Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

5 minutes ago, goreckm said:

The AP on the planes is still quite buggy. I would recommend hand flying the approaches, it's more fun anyways. And honestly, turning off the ATC completely is also a good idea, since it gets confused often, and doesn't add anything in its current state, imo. Just follow your planned route.

I'm a big fan of airliners, regionals and their systems.  $180 cdn and avoid or turn stuff off or hand fly, that's just crazy.  Looks like it's too late for a refund, can't see anything anywhere on my MS account where I can make a request. 

1 minute ago, canuk_22 said:

I'm a big fan of airliners, regionals and their systems.  $180 cdn and avoid or turn stuff off or hand fly, that's just crazy.  Looks like it's too late for a refund, can't see anything anywhere on my MS account where I can make a request. 

I mean, that's fair, but, these airplanes are not, and were never built to be study-level, so, if you are interested in the default MSFS planes for systems, you're looking in the wrong place, as that will never happen. Having said that, buggy software does suck, but at least the bugs in the existing functions will be fixed at some point, my guess by the holidays. There will be study level planes at some point that you'll be able to fly as well, but,that's at some point in the future.

6 minutes ago, canuk_22 said:

One more thing. The A320 is probably the least buggy airline implemented, so, if you want to get your fill of flying using AP, I would go that way. There are still bugs though that you will need to work around. There's also a mod for the A320 that add's a few extra extensions and systems on top of the default plane, if that's what you're interested in.

42 minutes ago, goreckm said:

One more thing. The A320 is probably the least buggy airline implemented, so, if you want to get your fill of flying using AP, I would go that way. There are still bugs though that you will need to work around. There's also a mod for the A320 that add's a few extra extensions and systems on top of the default plane, if that's what you're interested in.

Agree they are not study level, did not expect that, but even in FSX they were capable of an ILS, LOC etc etc.  The ATC in FSX never put me at FL240 over the lake 12 miles out of KORD, how many airports are like that?  And that mod for the 320 would be?

Edited by canuk_22

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, BigDee said:

And to stay on topic, what I have learned from programming, if there is a fault in a programm, it is the programmers fault, because the computer is running at billions of operations always doing things right and in the right order. That makes it so much interesting. Any errors are human made, FS has a ton of that.

"Computers do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do" - by professor on some introductory coding class I had to take.  This line stayed with me forever.

• Like 2

huge stutters while night flying tonight. when I move the mouse in the cockpit the frames drop occasionally alot.

before patch no problems.

14 minutes ago, ivng said:

"Computers do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do" - by professor on some introductory coding class I had to take.  This line stayed with me forever.

and then Machine Learning and AI came along....  🙂

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yes.  Imagine a press release in 2030: "On advice of our AI: Proudly announcing next iteration of Flight Simulator which was Machine-Learned over past ten years based on MSFS2020 combined with user input from internet forums. This has allowed us to save on development cost and to show our appreciation software will be available for a symolic price of...." 

Wouldn't that be something ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivng said:

Yes.  Imagine a press release in 2030: "On advice of our AI: Proudly announcing next iteration of Flight Simulator which was Machine-Learned over past ten years based on MSFS2020 combined with user input from internet forums. This has allowed us to save on development cost and to show our appreciation software will be available for a symolic price of...." 

Wouldn't that be something ☺️

I would be horrified at the combined abomination of 1000's of different forum users ideas all being implemented at once.  It would be like an Osprey that as soon as it turned on would fly in 5 different directions and crash the sim at an international airport in the middle of the mountain ranges with water taxiways and helipads at the gates.

2 hours ago, canuk_22 said:

Agree they are not study level, did not expect that, but even in FSX they were capable of an ILS, LOC etc etc.  The ATC in FSX never put me at FL240 over the lake 12 miles out of KORD, how many airports are like that?  And that mod for the 320 would be?

Little patience. Its a newborn that hasnt even begun to walk yet only crawl.  Once this matures, and we get some strong 3rd party addon aircrafts, some other fixes to WX and what not, it will be great. 

And no pilot on earth will let AP continue messing up. Disable and hand fly the aircraft.  AP is for monitoring. When it behaves badly, suspend it. Even real aircraft AP may not be doing what its supposed to 100% of the time.  Thats why your the captain. 😉

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

20 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

And no pilot on earth will let AP continue messing up. Disable and hand fly the aircraft.  AP is for monitoring. When it behaves badly, suspend it. Even real aircraft AP may not be doing what its supposed to 100% of the time.  Thats why your the captain.

I am beginning to think that the AP within MSFS is actually an advanced training feature that depicts AP failures and the sim pilots that pass the test are those who handle it accordingly as an AP failure and the sim pilots that fail the test are those who come to Avsim to complain. 

Very sneaky of Asobo. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

13 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I use spad.next to connect them. 

Have you managed to get the multi panel to work. I cant program the software but the downloaded profiles i tried will not get heading course v speed to work.

Robin

2 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Have you managed to get the multi panel to work. I cant program the software but the downloaded profiles i tried will not get heading course v speed to work.

Yeah, they work fine. I suggest you go to the spad.next forums or get on their discord to ask your questions there. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

This patch has not fixed my download issuse, the thing still keeps trying to download the first few percent of "asobo-flight-tuotrials-basicinstructions-0.1.22.fspackage". This is after I've uninstalled and manually deleted what files I know of. Another refund 🙄

Edit: This below tweak lets it download more of the files (albeit it slower) but it still resets and loops eventually 😩

A potential fix is - Search for the Command Prompt on your computer and run it as administrator. Type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled The endless loop should stop but your download speed will be severely reduced.

Edit 2: Got my powerline network adapters out and now it works.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg