Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

Future of p3d according to Mathijs Kok

1 minute ago, kingm56 said:

I suggest you go read RR comments regarding the capabilities of MSFS,

I am not interested in your suggestion but thanks anyway.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Aerosoft is selling the boxed version of MSFS and is very much in bed with MS/Asobo. They are leveraging their company's future on that one platform. So of course he will spin it to Aersoft's favor any chance he can get. They have mediocre planes that cannot compete with PMDG/FSL, Leonardo, etc... that fans of study level sims will never buy. There scenery is often littered with bad optimization and needing many patches. They make their money I'm sure reselling, similar to Simmarket. Aerosoft IMO was always second rate and frankly, don't care about him or his company.  

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Eric 

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

AS currently is helping Asobo with making an enhanced SDK. 

Well, then we are all screwed judging my the bug riddled junk Aerosoft put out that need multiple patches every single time. 

• Like 1

Eric 

46 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

"Very simple looking clouds"...that absolutely destroys any payware add-ons on the competition.

😵

That's your opinion, IMHO Active Sky is far better looking, with the advantage that live weather really Works, it isn't locked to 225/3

• Like 2

Francisco Aguiar

Like always. People who come on here to rip P3d are only wanting to convince themselves they have fully moved on to msfs. If they had. They wouldn’t enter a P3d forum again.  They would be looking only to msfs. This is very similar to stalking your ex girlfriend on social media. If you had moved on you wouldn’t be interested. The bugs in msfs are huge. Hope they get fixed. But they aren’t. Flying a Cessna 152 vfr gets boring very fast. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I am not interested in your suggestion but thanks anyway.

So...you prefer to remain word not allowed on the subject?  If true, whey do feel compelled to state opinion as fact when you clearly have no desire to educate yourself on the subject matter?  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Just now, micstatic said:

Like always. People who come on here to rip P3d are only wanting to convince themselves they have fully moved on to msfs. If they had. They wouldn’t enter a P3d forum again.  They would be looking only to msfs. This is very similar to stalking your ex girlfriend on social media. If you had moved on you wouldn’t be interested. The bugs in msfs are huge. Hope they get fixed. But they aren’t. Flying a Cessna 152 vfr gets boring very fast. 

Does anyone actually navigate to the forum via headers?  I doubt they do; instead, I suggest the majority clicks a link on the front page without regard to the subject location.

I simply don't understand why some simmers are salty about progress...

• Upvote 1

Matt King

10 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I suggest you go read RR comments regarding the capabilities of MSFS, as it relates to performance.  Warning - it doesn't fit your negative narrative.  Also, you continue to conflate opinion with facts; concerning the latter, Aerosoft is a business with access to actual market data. Other third-party vendors have their own data; to that point, I suspect you'll see other large vendors announce similar proclamations.  I highly suspect you'll never see a PMDG aircraft released for P3D again; like Aerosoft, they seem enamored with the capabilities and potential of the new simulator.  It should also be noted the Asabo patches have been timely and poinient; this simulator is maturing faster than previous renditions.  You remind me of the simmer who swore 3D panels were just a fad, too much of a performance hit, and would never last. 

"The PMDG 737NGu is leaps and bounds ahead of the nine year old NGX model you had been using prior to release of NGXu. You will see yet another generational leap forward with the model being used for the new PMDG 737NG3 for MSFS in large part due to the dramatic increase in what the simulation is capable of supporting in terms of model detail, resolution, textures and lighting. The NG3 flight deck is factors larger in terms of polygons and texture size, yet provides no discernible negative effect on the performance of the simulation."

Not one complex jetliner has been tested in MSFS as there is simply no supportive SDK for it...

So everyone who claims that their ac has no performance without being able to test it all marketing talk..

The only ac that might fly without too much performance loss is Prosim as everything is calculated outside of Fs program.

Several at Prosim have converted their P3D model to a FSX model and tried it in MSFS. Performance was not bad but also not superb. 

You simply cannot have all detail + AC with complex systems + high FPS in whatever Fs you are using,

Its all about balance and in MSFS the focus is on eyecandy, which is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, aguiar said:

That's your opinion, IMHO Active Sky is far better looking, with the advantage that live weather really Works, it isn't locked to 225/3

I haven't had issues with MSFS's weather in the last days so that seems to be mostly fixed.

As for the clouds, if you like to be fooled by sprites, it is your chice. Do yourself a favor and turn EA on when using P3D v5.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Just now, GSalden said:

Not one complex jetliner has been tested in MSFS as there is simply no supportive SDK for it...

So everyone who claims that their ac has no performance without being able to test it all marketing talk..

The only ac that might fly without too much performance loss is Prosim as everything is calculated outside of Fs program.

Several at Prosim have converted their P3D model to a FSX model and tried it in MSFS. Performance was not bad but also not superb. 

You simply cannot have all detail + AC with complex systems + high FPS in whatever Fs you are using,

Its all about balance and in MSFS the focus is on eyecandy, which is a good thing.

So, he's a liar?  The pictures located on their forum are fake?  Is the Majestic Dash 8 a lite aircraft?  The PMDG 747 seems to work fine in P3D V4....  

• Like 1

Matt King

43 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Bingo!! It has been very entertaining just watching as MS have ran this amazing Con job for a year now. As things appear to be at the moment it sounds like MS2020 is truely the "Sim of the Gods" except it just needs 1. Updated Sat scenery...what they have is 7-10 years old. 2. Better designed aircraft that dont wag their tails. 3 An add on weather program that actually works. 4. replace thousands of airports that are pure garbage with incorrect taxiways and signs. 5. Some way to have and use actual Nav data. I could go on but you get the point. All of this stuff will be using computer cycles and as that happens, then there goes the FPS and performance. Nothing new here. It all boils down to the old saying...they are trying to stuff 20 lbs of flight sim into a 5lb bag. 

MSFS has been out for about a month, I think the devs deserve to have 3/6 months to iron out the major bugs don't you think?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I haven't had issues with MSFS's weather in the last days so that seems to be mostly fixed.

As for the clouds, if you like to be fooled by sprites, it is your chice. Do yourself a favor and turn EA on when using P3D v5.

Active Sky also has nothing to do with the 'appearance'; all it does is interrupt/inject weather.  Weather interruption will be fixed in the next patch; so, I'd compare the two at that time.  

Matt King

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Perfect!! That is exactly what I wanted to say but I am just a Red Neck and could not put it together with out using a lot of words that those Mod's here don't like! LOL!!

Here is the test to solve the whole debate. If there was never even one more "fix" for Prepar3d, I could probably use it for the next 5 years and never get bored.

The test...Can you say that about MS2020? Just Yes or NO?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Active Sky also has nothing to do with the 'appearance'; all it does is interrupt/inject weather.  Weather interruption will be fixed in the next patch; so, I'd compare the two at that time.  

Yes it has if you use ASCA. I assume that this was what he was refering to otherwise it makes no sense, considering that the discussion was about clouds and not weather.

Again, I am doing a trip around the world (currently in the PNW region) and have not experienced issues with the weather in the last days. I believe I am entitled to making that observation.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

Perfect!! That is exactly what I wanted to say but I am just a Red Neck and could not put it together with out using a lot of words that those Mod's here don't like! LOL!!

Here is the test to solve the whole debate. If there was never even one more "fix" for Prepar3d, I could probably use it for the next 5 years and never get bored.

The test...Can you say that about MS2020? Just Yes or NO?

So, you're comparing a simulator that's been in active development for a decade with a simulator relased weeks ago?  Do you think you'll be able to make that statement in 6 months...I doubt you will. Also, stop acting like default P3D is a comprehensive, or even adequate simulator.  In truth, default P3D is terrible and not even in the same ballpark/state as MSFS.  In a year, I suspect simmers with your opinion will change their perspectives. After all, we've been down this road before...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Matt King