Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

Anti aliasing. It's now buttery smooth on my system.

Plus, you better go into you controls and reset the sensitivities before your maiden flight. What a change!

AA is indeed very good but I feel like I lost some FPS, and maybe around ~10...

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I thought the motion blur setting only applies to the Drone Camera when taking pictures?

Also curious to know about this improved AA that you guys are reporting. Can you elaborate more on that? Are you seeing less jaggies or something?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, Clem116 said:

AA is indeed very good but I feel like I lost some FPS, and maybe around ~10...

Whats your specs? I havent lost any fps. Im sitting in the same high 30 mid 40 range pre and post patch

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Not a fan of the motion blur effect when moving the external camera. Not sure who dreamed this up, but what camera in this day and age would that show that degree of blur?

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Night lighting looks a lot better, but it's hurting my FPS now. Getting around 35 when I was getting 45-50 at night before.
1250410_20201029153830_1.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I thought the motion blur setting only applies to the Drone Camera when taking pictures?

Also curious to know about this improved AA that you guys are reporting. Can you elaborate more on that? Are you seeing less jaggies or something?

Yes .More Anti Aliasing = Less Jaggies. Cant comment on the motion blur (Mine was set to ultra but maybe its imperceptible?)

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

What's this: New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented?

I always thought we had TAA from the start.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Night lighting looks a lot better, but it's hurting my FPS now. Getting around 35 when I was getting 45-50 at night before.
1250410_20201029153830_1.png

Wow, the night lighting does look a lot better! So happy about this!

• Like 2

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Not seeing a FPS drop, check settings to make sure the patch did not mess with your graphics config.

I've always run on the 'High' preset, i've never customized it. I did switch to medium and back again just to make sure.

Regarding motion blur, from my testing, it looks like it only effects camera movement, It doesn't apply it to objects that are moving.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

What's this: New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented?

I always thought we had TAA from the start.

We did. It was great .. till they kinda broke it with the Japan Update. This is a revised implementation that brought back the quality of the AA.

Well I need to nut out the control sensitivity as it's now completely unplayable for me and it's clearly this aspect that I need to tune. I don't think I've understood what the curves mean. Very unintuitive.