Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

I use track IR. Motion blur at ultra is brilliant. You gotta be moving fast..... try pan around the virtual cockpit using the mouse super fast. 
My render scale is 110 so not really noticing difference in AA here. Certainly no FPS hiyt my end. Maybe that’s why. 

Also, there are some manual updates around 80mb in the content manager that have to be manually downloaded.....

Ps the new night lighting is worlds better 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 6

The patch notes say this:

• The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)

It's possible TAA was not working at all for people with render scale <100% and now it is working, resulting in an FPS drop now that it's fixed

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

5 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Well I need to nut out the control sensitivity as it's now completely unplayable for me and it's clearly this aspect that I need to tune. I don't think I've understood what the curves mean. Very unintuitive.

Mine is just flat 1:1

They did change it, apparently it allows you to move the centre point

Just now, Bottle said:

Well I need to nut out the control sensitivity as it's now completely unplayable for me and it's clearly this aspect that I need to tune. I don't think I've understood what the curves mean. Very unintuitive.

yes it was immediately apparent on my first flight after the patch that I needed to re-adjust my rudder sensitivity.  went from a -72 to a -30 seemed much better,  my original setting was a bit extreme.  the new control sensitivity curve screen makes it much easier to see what you are adjusting.

no CTD's yet,  big frame dump at night, but I think some of that might be related to the new motion blur, which is really apparent at night.  I turned it off because I don't like it anyway, we'll see if that improves things.  According to their Q and A, they increased the distance that streetlights show in order to fix the night lighting, which might be some of the performance issue as well.

• Upvote 1

Oooooh, No! Motion blur works with Track IR. Moving your head fast blurs things. OFF, OFF, switch OFF for me! For Track IR it is not going to work. Just awful!

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Mh, i can't download from the store, it always says: Code: 0x80070141 😭

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Night lighting looks a lot better, but it's hurting my FPS now. Getting around 35 when I was getting 45-50 at night before.

I have to disagree. Buildings are still quite dark meaning skylines are not really visible which is now exacerbated by really bright lights on larger streets (while smaller streets are very dim). I thought the main problems with night lighting were building emissivity (or lack thereof) and non-existent apron lighting/flood lighting at most airports. The rest was pretty brilliantly done, very organic looking and easily beating out stuff like Black Marble in P3D. Now a grid of the main streets dominates your view with a smaller variation in light colors.

Edit: At least in my test flying in SW Florida. Maybe the new night lighting looks better elsewhere.

Edited by shipdriver

33 minutes ago, alexbap said:

CTD here.

Community folder is and was empty before install. 

Same here.

The option to choose between Imperial, Metric and Hybrid only seems to affaect weight and fuel units (Lbs/Kg Gal/Lbs/Liter)
Barometric unit seems unaffected. atleast setting to Hybrid still gives me InHg instead if HPa for both the Glasscockpits and ATC.

The sharpening filte for the grahics also still looks too much, so I had to disable it in the UserCfg.opt file.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home