Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

RTX 3080 - Flight Simulator 2020 Benchmarks

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Do they actually have them?  I heard they gave out vouchers but never actually had any... Nvidia is already talking about the 20gig 3080 so that's the play...

This morning they had 10+ each of the various brands.  Now showing sold out for all of them.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

It’s hilarious to see some of you guys so underwhelmed from these benchmarks.

4k shows a 30% increase from a 2080ti and almost 100% from the 1080ti. 

sounds like a darn good deal if you ask me.

these cards were geared for 4K gaming and beyond....doesn’t surprise me at all that 1440p doesn’t show much improvement. 

can’t wait to see what the 3090 holds for us.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

FSXX is supporting the new Ray Tracing and DLSS technologies? No at this moment. So the new RTX 3080 is just a 20/25% over an "old" RTX 2080Ti. End of story.

• Upvote 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Most predictable thing, evah'

Nvidia RTX 3080 cards are selling for thousands on eBay, and people are word not allowed

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/17/21443901/nvidia-rtx-3080-ebay-reselling-sold-out-shortages

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

man... what a torture. Wonder the availability of 3090 will be better given its $1.5k price tag.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Just now, FlyIce said:

man... what a torture. Wonder the availability of 3090 will be better given its $1.5k price tag.

I am hoping that the rush won’t be as much for those ones. Seems like the 3080 is very competitively prices for what it gives, whereas the 3090 is more niche for high earners and hard savers.....in comparison. 

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Curious to find out if the benchmarks are still the same with the new drivers Nvidia released today.

I’m sure they are optimized for the 30xx series cards!

Probably the exact same. The reviewers made their tests with the drivers that were made available publicly today.

They already have the RTX 3090 in for reviews right now, but no drivers yet for that one apparently.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Nope!

The same thing happened with the 2080ti, high price tag or not.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

bots (machines) buying the cards, not humans, and bots also selling it instantly double the price,

i wish they alowed preorders... i have the feeling this will look same with the 3090 cards

• Like 1

I see on eBay that some are being bid up at more than 5,000 us as I write this.

crazy!

edit.. I see one that has been bid up to over 10,000

2x crazy!

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

9 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I see on eBay that some are being bid up at more than 5,000 us as I write this.

crazy!

edit.. I see one that has been bid up to over 10,000

2x crazy!

I’ll take two!!!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

Times are getting more difficult as more people use technology. I want to buy a Ryzen 4800H laptop, it was scheduled for July, now delayed to December (Lenovo). That is really really stupid, but on the other hand, thats how things are going on. The industry shouldn`t double their working hours, just to make a lot more people satisfied. I have accepted the delay. 

Things are looking the same on the Nvidia cards, let em smash each other... who cares.

Altough I think that the 3070 shoud cost 399$, the 3000 series has a real amazing improved performace in gaming. But, for production environments these are way more impressive. double the Tensor cores, double RT performance, that is a real monster for those who use it (obviously not for gaming). Same as AGX.

The 3090 two big suppliers in the UK are showing upto 50 people view and interested in most of the AIB cards they won`t last a day, but i`m not interested at the moment i never paid MRRP for my 2080ti waited and picked up on a seasonal special offer. £995.   

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have the RTX 2080ti running with my 34” LG monitor (5K x 2K), running my screen capture program at 4K. The sim is very smooth. The card is doing the job for me. Just uploaded my first video with FS2020 if you wish to have a look.

• Like 6

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

They are now leaking a 3080 with 20GB...  People should hold off and force the @ssholes who bought the original 10GB to take a beating... 

I know a 20GB 3080 is actually exactly what I wanted.  

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg