Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

RTX 3080 - Flight Simulator 2020 Benchmarks

3 minutes ago, Doering said:

I have the RTX 2080ti running with my 34” LG monitor (5K x 2K), running my screen capture program at 4K. The sim is very smooth. The card is doing the job for me. Just uploaded my first video with FS2020 if you wish to have a look.

You don't like using your inertial separator!? Nice video 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, psolk said:

They are now leaking a 3080 with 20GB...  People should hold off and force the @ssholes who bought the original 10GB to take a beating... 

I know a 20GB 3080 is actually exactly what I wanted.  

Link?

On 9/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

I guess I'll be keeping my 1080ti 

Except in 4K High Quality which is pretty much where you want to be, the 3080 is nearly twice as fast. I have to say though overall I'm a tad disappointed.

20 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

You don't like using your inertial separator!? Nice video 🙂

Good one! Thanks. Yes, should definitely be on in case of icing. If on a longer flight, absolutely ON!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

On 9/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

I guess I'll be keeping my 1080ti 

Haha it's a bit early yet. If the 1080Ti is running 100% (which it is) and 3080 is running at 50% (just saying) then the numbers are bottlenecked by the CPU which means DX12 will have a much greater impact on performance with these cards than running a 1080Ti which is already struggling. I definately don't think these are true performance figures but unless we see a breadth and depth of games we'll not know. I guess for now though 2080Ti owners who had not sold there card probably feel a little better...

• Like 1

Lottsa' coincidences.

My windows updated itself.

Nvidia released its cards

Microsoft/asobo dropped the new update

Nvidia released a new driver.......

Time for new benchmarks, after those first not exactly stellar ones.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

How a Bot Bought Dozens of RTX 3080 Units Before Consumers Could Grab Them

https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-a-bot-bought-dozens-of-rtx-3080-units-before-consumers-could-grab-them

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3080s are a myth. I think there was about 1000 of them to sell nationwide and a few hundred got distributed to noobtubers for reviews. Pathetic. Typical nvidia paper launch. 

• Like 3

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

19 minutes ago, Doering said:

Good one! Thanks. Yes, should definitely be on in case of icing. If on a longer flight, absolutely ON!

On for T/O and landing - FOD protection, and the heats off.... weird how they set it up for T/O out of the box. Just like flying a Cirrus 🙂

11 minutes ago, J0nx said:

3080s are a myth. I think there was about 1000 of them to sell nationwide and a few hundred got distributed to noobtubers for reviews. Pathetic. Typical nvidia paper launch. 

Have you seen the ebay prices? Absolute daylight robbery. Some of the bids can't be real. some up to £8000?! Stupidity..... Especially for the sake of a few months. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, J0nx said:

The biggest problem was that NVIDIA didn't take any steps to prevent the scalping bots from snatching all the Founders Edition cards within seconds. Absolutely appalling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Just uploaded my first video with FS2020 if you wish to have a look

Nice video! Enjoyed it very much. I landed at Lukla so many times in FSX and P3D. So much fun.  

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Yeah the sites were out in less then a minute.  I don't believe a single one of those cards got into an actual users hands.  They should have done like Sony and generate a specific link for nVidia registered users with accounts of a certain age.  Yeah I know not everyone has one but its the most fair way I would thing you could do it.  I had no delusions of being able to get a card at launch and fully anticipated it could take months before I can get one.  Still sucks.  As for a 20gb version I am sure it is in the works but who knows when we will see it.  Maybe will be the Ti during next years iterative launch or a release they do in response to AMD depending on how that goes.

This is a delicate calculation. They sold the first copies in bulk. Now there is time for revision and money too.))

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider