Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

New Orbx Weather addon

I noticed something odd.. No matter which preset I pick the Baro is at 2992. How come.. even during Thunderstorm... when I hit the "B" key the baro does not drop.

Could someone else check this please.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, DJJose said:

Where do these presets go? I have the MS Store version. Thanks.

for me

cpgmm is My "User id"

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

I noticed something odd.. No matter which preset I pick the Baro is at 2992. How come.. even during Thunderstorm... when I hit the "B" key the baro does not drop.

Could someone else check this please.

Just a guess, but orbx is using the same hole that Rexx uses to inject weather.  You use the MSFS clear weather preset, and then orbx injects their stuff.  Problem with that is that the clear weather preset is a barometer of 29.92.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

44 minutes ago, Manny said:

for me

cpgmm is My "User id"

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

That' where I added them initially, but they did not load properly when I loaded each one.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

i don't find the appeal here unless it has new types of clouds that's not available in the current sim.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

i don't find the appeal here unless it has new types of clouds that's not available in the current sim.

It is only useful if you fly a lot of VFR. If you are only ever at either FL300 or on an ILS final approach it would be pointless.

Good for VFR people though.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:18 PM, AnkH said:

Yu are aware that those are just a collection of presets? Nothing like real weather...

Thats what I thought but SoFly got in touch with me on YouTube and had the following to say.

SoFly
@David Jones Whilst some of them can indeed be done yourself in the sim, many of them simply can't without spending plenty of time editing. You can't achieve things such as the storms, sandstroms or zero visibility without the customisation we have done.

• Like 1

I think where these presets are most useful is if you are a instrument pilot wanting to do pratice instrument approaches and missed approaches.  The current version of MSFS does let you dial in weather low enough for true IFR approaches and get weather at or below ILS and ILS CAT 3 approach minimums.  There are a couple presets that bypass the Asobo's available sliders numbers (they editing the text files to higher numbers than the current slider allow), allowing lower visibility.  For the first time I was able to do true instrument approaches down to about almost zero visibility.

Asus Z590-E motherboard, i9-10850K, Samsung EVO 970 1T M2, 32G Gskill RGB 3000 RAM, ASUS Strix ROG 3090OC, Honeycomb Yoke and throttle, Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke and Throttle, Thrustmaster TRP rudder

9 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Thats what I thought but SoFly got in touch with me on YouTube and had the following to say.

Still those are presets and not real weather. They are very good presets, for sure, and they are better than what you get by manually playing with the sliders, yet it is not real weather. If it leads to any confusion, with "real weather" I mean the weather you have outside in reality at a certain time. This is not what those presets are for. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

These presets are for simmers like me who don't want to bother setting up manual weather. Pick a weather theme and go.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.