Sign in to follow this  
Ed_S_Pilot

ORBX True Earth So. Cal. released!!

I have been on MSFS since it came out but needed my military jet fix. Buying True Earth SoCal was the trigger this morning to get back into P3D v4.5.

I am so disappointed - I genuinely cannot see any upgrade in places like San Diego, China Lake nor even Edwards AFB. They look awful now in comparison to what I've now got used to in MSFS. The desert out by Inyokern looks terrible with bright green trees dotted about. 

Feel like I've wasted some hard earned today

24 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

Interesting!

On my system the central valley looks like burnt toast - way too dark and way too red. I have an open (about a month now) thread on the Orbx support forum about Northern California being too red, have added SoCal as well. 

It is so bad, at least to my eyes, that I immediately uninstalled it.

You don’t happen to use a third party shader do you? When I was testing NorCal the enhanced saturation from the shaders I was using was the source of the extreme red.

Edited by pmanhart

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

ORBX KSAN got an update, but the colors don't match. The KSAN area is rather green while TE is brownish.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I find the quality of ORBX TE NORCAL SOCAL is not that high level like NE or GB

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, Ferg said:

I am so disappointed - I genuinely cannot see any upgrade in places like San Diego, China Lake nor even Edwards AFB. They look awful now in comparison to what I've now got used to in MSFS.

The airfields located in an Orbx region only receive a slight modification to the P3D default to bring them up to date. There are no wholesale upgrades to airfields when purchasing a region.

Instead, with a TE product, you get several hundred Points of Interest models, photo scenery (instead of landclass) ground textures, autogen that matches the footprint of the base image underneath and a terrain mesh for less than US$30. I don't think that's too shabby a deal when compared to some add-ons in our hobby (e.g. high-end airport / weather engine / jetliner).

Comparing a small organisation's efforts to a sim that has the financial and technological backing of Microsoft is disingenuous to say the least.
MSFS clearly has sharper imagery and better coverage (global), but then that's not surprising as the new sim can leverage the resources of a tech giant.

23 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I find the quality of ORBX TE NORCAL SOCAL is not that high level like NE or GB

I'm glad that they were released and are in my scenery library, but I get that feeling too.
At least Orbx gave us a 30% launch discount for each of them.

While it might not be as pretty as MSFS, I can at least take a quality airliner over large areas of photo scenery and into a whole range of payware airports that I own.
That will keep me happy until MSFS catches up with more quality airports becoming available and more importantly, high quality airliners.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, F737NG said:

While it might not be as pretty as MSFS, I can at least take a quality airliner over large areas of photo scenery and into a whole range of payware airports that I own.
That will keep me happy until MSFS catches up with more quality airports becoming available and more importantly, high quality airliners.

Agreed

Are any of you noticing the below issue with missing autogen near KLAX with TE SoCal?

2021812045_LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv4withW

I get the impression on ORBX forum this is the last for P3D, I will admit i do not buy TE as i fly in seasons if i want summer i can use MSFS for GA  flying all year. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I get the impression on ORBX forum this is the last for P3D, I will admit i do not buy TE as i fly in seasons if i want summer i can use MSFS for GA  flying all year. 

I could be wrong but I thought they are working on a KPBI (Palm Beach) also.  But no more TE's

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

16 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Are they not gonna make more TE's for P3D? or are you talking about that you will not more TE products?

My understanding was that they are not going to make any more True Earths for P3D

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

My understanding was that they are not going to make any more True Earths for P3D

Sad...

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

22 hours ago, pmanhart said:

You don’t happen to use a third party shader do you? When I was testing NorCal the enhanced saturation from the shaders I was using was the source of the extreme red.

Heya Phil, 

No, I do not use any shaders, and have not enabled HDR. The one thing I haven't checked is how it looks with EA turned on. But, as you can see from the threads after you that others are having issues as well.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

"Are any of you noticing the below issue with missing autogen near KLAX with TE SoCal?"

As a simple test, turn your autogen sliders (veg and structures), down a notch and see if they come back.  To me, it looks like you might have exceeded the maximum number of autogen objects per tile and the sim compensates in that way.  I have seen that in the past.  Worth a shot.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

3 hours ago, DModjo said:

Are any of you noticing the below issue with missing autogen near KLAX with TE SoCal?

2021812045_LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv4withW

Sorry, if THAT is what the product looks like....buildings that seem to be nothing more than smear paste...wow...glad I didn't jump on this...talk about low res source material for ground textures (Ortho).  FS98....I'm looking for the green triangle mountains....geez.

Edited by Sesquashtoo