Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Why does autogen only load within a mile of the plane now?

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

You miss the point entirely....and i havent got any problems with Microsoft by the way, i actually love the company, so, could you write it in even bigger letters, with a a few hearth emoticons, please.

Well they are admittedly not as Evil as Apple but as far as unscrupulous business practice and heavy handed behaviour they are still in the same ballpark. Then again Google/Valve(Steam)/Epic/Sony etc etc are not much better either. It is what it is. But i certainly would not go as far as saying I "love" any of those corporations 😄

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

Because then they know that if they release sub-standard, faulty products they won't have people like you defending them for it - frankly.

This is not some small independent developer getting to grips with a new programming language, releasing cheap products.

This is a multinational business, with revenues greater than the GDP of Luxembourg and Croatia combined, charging full price for a commercial product release, and providing a fundamentally flawed product - actually introducing new flaws with every 'patch.'

I'm not sure what you expect to change if your view is that every time they fail you just ignore it. If I were working at Microsoft, I'd be laughing my butt off at the fact that there have been several rushed and ineffectual patches to a broken product and there are people actually defending it.

It's disgraceful.

I mean can you imagine the meeting after the patch?

Manager 1: So we've released the patch, how did it go?

Manager 2: Really bad actually. We've not addressed lots of the issues from the initial release, and we've actually introduced more problems.

Manager 1: So we're going to be punished by bad reviews, and lower incomes?

Manager 2: No, they don't care and have no intentions to hold us to account. 

Manager 1: Any reason to try any harder?

Manager 2: ....................

You sound like the kind of guy that ticks off waiters and have probably eaten a lot of spat upon dinners...

Your life doesnt depend up the perfect execution of this software and $60 is not enough of an outlay to justify level the outrage.  I personally am quite encouraged by the attitudes the developers have shown in all of their developer talks.  This sim is already groundbreaking and I'd much rather have the final version of my "filet mignon" saliva free when it comes in a few months time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

As for "full price"... I consider $60 a bargain for what they have shipped thus far  🙂

Well that's really down to them what they charged for it. Besides, would it have been working if they charged 70 for it, or 80? We know the answer is no, because there are versions of it which cost much more than that, and they're bust too, in fact they are actually even more busted because they have more faulty aeroplanes in them.

But that shouldn't really matter anyway: If I were to go to my local shop and buy a bar of chocolate for £1, but it tastes awful and actually makes me ill, the fact that it only cost me a quid is not really an adequate excuse for it doing that.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

You sound like the kind of guy that ticks off waiters and have probably eaten a lot of spat upon dinners...

Your life doesnt depend up the perfect execution of this software and $60 is not enough of an outlay to justify level the outrage.  I personally am quite encouraged by the attitudes the developers have shown in all of their developer talks.  This sim is already groundbreaking and I'd much rather have the final version of my "filet mignon" saliva free when it comes in a few months time.

Oh grow up, how pathetic can you be? 

I don't accept a broken full price product so I must tick off waiters and have my food spat in? Are you 12 years old? How stupid can you be?

By all means grovel on your knees whilst Microsoft takes your cash to the bank - whilst being unable to present a product at a price that any other major publisher in the industry can offer. 

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Upvote 1

Can you throw "word not allowed" at each other privately instead please?  👎

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I paid $120.  So far I've gotten 130 hours of flight.  If I never booted the sim again I will consider that I have gotten my money's worth.  And I expect to be booting the sim for years to come.  Actually, I've got another 95 hours in the Beta, so add that.

I've had some very good times, and some pretty bad ones.  The good definitely outweighs the bad, and I know there will be more good times to come.  And probably a few bad times too. 🙂  I don't care.  It's worth it.

It's not perfect. It's not finished.  It's still just a flight sim, with all that implies.  But for GA flying (which is all I do) it can't be beat.

Hook

• Like 7

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It's certainly a rushed patch. Scenery is not correctly displayed, as autogen is not drawn at a distance not far from your aircraft. Several planes have issues with their AP that were working Ok before the patch.

It's no matter the sim is worth the price or not, expensive or cheap, it's about a software product that still needs a lot of work and tests. I would only suggest to Asobo/MS to stop releasing "world updates" and any other similar extensions of the product, until the basic features of the sim are under control.

Let's concentrate on the basics.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

Oh grow up, how pathetic can you be? 

I don't accept a broken full price product so I must tick off waiters and have my food spat in? Are you 12 years old? How stupid can you be?

By all means grovel on your knees whilst Microsoft takes your cash to the bank - whilst being unable to present a product at a price that any other major publisher in the industry can offer. 

Weird, i must have superpower or something, because i knew for a fact you would go down that road, and start insult people here. How weird! 

6 hours ago, LHookins said:

I paid $120.  So far I've gotten 130 hours of flight.  If I never booted the sim again I will consider that I have gotten my money's worth.  And I expect to be booting the sim for years to come.  Actually, I've got another 95 hours in the Beta, so add that.

I've had some very good times, and some pretty bad ones.  The good definitely outweighs the bad, and I know there will be more good times to come.  And probably a few bad times too. 🙂  I don't care.  It's worth it.

It's not perfect. It's not finished.  It's still just a flight sim, with all that implies.  But for GA flying (which is all I do) it can't be beat.

Hook

Thank you for your sensible comments, i feel exactly the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

It's certainly a rushed patch. Scenery is not correctly displayed, as autogen is not drawn at a distance not far from your aircraft. Several planes have issues with their AP that were working Ok before the patch.

It's no matter the sim is worth the price or not, expensive or cheap, it's about a software product that still needs a lot of work and tests. I would only suggest to Asobo/MS to stop releasing "world updates" and any other similar extensions of the product, until the basic features of the sim are under control.

Let's concentrate on the basics.

Cheers, Ed

Yea, but they kinda have to cater for the newly "simmers" that MSFS brought to the platform. The kind of simmer/gamer that doesnt really notice all the problems we notice. They have to keep giving them eye candy and sweet update to slowly transition them to paid extensions, addons etc. 

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Welcome to the Beta program.

After some work, I was able to recover my LoDRadius back to 9.000000 (low density areas, and 7.000000 for higher density) ... need to test a little more as I had render scaling at 100 and AA looked horrible (normally I step up to render scaling 110 SSAA).  But 2.000000 (200) is definitely not the same as it was prior to the patch.  It's VERY hard to diagnose specific issues when I use a rolling cache ... I guess I can disable rolling cache but that just ensures performance problems all the time and/or reliant on server latency.  MSFS provided the rolling cache for a reason ... I hope, I think, it seems to work well once I get an area populated after a few local flights.

Cheers, Rob.

1.) How did you increase the LOD?

2.) render scale at 110 or above has better AA?

3.) Rolling cache is beneficial? I turned it off with fast internet.

4.) Thanks!

Yes, Rob, could you walk us through the steps for this (hopefully temp workaround - if Asobo have said the decreased LOD was unintentional) in increasing LOD back to what 200 gave us before the patch please?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea, but they kinda have to cater for the newly "simmers" that MSFS brought to the platform. The kind of simmer/gamer that doesnt really notice all the problems we notice. They have to keep giving them eye candy and sweet update to slowly transition them to paid extensions, addons etc. 

Yes, certainly true. And I also think Asobo/MS are maybe trying to setup a sim able to run on a certainly big universe of PC hardware, giving more performance and less graphics quality.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Has anyone found a way to fix the tree draw distance?

ps - moderators, please don't lock this thread (despite it being overrun by people hitting each other with handbags)