Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

RTX 3080 - Flight Simulator 2020 Benchmarks

17 hours ago, Lynchie said:

Is it worth upgrading to 2080TI.  I currently run RTX 2080

Thanks

Which resolution do you play?
If I could find one for 300-350€ I'd go for it, it's what it's worth now and it's a good up from a 1070.

But if I had a 2080 I'd wait for 4th series or maybe 5th.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

16 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Which resolution do you play?
If I could find one for 300-350€ I'd go for it, it's what it's worth now and it's a good up from a 1070.

But if I had a 2080 I'd wait for 4th series or maybe 5th.

I will have one for that price as soon as my 3090 arrives.... 

Me, too. Although early information regarding the 3090 vs the 3080 doesn't appear to indicate it's remotely worth the premium over a 3080. Of course, there was always going to be huge swathes of doubt over whether the performance uptick would be worth it but, for me, potentially 5 or 10% at 4k for around twice the cost... that's... well... disappointing. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, GSalden said:

So in the first benchmark 1440p the difference is 1 FPS with the Ultra Preset

While in the second benchmark the difference is 4 FPS with High Quality 

In total : if you do not use 4K or are satisfied with 30 FPS you do not need to replace your 2080 (Ti) by a 3090 

I have a 2080Ti and sit mostly at 60fps at 1440 ultra settings

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have a 2080Ti and sit mostly at 60fps at 1440 ultra settings

Over farmland or non populated areas? Resolution? I’m a 2080ti with 9900KS water cooled at 5GhZ and 3840x1600, and there is no way I am pulling 60fps over dense areas. Over low populated areas yeah, and using a steam gauge C172. 

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Over farmland or non populated areas? Resolution? I’m a 2080ti with 9900KS water cooled at 5GhZ and 3840x1600, and there is no way I am pulling 60fps over dense areas. Over low populated areas yeah, and using a steam gauge C172. 

On a 16GB/i5/2060 at 1440p I float around 60 fps in a steam gauge C172 landing at local and regional airports, set at at mainly ultra with a few things like occlusions wound back a touch, and AI traffic also turned back. 

Holding short in a heavy at JFK or O'Hare with AI turned up is another matter though. I have seen committed ram well over 30GB at O'Hare, though "committed" does not necessarily translate to actually needing that much.

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Its possible at 1440 with ultra settings.

cXYqxJ.jpg

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Of course, there was always going to be huge swathes of doubt over whether the performance uptick would be worth it but, for me, potentially 5 or 10% at 4k for around twice the cost... that's... well... disappointing. 

It is, that is the reason why I will definitively wait for a RTX 3080 variant with 20GB VRAM, whatever they going to call it (3080Ti or 3080 Super). For 10% performance increase, I am not going to pay twice the cost. But if a potential RTX 3080Ti/Super with 20GB is about 100$ more, I would be ready to pay this upgrade price for twice the VRAM.

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 9/23/2020 at 7:52 AM, AnkH said:

It is, that is the reason why I will definitively wait for a RTX 3080 variant with 20GB VRAM, whatever they going to call it (3080Ti or 3080 Super). For 10% performance increase, I am not going to pay twice the cost. But if a potential RTX 3080Ti/Super with 20GB is about 100$ more, I would be ready to pay this upgrade price for twice the VRAM.

Yeah, this is now the dilemma. Wait for a 3080 20GB. Its like the middle ground between 3080 and 3090 that seems will be the sweet spot. 

To throw a spanner in the works, I read that in October that big Navi will be announced, and that is what the new XBOX is based off, and we know where MSFS is heading too..... Interesting. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

A heads-up warning for those considering the RTX 3080: https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-rtx-3080-sees-increasing-reports-of-crashes-in-games

We'll have to wait and see if drivers fix that issue. Otherwise, NVIDIA pretty much pulled an AMD with this launch. Overvolted and power-hungry GPUs, expensive VRAM, unstable drivers, and overhyped marketing. Still not a great time to buy a high-end GPU unfortunately. Hopefully they'll decide to release an Ampere die shrink with more mature GDDR6X memory, or RDNA 2 will deliver.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

A heads-up warning for those considering the RTX 3080: https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-rtx-3080-sees-increasing-reports-of-crashes-in-games

We'll have to wait and see if drivers fix that issue. Otherwise, NVIDIA pretty much pulled an AMD with this launch. Overvolted and power-hungry GPUs, expensive VRAM, unstable drivers, and overhyped marketing. Still not a great time to buy a high-end GPU unfortunately. Hopefully they'll decide to release an Ampere die shrink with more mature GDDR6X memory, or RDNA 2 will deliver.

so something else expedited? ...LOL

3090 benchmarks dropped in MSFS  on LTT it went from 40 fps to 46fps on 4K and on 1440p it actually was lower but at that point it was CPU bottlenecks.

25 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I did my best to get a 3090 starting from 5:50am to 6:20am (release was 6:00am PT) ... on one of my scripts I managed to get a "Add to Cart" button, hit it and got a Check Out window, hit Check Out and nothing, just 10 minutes of "Checking out...".

But apparently the 3090 is only 10-15% faster in 4K than the 3080.

Oh well, I tried, back to bed.

Cheers, Rob.

I have managed to purchase 2 by mistake if you want one of mine? You can have it at the cost I paid for it...... not sure how I managed to get 2, oh well...

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I have managed to purchase 2 by mistake if you want one of mine? You can have it at the cost I paid for it...... not sure how I managed to get 2, oh well...

You can sell it for $80.000 on eBay.

• Like 1