Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

New Orbx Weather addon

19 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

immediate probe and a temporary stay on this until we can find out why ORBX felt justified to defy all previous MSFS policy regarding manuals. 

? What do you mean 

Rich Sennett

Richard,

Are you being as sarcastic as I was with my response? 

An immediate probe (NO,not with an index finger) would be an exhaustive enquiry, possibly involving the FBI and CIA into the nefarious activities of ORBX who felt it necessary to include a manual for their software, in direct contravention of unstated MSFS "No Manual" policy. For those in the dark about how to do anything in MSFS2020 there is an unspecified and unpublicised redirection to Youtube, where they can get some qualified and unqualified advice on how to fly, configure controls, aircraft etc.  There are approximately .... hmmm let me think ... err ... NO authorised (by MSFS) purveyors of this video content.

OK, that last bit was somewhat a criticism, but the rest, like my original response is very tongue in cheek and just reflects my twisted and bitter sense of humour.

Regards mate

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Richard,

Thanks just didnt know 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

47 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Richard,

An immediate probe (NO,not with an index finger) would be an exhaustive enquiry, possibly involving the FBI and CIA into the nefarious activities of ORBX who felt it necessary to include a manual for their software, in direct contravention of unstated MSFS "No Manual" policy. For those in the dark about how to do anything in MSFS2020 there is an unspecified and unpublicised redirection to Youtube, where they can get some qualified and unqualified advice on how to fly, configure controls, aircraft etc.  There are approximately .... hmmm let me think ... err ... NO authorised (by MSFS) purveyors of this video content.

OK, that last bit was somewhat a criticism, but the rest, like my original response is very tongue in cheek and just reflects my twisted and bitter sense of humour.

Regards mate

Tony

Oh yeah?  I am filing a Motion to Set Aside Stay. @Richard Sennett you play the judge.  Do you grant my motion?  Or deny my motion?

heh

As for wx themes -- I see the benefit for those who really don't want to mess with setting it up.  Also good to learn that it CAN rain harder in the sim than the rainfall slider (presently) allows.  That is very interesting and may open up some possibilities. 

Edited by Mace
cain't spel

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I should have said, are they dynamic themes such as those included in REX WF?

No, they are not.

• Like 2

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Mace,

GAG order already submitted on Richard so your stay request has been for nought LOL  Just as a precaution I added the entire world to that gag order but only because I like to avoid entirely predictable defeat LOL

ORBX Weather.  Considering all the bad publicity fired at REX, which despite its alleged limitations, appears to me to be a good product which I am sure REX will improve upon, it is a very bold move by ORBX. That is particularly so, given that MSFS already has a preset WX system built in.  REX at least is trying to improve live wx in MSFS which is a different dog entirely IMO.

I am going to leave it at that because I am somewhat biased and a long term user, in favour of REX  and intend to purchase when finances permit.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On all previous simulators ORBX was including weather presets with any of their products.
They are charging for weather presets now?
Seriously...PRESETS!!
What's next?
Liveries?? Splash screens??

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 minutes ago, David Roch said:

On all previous simulators ORBX was including weather presets with any of their products.
Seriously...PRESETS!!
What's next?

Probably... Whenever a dollar can be made someone will fill in a gap!

A lets face it the current release of MSFS leaves plenty of gaps right now!

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, Carts85 said:

I don’t really get it though, I can kind of make these presets to a degree myself within the sim minus the sandstorm. Not sure I see the appeal here.

I agree. This is one of the silliest flightsim add-ons ever.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Seriously...PRESETS!!
What's next?

David they are not charging $100 for a global package and then throwing some extra themes.

They are only asking for $7 for what I believe makes the sim look better. The issue is that they are not dynamic.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don’t know how many hours it would take me to create 40 presets, but I will much rather pay 7 bucks to have this done for me. 

I like the idea of weather presets and to quickly change between all these different situations. 

• Like 4

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Nobody has mentioned the fact that ORBX has had the unmitigated gall to introduce an previously unheard of concept for MSFS .... A Manual for their software???? 20 pages of what??? Instructions??? What is going on here?

Now that's just crazy talk. Who ever heard of such a thing! 🤣

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

7 hours ago, Bottle said:

You do realise you can save your weather setting in the sim, don't you?

You can save flights and sometimes they remember the weather but I am not aware of any other way to do it but will be happy to learn the trick.

The way I fly if it is "IFR only" in live weather and i want to do VFR is I try and emulate a typical real flight and that often involves changing weather part way through the flight.  For example I  may take off from my home town with some cloud but no rain and then half way to the coast as I cross the mountains load the "scattered showers" preset from the nexus mod I linked earlier.  If there is any way to do something similar using previously saved weather in the game without resetting the whole flight I am genuinely keen to learn how. 

BTW ... for anyone that has not tried the free nexus preset mod this is the link, this will give you a rough idea of why the Orbyx mod (with many more presets)  may be worth buying:

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/80

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

First time I see weather presets addon. Sure I may have missed others in last couple of years... but really ???

It seems there is more content/effort in the trailer itself than the addon that it tries to sell.

6 hours ago, MagentaChild said:

I have an idea for another addon: MagentaChild's Airport Picker: Picks an interesting airport for you from a selection of over 100 airports! Only 9,99!

Will you be bundling this with 'Plane Picker' at a discounted price? 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here