Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

1 hour ago, SteveFx said:

Out of interest do you see the same issue as before with neither CPU or GPU at 100%?

I take back my remark about FPS. When I restarted the sim, I got my original FPS in my test configuration, and further, my auto throttle is fine. A few others have remarked it take s a couple of restarts to get things settled. I guess it's true.

There is no change for my on the 'limited by mainthread' observation where neither the GPU or the CPU are maxed out. This is in the 787 where it seems worst.

Something I noticed 15 minutes into a flight - the 'Weather' cloud Icon is greyed out from the pull-down menu here.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Maybe slightly faster now, but probably because the terrain becomes blurry a bit closer than it did before. Can be corrected in settings so don't care. Still only have 3-knots wind, but that's an online delivery problem and wasn't supposed to be fixed this patch anyway. Online map that uses simconnect (vfrmap plugin) is very usable now which is great. On second look the terrain actually isn't blurry closer up now. Must have been the area I was in.

Edited by desbean

Just now, desbean said:

Online map that uses simconnect (vfrmap plugin) is very usable now which is great.

I wish they'd update the in-game map (v key)... buttons to toggle poi/vor/airport/navaids/ai planes... would make the in-game map very useful.

The MSFS UI seems quite customisable (js/html/css) so maybe somebody can mod this. 🤔

Matthew S

The 747-8 also works a lot better.

Now she flies the plan with LNAV and VNAV and catches the GS and LOC pretty fine

but she still banks to one side after Start or Landing with AP off.

For the Liverys the paints are still not good at on side, this is not fixed but shure there more Updates to come.

Simconnect is great now, no more stutters with Progs ( at least one Prog for me ) who needs Simconnect to speak with MSFS.

So overall a good work for first Patch..

regards 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I only made one short flight, but fps felt better, but it could totally be a placebo.  

Did anyone else notice their controls being a lot less twitchy?  Again, maybe just a placebo but things just felt better.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

2 things i noticed on my short fly around in the TBM (my go to usually). Definitely feels smoother, i get the random stutters a couple times from things loading i'm assuming, but overall definitely smoother.  Secondly, the trim is smoother now as well with my honeycomb yoke.  It wasn't terrible before, but I found myself making small quick clicks because if i held it for more than a second the plane would pitch hard in that direction.  Now if i hold it to trim, it does so smoothly.  

• Like 2

They had to have done something that wasn't in the patch notes because it is a completely different experience for me.  The panning stutters have gone and it is now incredibly smooth with consistent FPS.  For as open and forthcoming as Asobo has been the past year, I wish they would be more forthcoming about what they did for this patch and acknowledging the weather bug and other major bugs that have been reported.  I get that it's early but at least an acknowledgment would go a long way.

I was accepted into the alpha early on and this has been the best it has been performance wise for me.  Literally just yesterday I got frustrated with stutters and performance for the n'teenth time, shut it down and fired up XP.  Something else was done that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes...I would bet on it.

• Like 2

Ryan

So turned off all air traffic (AI, live player, and flightaware) and now have zero stutters...

Agreed I'd be happy for a list and acknowledgement of all bugs from asobo and a rough timeline of estimated fix,how long do we have to wait for simple things like that really annoying text over when you move the mouse around in the cockpit, it's just bizarre that even when off in the settings it still happens. It would shut us all up if we had an idea of the fix date

Having said that I'm glad about today's patch and hope it helps those plagued with those issues, I'm really enjoying this sim

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Thankfully the sim doesn't crash anymore with my bluetooth keyboard, but it does hang for 15-30sec if the keyboard falls asleep and I press a key. I guess I'll take that over having to plug in my wired keyboard every time I want to use the sim, but still not ideal obviously.

One word everyone....PLACEBO!!!

Seriously though... Where does it say they added stutter fix and FPS optimizations (nameplate?)...?

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 2

Chris Camp

44 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

For as open and forthcoming as Asobo has been the past year, I wish they would be more forthcoming about what they did for this patch

Agreed, though I certainly prefer getting a patch that fixes more than I expected than the opposite. 😄

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I take back my remark about FPS. When I restarted the sim, I got my original FPS in my test configuration, and further, my auto throttle is fine. A few others have remarked it take s a couple of restarts to get things settled. I guess it's true.

There is no change for my on the 'limited by mainthread' observation where neither the GPU or the CPU are maxed out. This is in the 787 where it seems worst.

Something I noticed 15 minutes into a flight - the 'Weather' cloud Icon is greyed out from the pull-down menu here.

Not only that but my weather was inaccurate. Close but accurate. Are you saying to still use the thread limiting with process lasso or no longer necessary?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster said:

Not only that but my weather was inaccurate. Close but accurate. Are you saying to still use the thread limiting with process lasso or no longer necessary?

I don't use process lasso.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

18 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

One word everyone....PLACEBO!!!

Seriously though... Where does it say they added stutter fix and FPS optimizations (nameplate?)...?

Wouldn't it be a placebo if they said they fixed it and everyone "felt" like it was fixed?

It kinda feels like the literal opposite of a placebo: they didn't fix announce a fix but whatever they did made enough of a noticeable difference that users are noticing something 🤔