Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

To all those with CTD, many seem to be using FSUIPC.... This is in beta and it is quite possible that is your controller problem? Just like the Garmin mods are not immediately compatible after update, maybe FSUIPC itself needs an update. Just a thought.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

I love the game but they keep messing it up,,, 3 steps forward 2 steps back...

Totaly agree! This is NOT god, and NOT going in the right direction! The launchversion of MSFS was ok, after that, with the patches so far... things has slowley become, well, at least not better. If this is the so called progess for MSFS that things gets more ande more messed up within every update. Then this is not good at all! i also LOVE this game (sim)... but like You stated Amelia; 3 steps forward and 2 steps back! Or was it the other way around?😉🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Noticed hdr off in windows if I turn it on screen looks terrible - washed out - tv setting are set to hdr auto tried other hdr options also same thing - windows says tv is hdr capable not sure what the issue is - not cable high end 8k cable

Hey Buddy, Check your Nvidia control panel and make sure in the change resolution tab you have use Nvidia color settings enabled with 10 bpc, RGB, set also. And yes w10 HDR settings under right click main window need to be on. You also need vsync turned off in sim from memory for HDR to be not greyed out.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The wthomas USB controller fix (see the MSFS Tips and Tricks) worked for me and I'm back flying.

Finally worked for me too.   You can't store a profile with no assignments, that causes a CTD.  I use "null" profiles with one button assigned to my Hotas Joystick and one button assigned to the CH Flight Sim Yoke.   When I fly the smaller jobs, I enable the yoke and assign the "null" profile to the joystick so that the axis don't conflict.  When I fly the jet linters, I activate the joystick and choose the null profile for the yoke.

I just downloaded FSUIPC 7 beta, and it appears it's quite flexible, but I don't see a user guide or manual so I'm having a hard time learning how to use that instead of the ones in MSFS.  I'd like to just let FSUIPC do all the work because it appears that MSFS can boink the controller profiles and I don't want to have to do this again.

9 hours ago, ankh21 said:

I restartet my computer several times, logged in and out my Store account...but no change. Perhaps i will try tomorrow. Thanks

I was unable to update MSFS - Error 0x80070141

I had to delete the registry entry 2 folder in order for the update to work. It contained all the same data as folder 3 but did not have the MutablePackagesOnline sub-folder in it. Somehow this entry was created, not sure why or when.  Using Regedit browse to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes\

Here is what the registry looked like:

https://imgur.com/ZGprFwz

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

I wrote before I can`t take off...now my mouse zoom doesn`t work...Checked all the settings million times, going crazy already((((Some ** focus** mode with mouse right button that never been there before....what`s happening...

Edited by arncliffe

Deleted

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

Update finally installed, installed the latest working title mods and everything Is working perfectly with no CTD yet.

Config:

- NO usb hub (everything plugged directly into computer)

- NO FSUIPC

- Honycomb Alpha yoke (all toggle switches unbound)

- CH throttle quadrant

- CH pedals

- No mods or liveries except the the latest working title updates (CJ4, G1000, G3000, GNX)

- AA looks great and graphics in general are amazing again.  Getting 30+fps on Ultra settings flying around Los Angeles with GTX2080ti, live and multiplayer traffic.

- Rare brief freezes (seems to be related to loading dense scenery like near downtown LA)

- I like the new rudder sensitivity curve, makes takeoff rolls much more manageable with rudder pedals

Edited by N7470
  • Like 1

I DON`T UNDERSTAND!!!!!Sorry for caps lock....I really don`t understand. I was torturing MSFS and myself for a few hours, gave up and had some beer, thinking- better wait til tomorrow...Then I thought- I ll start it one more time. And everything is back to normal. All works-joystick, mouse...What was that????

4 hours ago, robert young said:

The lighting is in your face over-the-top on my screen. Horrible indistinct white blobs everywhere. 85% of city lights are amber or light yellow. Where is all this white stuff coming from? I liked the subtlety of lighting before this. It was beautiful in places despite the missing lighting poles. The current cityscape at night reminds me of an early version of Flight 1's fsx lighting addon from 10 years ago :huh:

It could be also that for some reason I'm getting very blurry scenery and lights including in the cockpit with exactly the same Nvidia driver and settings as before.

Agree about the night lighting. Definitely miss the subtle lighting with variety of colors. Now it just street lighting all over in amber and yellow. No variety with houses and other smaller buildings also having some lights. It’s just grid after grid of streetlights. City skylines also not showing up and getting lost in the overbearing street lighting. Not sure why they changed this as the issue people had (as I understood it) was with the sepia tone of the city lighting when flying high and not the night lighting when flying lower. But then I see some people saying they like the new lighting but for me it takes me back to FSX days.

The night lighting looks good to me.  Here is a real life video of night lighting from a random city: https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/item/106456-honolulu-city-hawaii-night-above-pan-rt-hd.

This version of MSFS's night lighting looks much closer to the video than the last patch.  Perhaps they can tone down the brightness just a little, and for rural areas, decrease the frequency of lights.  But by far, I like this version of night lighting versus what he had last patch.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The night lighting looks good to me.  Here is a real life video of night lighting from a random city: https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/item/106456-honolulu-city-hawaii-night-above-pan-rt-hd.

This version of MSFS's night lighting looks much closer to the video than the last patch.  Perhaps they can tone down the brightness just a little, and for rural areas, decrease the frequency of lights.  But by far, I like this version of night lighting versus what he had last patch.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is relevant but worth pointing out.

To reset windows fully you need to RESTART and NOT SHUTDOWN.

Windows 10 has a "fast start"  feature turned on by default that partially HIBERNATES when you hit shutdown and can preserve any glitches you may have so they come back at next login.

To be safe when having CTD style issue you need to either disable the "fast shutdown" option in the advanced power management settings or just use the restart option.

• Like 2

The night lighting looks good to me.  Here is a real life video of night lighting in Chicago 

This version of MSFS's night lighting looks much closer to the video than the last patch. 

Perhaps for rural areas, they can decrease the frequency of lights.  If they decrease the frequency of lights for rural areas, then the roads in rural areas won't seem to be as lit up.  But by far, I like this version of night lighting versus what he had last patch.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

No issues with the install for me, and the launcher downloader now uses ~50% of my 200mbit internet, a big improvement from release where it used >25%.

No CTDs w/my CH products setup on a USB hub.

Went around the pattern in the C152, feels a bit smoother in pitch.

I took off from KMHV with no flight plan in the TBM930.  Climbed in a 124kt FLC climb to 31,000ft.  This is the recommended speed for max rate climbs in the POH.  Previously this caused a bunch of oscillations starting at around 20,000ft.  Rock solid on the climb (even after engaging FLC mode at 172 kts and dialing it back to 124 kts to see if it would get 'upset') and it captured the altitude nicely (very smooth nose down motion dialing back the ascent rate gradually) with only 30 feet of overshoot.  (Nice!)

Did direct to KRAL on the G3000, then loaded and activated the ILS approach.  Everything loaded in just fine with the right waypoints despite no flight plan being set ahead of time (need to try this on a G1000 aircraft, this has also been a problem in the past).  Set VS to -1000, A/P captured this fine with no issues.  It also leveled off really nicely at my selected altitude to intercept the ILS.

G3000 automatically switched to the LOC once I turned to the approach course.  AP was 'ok' at following the glidescope (still somewhat off at times, but within 1 pip of deflection).  Probably could have done better myself.

I turned off the A/P at about 500ft and hand flew in the rest.  The general control feel in the landing configuration did seem a better and less 'twitchy' than the last time I flew the TBM930. 

I don't know why people have such different experiences with this sim.  I feel for everyone with issues.  Hope it's resolved for everyone soon.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals