Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Back to THE Motherland

• Obviously MSFS2020 global scenery is beautiful' however, we're unable to enjoy an airliner in all it's glory at this time; hence, I have decided to reinstall P3D V4.5 and and fire-up all the beautiful sceneries (add-ons) I have, and MOST importantly, all the major Airplane add-ons I have. I will also expand even more on  my ORBX such as  True Earth. I'm sure I will; be very happy. Yes, MSFS2020 is the future, but there's a lot, a lot to be improved.  Hopefully in 1 year, things have been matured with Asobo and the  third-party developers. 

• My best wishes  for all of you !  Enjoy what you like ... Like what you enjoy !!!

Cheers

Edited by joemiller
  • Upvote 2

Why did you uninstall P3D in the first place? You can also play with both, you know... they are not jealous unlike women 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

16 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Why did you uninstall P3D in the first place? You can also play with both, you know... they are not jealous unlike women 🙂

Good Question:  I was not planning  in uninstalling her. Howeve, the  promises of Love by my new lover,  were very good. So, I dumped the first lady, and got a younger and more beautiful girl.   

Unfortunately, the second lady, though much more beautiful,  suffers from Bi-Polar Syndrome.. some days she's happy and acts well.. others she's totally dysfunctional and grumpy. (Don't have the time for this). I need someone I can ride (and fly)  without having a mind-of-it-own.   

So, When she's all cured and functioning @ a minimum 90%, I'll propose marriage and we'll get back together. We'll  have some beautiful 'add-ons'  (and fly) her around the world like she's never seen before.

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 5

I could never go back. Bad lighting, bad clouds, awful scenery as soon as you leave payware zones....yesterday I did a flight to Astrakhan Russia in MSFS. Never heard of the place.  Landed at night in the A320 and it was spectacular. Afterwards I went on Google maps to check what the real place looked like and it was pretty much identical to what I saw in the flight. The roads i saw, the houses custom built rather than generic, the big river before the runway threshold. If I was on p3d I would be flying in the same places over and over until I shell out another $$$ for another region.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Why do people have to announce their departure?  I mean I don't play Fortnite but I don't go onto their forums and tell them I don't play Fortnite.. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Why do people have to announce their departure?  I mean I don't play Fortnite but I don't go onto their forums and tell them I don't play Fortnite.. 

some ppl like attention, and basically venting their dissapointment.

• Like 3

If you find it worth mentioning you will leave MSFS, I find it worth mentioning I'll go on enjoying it. 

And btw., I still have Prepar3D5, X-Plane 11, AeroflyFS2, and FSX (+ addons) installed. I just can't bring me to use them anymore.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 11

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

15 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

ummh ...  a lot of Steam fanatics who hate Epic Games actually do just that 😄

To be honest I do find some of these "I have spent thousands of dollars and years setting up my xxxx simulator and MSFS after a month is nowhere near as stable so I quit"  rants a bit odd, but at least the OP is being polite about it and not actually ranting, kudos for that.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, joemiller said:
  • we're unable to enjoy an airliner in all it's glory at this time;

Well, did Microsoft claim otherwise.? First releases of MS flight simulators always come with default planes. And the default planes in MSFS are so much better than the stuff that came before. 

Yeah, love those steam fanatics who won't play a game if it's not released on steam. I remember the rearend refuse storm that ensued after it was announced that Metro Exodus would be an Epic exclusive for a year. 

Well, if threads like this make news, I'm announcing my departure as well.  🙁

I am reinstalling Skyrim - the waterfall effects are much better and I miss them!  Plus there are all of those mods I downloaded.

I am telling you this because I feel really important and think that everyone should know.

When will I go back to MSFS?  Well tonight of course.  I want to try that brilliant G36 mod with the updated G1000!  👍

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

P3D just looks so lifeless though. 

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I would wait for v5.1 then get back into FSL & PMDG.

That will be the sim for airliners for the next year.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

52 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Anyone saying they're going back to P3D, X-Plane, whatever. . .

. . .will be back to MSFS really quite quickly.

Actually, some of them never leave.

• Like 2