Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Anybody's flying with TrackIR?

25 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I've had most of the time TIR off in MSFS, P3D, XP11 since you explained your views system, was it with CH HOTAS?

Thanks.

CH Yoke, Saitek X55 system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, DarkMantle said:

How smooth is the motion with Track IR?

It's very much tunable, but minimal FPS shold be no less than 30 I think.

3 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

It's very much tunable, but minimal FPS shold be no less than 30 I think.

Agreed. But also be aware that extraneous light coming in can affect how smooth TIR is. You don't have to be in a pitch black room but avoid light sources and/or reflections that are within the field of the sensor.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

TrackIR is fixed in v1.9.3.0, Seabhag66 has just confirmed it in the tread.

Edited by Dirk98

29 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

How smooth is the motion with Track IR?

Totally smooth. I have never experienced a smoother TRackIR experience than I'm doing in MSFS2020.

The 6-second Camera View Reset has also been working for me. However, I did run into a problem yesterday when I took off the TIR and then used the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client from my IPad (which I use all the time) and the view changed to an outside view (like standing on the left wing of the TBM) and it wouldn’t allow me to reset the view back into the cockpit. I reset the view using the TIR from my PC then returned to my iPad and it still wouldn’t let me back inside the cockpit. I haven’t fully tested this yet, but plan to investigate.

19 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

TrackIR is fixed in v1.9.3.0, Seabhag66 has just confirmed it in the tread.

Yep, no longer rests view 5-10 seconds after pausing. Now when you pause trackIR it stays where you were looking.

• Like 1

James

25 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Yep, no longer rests view 5-10 seconds after pausing. Now when you pause trackIR it stays where you were looking.

Yes, I agree.

It says in the Patch Notes that TIR can now be enabled/disabled in the Camera Panel. There isn’t an option that jumps out indicating it.

13 minutes ago, Bradleyjs said:

Yes, I agree.

It says in the Patch Notes that TIR can now be enabled/disabled in the Camera Panel. There isn’t an option that jumps out indicating it.

I think they're referring to the camera panel of the TrackIR software (the normal view it opens to). That is where you set your center, pause, etc. options for TrackIR.

James

59 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I think they're referring to the camera panel of the TrackIR software (the normal view it opens to). That is where you set your center, pause, etc. options for TrackIR.

Roger that, I’ll check it out.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, Dirk98 said:

Please share how you handle buttons and rotaries. Do you shut TIR down when you need to tune frequencies etc?

Thanks.

yes, by assigning a button on my yoke to shut it down, and then turn it on again by pressing the same button when I'm done 

• Like 1