Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Logbook

The logbook drives me bonkers!  It only records some of my flights.  I just finished a flight of several hundred miles in the 747 (which I can't always land, but this time it was nice as can be) but it's not recorded.

Grrr... 😠

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

There's a long thread on the official forum with several speculations: 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-not-updating-after-patch/275373/384

I tried several of them but they all work "sometimes". It's completely erratical, sometimes no entry at all, sometimes no departure, sometimes no arrival, sometime a full entry.

You are not alone, tell it to Mr. Zendesk, I already did.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes the logbook is frustrating.  Especially after the last update made it record fewer flights.

I know I mentioned this before, but man...

I just completed a flight to Mexico City in the 747, and made the best airliner landing I have accomplished in MSFS.  Logbook...nothing.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 11/6/2020 at 5:34 PM, Todd2 said:

Yes the logbook is frustrating.  Especially after the last update made it record fewer flights.

confirmed for v1.10.11

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Mine started working again yesterday...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Except for the (vic) destination airport issue, I was getting good logbook entries until last Thursday night. Then no logbook entries were being recorded. I hope the system is not being changed to require taxi to a spot and shutdown to record a flight. I don't normally spend the time to do a full taxi and shutdown and don't want to have to start doing it. 

1 hour ago, gallen144 said:

Except for the (vic) destination airport issue, I was getting good logbook entries until last Thursday night. Then no logbook entries were being recorded. I hope the system is not being changed to require taxi to a spot and shutdown to record a flight. I don't normally spend the time to do a full taxi and shutdown and don't want to have to start doing it. 

Even with good taxi to a spot and proper shut down it doesn't always log the flight! VERY frustrating AND annoying. Seems like such a simple thing to fix. I have reported it to Mr. Zendesk as well but NO ACTION from ASOBO.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

This logbook allready steal me a minimum

off around 50 hours 😏

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Do you all really need to be reminded of how much of your lives are being sucked away by this monster? 😄

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I think you have to follow all the semi-broken ATC prompts for both Takeoff and Landing to get the logbook to reliably register.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Has been having this problem for me since update 2. I do not use ATC and hardly ever create a flight plan and do not fly in developer mode. Yet some flights get recorded properly some partially (missing landings or takeoffs) and some not at all. I can not find any pattern. The developer does not seem to recognize this as a problem as it does not appear on any lists of issues.

Edited by pinepix62

Johan Pienaar

I have had a similar experience with the Logbook. Totally unreliable. It will miss a 3 hour flight but, log a 5 min abort. Duh.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, pinepix62 said:

The developer does not seem to recognize this as a problem as it does not appear on any lists of issues.

They have started looking into it according to the latest Feedback Snapshot.