days of Windows 95. Fantastic piece of system architecture.

I really don't quite know why you were so irritated by the original quoted post but it really was completely valid.

In c/c++ the following statements will both compile.

if (a=5) {

// assigns  5 to the variable  a and then will always execute this clause as the result  is not 0  - zero being  false in  c/c++ any non zero value being true.

}

if (a==5) {

// will execute this clause if a holds the value 5 

}

Its an easy mistake to make especially if you have been using other languages and can be a pain to find exactly as the quoted post suggested.

The other classic error is a semi colon after the if like this.  This is rarer but I have found in code I was  debugging in the past.

if (a==5);
{

// this code always gets executed even if a is not 5.

}

• Like 3

I was finally able to install complete. The patch worked ! But I launched, set my settings and set up a flight but, when I press Fly, nothing happens...It stays on that screen..omg...

Just now, Rene777 said:

I was finally able to install complete. The patch worked ! But I launched, set my settings and set up a flight but, when I press Fly, nothing happens...It stays on that screen..omg...

Try restarting. My sim wasn't up to snuff before the 2nd start. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78