I would wait till all the cards are on the table, and don`t be surprised if you see second hand 3080 on Ebay after the 3080 20GB is released, i think Nvidia are holding that back for after the AMD launch and that will be Nvidia`s top end Gaming card, the 3090 is not a gaming card and Jenson said that.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I would wait till all the cards are on the table, and don`t be surprised if you see second hand 3080 on Ebay after the 3080 20GB is released, i think Nvidia are holding that back for after the AMD launch and that will be Nvidia`s top end Gaming card, the 3090 is not a gaming card and Jenson said that.

The 3090 is basically a Titan, it is a workstation class card that runs with generic RTX drivers just  like a Titan does (the Quadros/Telsa have their own drivers), however for some reason they are not using the Titan name this time around.

Cost wise for a work station class card it is cheap.. Price a VG100 Quadro/Tesla if you are doubtful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Montie said:

Three 3090? You need three?

No. Three at different times. Trying to get one. Because they kept going out of stock. Get it? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I'll tell you what I'm glad my order did not complete for 3090.  It's overkill for MSFS or P3D for the next several years.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Almost bought one from Scan Yesterday, glad I didn't really. Will probably get the 3080 in the increased VRAM spec.

I can use the money saved for other stuff then, maybe some Fanatec gear.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Are you sure you want a 3090?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

So, it’s 10-15% quicker and has way more memory. In flight sim that can be make or break. For other games yeah, it’s not worth it. But imagine approaching Heathrow in a PMDG 737 at 4K, yeah it could be totally worth it.........

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I managed to pick up 2 here in the U.K. 

Seems easier than the 3080, however I’m still not sure I’ll keep it. Seems like the 3080 will win with 20gb ram. 

Cause most people aren't foolish enough to spend $1800 on a video card.

2 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

I wouldn’t say there is anything foolish about it. 1800 to you may be a lot. To the next person it may not be..... 

Its like fast cars, if you can afford them, why not? You’re still bound by the roads speed limit, but they’re nice to have. 🙂 

• Like 4

The cost is irrelevant everyone has different ideas of what's expensive or not.  A guy on £1200 a month it's ridiculous, a guy on £5,000 a month, nothing. 

If your on 4k personally I think it's the card to get for the VRAM and I bet better drives will come. If you can afford one, i say Enjoy! Good for you. It will last you a long time.

The vid Ian linked showed upto 12GB VRAM used so....with 8k shadows and LOD to 900.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

hey some people spending $4700 on a movie projector 😅

• Like 1

I was at the Geneva motor show as a Guest of Mclaren and in the lounge a guy sat down and ordered 2 cars right in front of me £600,000, he did not bat an eye. You have it or you don't. Simple. 

Or if you managed to order a Zegg before they sold out at 2.5m, all sold out by the end of the show....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There were 12 3090's at my local microcenter yesterday and they didn't sell out until almost noon. I could have gone and gotten one but that price is just not justifiable...

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64