Sign in to follow this  
erick

Just noticed a fix for the high buildings bug on fs forum

In case some of you haven't seen this yet.

Some super awesome person "Cptlucky8" over on the fs forum has posted a fix for the high buildings bug. Sometimes the community really is amazing!!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

11 minutes ago, erick said:

Some super awesome person "Cptlucky8" over on the fs forum has posted a fix for the high buildings bug. Sometimes the community really is amazing!!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300

Good for him for sure (and us) does anyone know if this was only impacted if the Japan content was loaded?

i really didn’t notice in my flight yesterday anything that didn’t belong, but then again I was working on landings.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I havent installed the Japan Pack yet and i got those Giantbuildings too.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I havent installed the Japan Pack yet and i got those Giantbuildings too.

Ok, thanks..at least I can d/l the Japan content without fear of more corruption!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

48 minutes ago, erick said:

No idea how to do this the file he states to edit cant be found on SteAm version here ? thanks 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

No idea how to do this the file he states to edit cant be found on SteAm version here ? thanks 

Rich - Go to AppData/Roaming/MSFS/Packages/Official/Steam/bf-pgg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

Rich - Go to AppData/Roaming/MSFS/Packages/Official/Steam/bf-pgg

Thanks Pal 🙂 

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the head up 👍

btw, a few minutes ago, he just posted a 'community package fix' that will fix the issue wihout editing any of the original files (which is a better solution i think). Just check post 167 of the same thread posted by Erick.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

yep I applied this fix and no more tall buildings!  I needed to remove lines from here as well so please read on....

NB: there is another file now in the new Japan DLC folder which has the same content but also has additional entries for specific Japanese buildings.

File: OneStore\microsoft-pgg-japan\PGG\distribution.toml
Lines 3925 to 3972

I’ve for now deleted the same block of lines in both files because I’m not sure yet the Japan DLC is overriding the global one.

Please note the OneStore reference is not in the Steam installation, for me it was found under /Official/Steam/microsoft-pgg-japan

Thomas Derbyshire

No need to find and edit those files, he has now created a ‘mod’ that you drop into community folder. Fixes the high rise buildings and apparently, LOD issues too.

• Like 5

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Awesome fix, The guy who figured out this should be the Lead Developer for Asobo... The Hotfixer.

• Like 4

tpewpb-6.png

Nice! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

42 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

No need to find and edit those files, he has now created a ‘mod’ that you drop into community folder. Fixes the high rise buildings and apparently, LOD issues too.

Could you kindly post a link? I couldn't find the mod at the MSFS forum. Thanks!

found it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300/168?u=flyicem

Edited by FlyIce

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Good to see.

The patch changes actually did make the commercial part of my rural home town and our hospital area look more realistic but at the expense of ruining the suburbs and adjoining towns.  I can sort of see what they were trying to achieve with the patch but they really dropped the ball with how they went about it.

This fix is brilliant.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick