Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

New Aircraft M20R Released

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Stop it! You're making it worse.

Hahaha.  Sorry!   I'll drop the tech-speak and just leave it as "don't worry, we'll still be able to tweak these planes."   😄

Also, to keep it remotely on topic, I picked this one up and it's rapidly become my favorite plane for hand flying;  it's just lovely.   I haven't tried any GPS flights yet or even turned the AP on, but from reading this thread, maybe I shouldn't to keep my love pure.

4 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Sorry!   I'll drop the tech-speak

Please don't. At least I would like to know how you read those "encrypted" files. Very interested for when I start modding this simulator.

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I hope you publish your technique so that the community can get to work modding the premium default and third party aircraft.

Haha, of course, I'm happy to share -- it's not particularly clever, or even hard once your head is in the space, to read these files --  but I'm already scaring people off with the tech-talk here.  🙂  If folks are interested in what I've done, PM me.   And when things are cleaned up a little bit more I'm happy to share the code I've written for it with the community.

17 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Hahaha.  Sorry!   I'll drop the tech-speak and just leave it as "don't worry, we'll still be able to tweak these planes."   😄

Also, to keep it remotely on topic, I picked this one up and it's rapidly become my favorite plane for hand flying;  it's just lovely.   I haven't tried any GPS flights yet or even turned the AP on, but from reading this thread, maybe I shouldn't to keep my love pure.

Do you plan to be able to replace the 182 G1000 with the same one as in the 172/1000 with the A/P incorporated in the 1000 and swap that out from the current partial 1000 and the older style a/p unit in there?

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

Hey koasfere, don't worry about that old fart, he will be ok once he finds his paintbrush. 😉

Now we are cooking.  I mentioned earlier today that our best hope for fixing the Mooney is to get one of those Github Mod Squads interested in our plane.  Now that you got we, there is true hope for our future.

After all the little fixes it needs to fly higher (turbo) and faster.  I guess we are all hoping Carenado and Aboso are talking the same language to get the first update out to us - soon.

Thanks for all your creative work.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Although given a choice in the real world I'd pick something else (want to be able to carry way more than it's useful load), this little guy is perfect for medium hops where you want to dash from one place to the next and not necessarily wanting to admire the scenery eclipsing below you at 170+ knots.

If we could get a high-wing with similar performance, I could also look down occasionally at a POI and see it instead of a wing. 🙂   

Although she's a bit goofy-looking in regards to what we deem a "High wing" to look like, the Extra 400 in the sim would be my goto SEL if we ever got a good one. 😉  She's a speedster, and an turbine...and I ain't payin' for gas (err....JP) nor turbine inspections for her...so I'm all in! Hehe.

Whitman Tailwind!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

36 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Do you plan to be able to replace the 182 G1000 with the same one as in the 172/1000

The Carenado 182 uses the default G1000, so the mod works with it out of the box.   I tested this just last night to verify that some of my logic would work in a third-party plane. 🙂

35 minutes ago, raymar said:

I mentioned earlier today that our best hope for fixing the Mooney is to get one of those Githib Mod Squads interested in our plane.  Now that you got we, there is true hope for our future.

Well, I'm not very skilled when it comes to adjusting flight models and engine parameters.   But I really like the Mooney and I'd be happy to collaborate with someone who has the skills there to improve this little hot-rod.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

The Carenado 182 uses the default G1000, so the mod works with it out of the box.   I tested this just last night to verify that some of my logic would work in a third-party plane. 🙂

Well, I'm not very skilled when it comes to adjusting flight models and engine parameters.   But I really like the Mooney and I'd be happy to collaborate with someone who has the skills there to improve this little hot-rod.

The Mooney needs a few dedicated pilots to assemble a list of wishes and a Mod Team to prioritize the list and start checking them off.  This Mooney could be the perfect single pilot IFR plane and should be able to make all approaches and still move along at 3 miles a minute for the VFR pilots.

One item that could be tackled right away is a good Lighting and Lighting Controls workover by the team that did the CJ4 and A320 lighting mods. There are lots of rheostats and a few switches but, they are difficult to operate with a mouse pointer and needs some fine tuning (settings are too course - either too much or too little between clicks).

Another one is the remote Altitude Selector needs the controls knobs to be redesigned for human use in rough weather.  Maybe a few selective click spots the size of a quarter.

Assuming Carenado and Aboso have solved the dead Avionics panel (total loss of power) for many of the users and the crazy Ivan removed from the GPS, we should start seeing some enjoyable flying.

Robert Young, one of our esteemed members here can adjust the flight model with some help in getting to the files.  He has volunteered to help for similar projects and is very knowledgeable in the area.

Our CJ4 guru can also do that sort of work.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 3

Here is my first cut at adding click spots for the ALT SEL.  The idea is to have dedicated click spots for VS on one side and ALT on the other.  Use the touch pad for touch and hold to increase or decrease your selection.  The yellow circle is the enlarge current click spot for switches between the VS and ALT. This would do away with the inner knob (fpm) and outer knob (FT).

If we are good at it, we could possibly adapt the slider indicators for Flaps or Rudder Trim to show active selections.

Of course, I am wide open to other methods or suggestions.

1203268489_ALTSELclickspots_rm.jpg.3e5f94af09de6559f10d8d4a0281ce5a.jpg

White labeled switches (from AP)

773621311_ALTSELclickspots_1_rm.jpg.7ef60a327aac8f999371bb8ebfb377d7.jpg

• Like 1

Ray-

Did Carenado give you any idea on the patch timeline... I spoke with Bert and I’m gonna pull the trigger on this one... it’s not my old 201 but it’s close enough 🙂

BTW if you’re speaking about Rob Young from ex RealAir, I’d fly a brick $h!+ house if he did the ADE.

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Nope, they never do, but, it sounded like the work is done. Check and verify and forward, eventually upload and distribute.  I expect within the week (Wild Guess, I know less than you about making it happen!)

I recommend you buy.

3 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Ray-

Did Carenado give you any idea on the patch timeline... I spoke with Bert and I’m gonna pull the trigger on this one... it’s not my old 201 but it’s close enough 🙂

BTW if you’re speaking about Rob Young from ex RealAir, I’d fly a brick $h!+ house if he did the ADE.

Ta- C

One in the same. I did most of the better reviews of their products.  All A+ 5 star stuff.  I sure miss those planes.

3 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Rob Young from ex RealAi

same guy that did Marcus Welby MD? Great TV Dr also.

Ray-

Rob and Sean’s aeroplane are as good or better than anything currently available in P3D... and they are all geriatric in comparison to the new stuff.

They were uniquely EXCEPTIONAL and I still fly their stuff more regularly than any other GA offering.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Just picked up the Mooney. When following GPS flight path, sure does like its "Crazy Ivans." 🙂

Yep...and just like the movie....he ALWAYS goes left on the bottom of the hour! 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg