Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

Too picky

2 hours ago, Huascar said:

Face it, it’s a simulator and not the real world. Stutters are pretty much part of flight simulation.

No they're not.

There are zero stutters in X-Plane and other sims like DCS if you have a reasonably strong system and aren't pushing beyond the limits of your CPU/GPU/RAM. X-Plane flies smooth as silk with no stutters or pauses on my system.

To be clear, I am NOT saying that X-Plane is a better sim in every respect. The new MSFS has a fantastic scenery engine and a promising weather engine that blows X-Plane out of the water on those two fronts.

But stutters and pop-in are another thing. I have my current MSFS set up so I only see a brief pause occasionally. Right now I'm more concerned about texture and 3D object pop-in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

The same thing happened when they released FSX. Patience paid off.

Except that this is not FSX in 2006. It is MSFS in 2020.

• At least in FSX 2006 the Autopilots & GPS's worked as expected for default airplanes, which btw had correct parameters in the airplane.cfg files. The 2 patches in FSX improved and fixed things.

• MSFS has had 3 patches and "seems" to be going backwards.
  • MSFS has great potential, but stagnant.

Patience paid of because we the users modded most everything, 3PD had proper access to the SIM and a decent SDK.

Edited by RamonB

1 hour ago, Evros said:

Customers have a right to voice their concerns, even when often enough those concerns are not objective because of frustrations coming from individual's tolerance. Never the less, making a new topic that is pretty much a gag order is out of place.

If it was a gag order it would be out of place, but it isn’t.  The critique works both ways, if you open your mouth on a public forum, you are in turn open to critique.  Some of the concerns expressed are on point, some are individual issues imagined to be general bugs, some are nerd rage intended as much to establish elite dominance of a topic as fix an issue, some are small issues blown out of proportion.  Some are fans of other sims trying to kill the new thing, etc...  not every critique is legit, and a user’s level of personal anger Is  irrelevant to the issue at hand.  I do understand that nearly every public forum/social media platform has descended into a nonstop poo throwing cesspit these days, but that doesn’t mean we have to accept that as perfectly fine behavior.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Patience paid of because we the users modded most everything

Sounds like what is happening right now. Less than 24 hours after the patch, both the A320 and CJ4 mods have been updated to work in 1.9.3.0.

17 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Patience paid of because we the users modded most everything, 3PD had proper access to the SIM and a decent SDK.

That's not really true. 3PDs hacked their way into the sim through risky DLL injections. This is something Asobo has shut down with the new sim and is trying to get 3PDs to only work with APIs they have enabled through the SDK. This of course has its downsides as the SDK is not fully built. But it's much safer for the long term for all of us.

3PDs need to deal with this new reality, even if it takes longer.

• Upvote 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

20 minutes ago, RamonB said:
  • MSFS has had 3 patches and "seems" to be going backwards.
  • MSFS has great potential, but stagnant.

LOL, come on now. Neither of these bullet points are remotely true. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

3 hours ago, Huascar said:

If you feel so strongly about the flaws, go get a PhD in the field and give us the perfect sim.

That's not an adequate response to criticism. You don't have to be an expert in a subject to know if something in that field is poorly accomplished. Without being able to write a concerto, or even play any instruments at all, I daresay anyone would be entirely justified in stating that Mozart's Symphony number 40 in G Minor, is better than Don Von Tress's Achy Breaky Heart.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

I daresay anyone would be entirely justified in stating that Mozart's Symphony number 40 in G Minor, is better than Don Von Tress's Achy Breaky Heart.

Not a fan of the latter by any means, but this is so much a question of personal taste. I think we could all agree it is different to, and a lot of people may indeed think it is better than, but can you get tanked and dance to it, while getting all maudlin and cheery at the same time?

(not an entirely serious post, no offence intended)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

but can you get tanked and dance to it

I can do that with any tune. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

I can do that with any tune. 🤣

Flight of the Bumble Bee? I'd pay to see that <grin>

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 hours ago, Huascar said:

Face it, it’s a simulator and not the real world...."

Yours is a very eloquent defense of mediocrity. I am not one of the complainers. In fact, to the contrary- in virtually all of my threads, I either preface or conclude my post with a statement indicating how enjoyable I find the sim atm.

However, to minimize and to indirectly call for issues, bugs, anomalies, errant/missing features essentially to be ignored, especially vis-a-vis previous MFS and/or alternative simulator feature-sets, is to ensure that future ongoing practices will not improve and it is to enable the distribution of flawed product(s).

"... Too many of you complain about trivial issues..."

What is trivial to you is not trivial to many others. I personally agree; the very few micro-stutters that I experience do not warrant my attention and they do not receive it. But you and I are two people. Who is to say that we are, or should be, representative of the intended & ancillary MFS markets?

"... Stutters are pretty much part of flight simulation..."

Why? Because you say so?

"... The project is a magnificent piece of software engineer. If you feel so strongly about the flaws, go get a PhD in the field and give us the perfect sim..."

B.S. That is like saying, when one purchases a new home with leaking plumbing,

'If you don't like the plumbing, stop whining, complaining to, and requesting that the builder (whose plumbing subcontractor should have installed a non-leaking system) repair the faulty system. Go become a plumber's apprentice, study the trade, complete all necessary education, processes & documentation toward becoming a licensed plumber, and go fix the da m ned plumbing yourself, ja_kas_s.'

If a car is faulty when it is purchased, the dealer & manufacturer should see to its repair. I think it is great that you would tolerate a $25,000 lemon from a car dealership; not everyone else would. It's fine and dandy that, in a nutshell, your attitude is

'Because I do not give a chette, neither should you. Like me, just be thankful for what you've got and enjoy it as it is.'

"Unreal"... Thankfully and hopefully, this is not the prevailing attitude within the MFS community.

If an employee came to me with the following attitude  'Well-it's-good-enough-for-me,-it-should-be-good-enough-for-you-too', I would fire them. There should be, at the very least, concerted attempts to address & to correct anomalies. Period.

"...As for the aerodynamics issues, third party developers will fix those issues..."

If an item is included in a product, that item should function properly. I do not care if the item is an armrest in a $25,000 car, a handle on a $15 Hamilton Beach toaster from Walmart or the aerodynamic modeling in a $120 software release for flight simulation. If the item & therefore the product is defective, it should be corrected. Sure, all [complex] pieces of software have issues; that is like saying water is wet. But known issues should be addressed. Look, no one is looking for training-level perfection here, but properly-modeled fundamental aerodynamics are to be rightfully expected. After that, and down the line, if folks want to compliment their MFS experience with awesome & unique aircraft (as I intend to) and with great scenery enhancements, then great! But incorrectly behaving aircraft should be corrected. Again, period.

Um, that all being said in long-winded fashion  lol, like you, I am totally enjoying this great, new MFS 2020 iteration... yaayyy!

Edited by RustyFlyer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

Obviously you do not play a lot of other games or you do not follow discussions about those games in forums, like Battlefield, Ubisoft Games (AC, Tom Clancy etc.) or even racing sims, if you really think that the flight sim community is the most ruthless and demanding.

^

This.

Red Dead Redemption 2 for consoles was a beautiful, entertaining and popular game. After a major delay, the PC version was released and RDR2 on the PC was hot mess. Rockstar Games was pilloried for weeks until they fixed some of the most egregious issues. Much of the problem stems is the variety in PC hardware, which makes writing a game more difficult than for a console. The flightsim community is no better or worse with regard to being demanding.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Much of the problem stems is the variety in PC hardware, which makes writing a game more difficult than for a console. The flightsim community is no better or worse with regard to being demanding.

Funny, you note the prime reason for why creating for the PC is such a challenge and then justify the Sim community for being unreasonable because others are equally unreasonable.

Here's a thought.  Since as "simmers" we are supposed to be more "mature" than the typical "gamer" we also acknowledge the challenges created for trying to create a product for thousands of different mixes of hardware, OS, memory, CPU, GPU etc.  and give the development team the time and space to work through the issues instead of daily snapping out new rants and tantrums on official and unofficial forums?

Such an adult reaction would be such a welcome change over the "this game has been out for six weeks and the developers are morons and I'm taking my crayons and stamping home" posts we seem to get daily.

Anyone on the Twitch Q/A today would understand just how ridiculous that sentiment is.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slides said:

Blackshark has two PhDs on their team that just deal with rooftop visualizations from 2D to 3D models. Think about that. The deep tech that it took to bring us this sim and digital twin of the planet is still not good enough for some of the cockpit button pushers. SDK, AP, FM etc issues are reasonably solvable in comparison to that accomplishment. 

I quoted this simply to emphasize the technology that was incorporated into this sim. I have watched the in depth videos describing some of the technology used for this Flight Simulator platform and it is really incredible and extremely complex. If we were all aware of the depth and complexity of the software technology used, I truly believe the tone used by some throughout this and other forums would certainly be different. A flight simulator that covers the entire planet for $60 with unsurpassed detail/realism for the home computer, introducing thousands to flight and aviation!

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

Such an adult reaction would be such a welcome change over the "this game has been out for six weeks and the developers are morons and I'm taking my crayons and stamping home" posts we seem to get daily.

Other then this quote is pure unadulterated hyperbole, I do agree with the rest of your post. People aren't angry about the lack of improvements in six weeks. They are unhappy about the delay in the context of where the MS hype machine and its band of "influencers" promised something that created unrealistic expectations. No one expected a perfect flightsim immediately on release. But they did expect that key features would work correctly. And further, if that wasn't possible because MS wanted the game released early, at least they could have produced a viable SDK, so that 3rd party developers could fill the gaps. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2